Same Day Music is an
authorized Ableton dealer
Ableton Push and Live work seamlessly together to provide the best of both worlds: hands-on hardware to make something from scratch, and full-featured software to fine tune and finish your song.
The 2nd-gen Push now puts even more elements of song creation at your fingertips. Play and program beats, melodies and harmonies. Use sampling workflows to slice samples across the pads, play single hits, or play back time stretched samples. Quickly browse, preview and load anything from your library of sounds and instruments. And with smoother, more responsive pads and a multicolor display that adapts to show exactly what you need, Push now brings a new level of playability.
Push is now designed and engineered entirely by Ableton for a music-making experience that is as hands-on, expressive and closely integrated with Live as possible. Push and Live work together seamlessly to let you make beats, play notes and chords, work with samples and develop song structure -- all without needing to look at a computer.
Push lets you browse, preview and load your own sounds for making beats, or access Live's vast library of drums. Then play beats live with the 64 velocity-sensitive pads and adjust sounds and kits while you play, using eight touch-sensitive endless encoders. Or switch to a 16-pad mode that allows you to play in real time, step sequence beats, and adjust the length of your loop, all at the same time. You can also tweak timing, velocity, and parameter values individually for each pad.
Play Notes and Chords
Push's pads correspond to pitches, and offer a condensed layout that encourages a fresh approach to melody and harmony: large intervals can be reached easily, and patterns can be played with the same fingerings in all keys. You can select a key and scale with the touch of a button, and Push's touch slider can be used for pitch bend or modulation.
Push also lets you step sequence notes and chords: use the pads to enter notes, then make precise timing changes, create variations or adjust note length and velocity. You can even step sequence automation: record a parameter's value for each step to create rhythmic, quantized parameter changes that are locked to specific notes in your loop.
Work with Samples
Three separate workflows offer fast and flexible ways to get creative with your samples. Slicing mode lets you instantly chop up long samples and play each slice on a different pad -- ideal for rearranging loops on the fly or for creating drum kits from recorded grooves. Classic mode lets you turn melodic samples into playable pitched instruments, and you can use the encoders to define start and end points as well as attack, decay, sustain and release for each.
In One Shot mode, samples play back monophonically and all the way through, no matter how long you hold the pad -- perfect for playing drums. You can also transpose a playing sample without retriggering it, allowing you to transform melodic phrases into whole new melodies.
Beautiful and Playable
Everything about Push has been carefully reconsidered to provide an improved playing experience. The multicolor display adapts to show you exactly what you need to keep you in the creative flow without adding distraction. Push's pads have been carefully redesigned to feel softer, smoother and more responsive -- perfect for creating expressive beats and melodies.
Push is equally at home in the studio or on stage. You can keep your performances in-the-moment by switching between improvising with loops and playing drums, notes, and chords -- all from the same playing surface.
Seamless with Live 9.5
Using Push, you can launch clips and scenes, tweak device parameters and control mixer levels and sends -- Live can capture every movement. When you're ready, switch from Push to your computer to find your music already laid out in Live -- the software that was powering your work the whole time.
- Hardware instrument for hands-on playability with Ableton Live 9.5
- Play or step-sequence beats, notes, chords and automation
- Sampling workflows: slice, play and manipulate samples from Push
- Large multi-color display adapts to show what you need
- 64 sensitive and playable backlit pads
- 8 touch-sensitive encoders for controlling mixer, devices and instruments, and Live browser navigation
- Clip launch mode for Live performance and arrangement recording
- Scales mode offers unique approach to playing notes and chords
- Includes Live Intro for new users
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Push hardware
- Universal Power Supply, 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz with interchangeable heads for North/Central America & Japan, Europe and UK (Type A, C, G)
- USB cable
- Quick Start Guide + Download version of Live 9 IntroDimensions:
- Width: 378mm (14.88 inches)
- Depth: 304mm (11.96 inches)
- Height (body): 26mm (1.02 inches), (body + encoders): 42mm (1.65 inches)
- Weight: 2710g (6.0 pounds)Connections:
- External Power: 12V DC 1.25A
- USB Power: 5V/0.5A
- Two pedal inputs
- Kensington LockShell:
- The upper shell is a thick but lightweight plate of anodized aluminumPads:
- Soft silicone pads, carefully calibrated to respond perfectly at any velocity
- RGB backlightingEncoders:
High-resolution endless encoders that respond to touchButtons:
- The control buttons gently click and are lit with white or multi-colored LEDs to indicate a variety of statesDisplay:
- The high-resolution RGB display is bright and clear at any viewing angle and under any lightingTouchstrip:
- 17cm touch strip for pitch bend/scrolling
- 31 LEDs for navigation
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs
- with Gator Bag
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs