When you shop with Same Day Music, you expect a quality, no-hassle experience. You may rest assured that these expectations extend to our treatment of your privacy. We respect the information we receive when you visit our Website and interact with our customer representatives.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Same Day Music Gather?
The information we learn from you helps us personalize and improve your shopping experience at Same Day Music.
We gather the following types of information:
Information You Provide
When you search, buy, participate in contests, or communicate with customer service, you supply information to us. For instance, you provide information when you make an order; fill in forms on the site; interact with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire; participate in Discussion Boards; rate a product or provide reviews; and so forth. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone number; credit card information; the names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and phone number information; the names of people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in stored settings; the content of reviews and e-mails to us; a personal description; and financial information, including social security and driver's license numbers.
In order to personalize and improve your shopping experience, we receive and store most information with which you provide us through the Website, by phone, or by any other means. This information allows us to respond to your requests, verify and fulfill your orders, customize future shopping for you, and communicate with you.
Whenever you interact with us, we receive and store certain types of information. For instance, like many Websites, we use "cookies" (see explanation below) and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Same Day Music. We also use "action tags" (see explanation below) and other data-collection methods. Data collected and stored includes your IP address, the last page you visited, and a session ID we store on your computer so we can preserve information about you as you travel from page to page. For example, we preserve your shopping cart contents while you browse various pages at our Website. Other examples of automatic information we collect and analyze may include login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; purchase history; the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Website, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; category pages you visited; and phone number used to call our 800 number.
In order to personalize and make more enjoyable your experience at Same Day Music, we may tie data that is collected automatically to information with which you provide us.
If you prefer to visit Websites anonymously, a number of companies offer utilities designed to help you do so. If we cannot recognize you, we will be unable to personalize your experience at Same Day Music, but we want you to be aware that anonymity tools exist.
While we do send customized promotional e-mail newsletters, we only send them to those who have selected to receive them. In addition, when you receive a promotional e-mail, you will also receive instructions on how to prevent receipt of any further promotional e-mails. If your computer supports such capabilities, we receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Same Day Music. This information helps us make e-mails more useful and interesting for you.
Information from Other Sources
Sometimes, we receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For instance, we may sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
Data Retention Policy
We do attempt to retain most substantive data indefinitely. We do not, however, store some spam e-mail and some raw log files. In addition, we promptly delete certain credit-card information, where required.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are very small alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to a file on your computer through your Web browser. They enable our systems to recognize your browser so that we may personalize your experience on our Website. For instance, cookies allow us to store items in your shopping cart between visits and record recent items you have browsed.
- Cookies are not required for the most basic use of the site, and under the "Help" option on most browser toolbars, you can learn how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- We recommend, however, that you leave cookies enabled, because they allow you to take full advantage of some of Same Day Music's best features.
- Users without cookies enabled will have limited functionality, and will be unable to place orders via the Web. If you have chosen to disable cookies in your browser, please call us toll free at 866.744.7736 and place your order with a sales representative.
Action Tags and other Data Collection Methods
Action tags are 1x1 pixel images embedded in a Website page that are used to transparently collect information.
Our internal or third-party ad server, content servers, affiliate program manager and Website analysis agents may use action tags or other data-collection methods to log clicks on a particular banner ad and visits to pages of our site, to record information about what products are viewed or purchased (including on our shopping chart page, checkout page, and other pages), and to log other behaviors on our site. The information collected by these tags may also include (but is not limited to) the amount of the purchase, order confirmation number, and the quantity and identity of the product purchased. Action tags are useful because, among other things, they can help us (and other advertisers, publishers, or affiliates) identify which ads are the most effective on particular sites.
We also use third-party companies to collect information when you visit our Website. These companies may use that information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements on this Website, other Websites and other forms of media about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp
Does Same Day Music Share the Information It Receives?
The following exceptions apply in order to allow such activities as fulfilling your order when it is not shipped directly from our own warehouse:
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders and order bonuses, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Promotional Offers: In the future, we may send offers to selected groups of Same Day Music customers on behalf of other businesses. Please note that when we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. You will be able to opt out if you choose to exclude yourself from subsequent mailings.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores or assets. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event that Same Day Music, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Mailing List: Same Day Music may occasionally share a portion of its mailing list with other reputable organizations. This information excludes email addresses. If you do not want your name and address shared with other organizations, or do not wish to receive our mailings, please contact us.
- In Aggregation: We may share with other individuals or companies information aggregated such that it should reveal no information specifically about you, but only about a larger group of individuals in aggregate (such as everyone from the same zip code).
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
- Other Anonymous Sharing: We may share tracked information in anonymous form with affiliates, publishers, researchers, those who advertise with us, or other individuals or companies.
How Secure Is My Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts data you input.
- When confirming an order, we reveal only some digits of your credit card number. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What Information Can I Access?
In the future, Same Day Music may offer you access to certain information about you for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. As our Website evolves, the exact information you can access and modify will change.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of some other useful Same Day Music features.
- You may be able to add or update certain information in the future. However, please be aware that when you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you opt not to receive e-mail or other mail from us, we will respect your wishes.
- You can explore the use of products that offer anonymous browsing. In addition, the Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Website.
While Same Day Music sells children's products, we do not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults only. If you are under 18, you may use Same Day Music only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
and we will try to resolve it.
This Website contains links to other sites. Please note that Same Day Music is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Website that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy Notice applies only to information collected by this Website.