Same Day Music is an
authorized Access dealer
Here's what you get with the Access Virus TI2 Keyboard:
- The convenience of a VST software synth with the power of a hardware synth.
- Hands on control saves from using a mouse or MIDI controller to tweak parameters.
- OS updates are constantly adding features and improvements.
- Unmatched sounds and effects.
- Same features as the Access Virus TI2 Desktop, but with a pro-grade keyboard.
The Access VIRUS TI2 synthesizer keyboard is designed to lead the world in a completely different direction. Total Integration uses innovative technology to greatly expand the VIRUS Synthesizer, resulting in an advanced stage/standalone instrument, while simultaneously extending the product capabilities with a suite of compelling studio integration features.
The Virus TI2 Synthesizer has 25% more calculating power and sports a redesigned housing and front panel than its predecessor. Access also used materials to bring down the weight of the keyboard. On the software side of things, a major feature update, OS4, adds several FX such as a Tape Delay, Frequency Shifter and several Distortion algorithms along with a feature called Character.
Character allows you to adjust the overall tone of a preset reminiscent of several vintage and well-known synthesizers. In addition you can emphasis certain aspects of the patch to allow it to cut better through the mix, or fade it into the background with an extra-wide stereo field. The distortions were built from scratch and feature an extreme dynamic range along with sophisticated controls to tailor the sound to your specific needs. They can add everything from warm, tube-like overtones to complete sonic deconstruction more reminiscent of circuit-bending. The algorithms also include a revamped bit and sampling-rate reduction, allowing you to change the quality and cutoff point with precise, continuously variable control.
The stereo Frequency Shifter and the Ring Modulator are state of the art algorithms modeled with old '70s stomp boxes in mind.
The Tape Delay goes way beyond the possibilities of the real Tape Delays in the '60s and '70s. It smoothly syncs to tempo, lets you decide if a Doppler effect takes place when changing the tempo, and even switching the delay time between presets is all smooth, making it perfect for performers. Last but not least, a modification to the main VCA algorithm enables OS4 users to design gating FX known from electro and minimal influenced music.
Virus Control has received a completely redesigned user-interface thanks to various improvement requests over the last years. The plug-in now features a side chain input allowing you to mangle audio from a sequencer track with the FX and sound engine of the hardware Virus (for selected hosts only).
OS4 for the entire Virus TI line of synthesizers brings 6 more distortion flavors to the table, modeled on vintage guitar distortion pedals. Every one of these classic pedals is famous for its distinctive character and has been exploited by some of the greatest guitar heroes of all time. The virtual stomp boxes feature carefully modeled distortion curves and tonal characteristics and include tone controls where appropriate.
- Mint Overdrive - The sound of this one just screams tubes - a very special kind of overdrive which results in a wonderful smokey tone. Good for achieving a subtle distortion effect whilst still retaining headroom for dynamics.
- Curry Overdrive - A more extreme distortion, like in the original, this does not feature a Tone control.
- Saffron Overdrive - The orange one. A very harsh distortion, popular with the grunge movement.
- Onion Overdrive - A big distortion effect famous for its fuzzy character.
- Pepper Overdrive - A clear, powerful distortion thats perfect for making leads cut right through the mix. Tone control to soften sound with a lowpass filter.
- Chili Overdrive - A classic "fuzzbox" overdrive. No tone control, just in-your-face fuzz.
This effect is a simple and effective way to vocalize any sound similar to the way a talk box or vocoder would do.
The comb filter creates everything from subtle, pitched overtones to extreme time-warped deconstruction of any given patch.
Arpeggiator To Matrix
OS4 for the Virus TI series introduces a powerful feature that allows you use the arpeggiator pattern to modulate any of the parameters available to the modulation matrix. You can use this to create dynamic, rhythmical patterns within a sound, similar to what you can achieve with a step sequencer.Power Supply:
Power Supply, Virus TI Desktop/Snow only (Included)
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
Inputs and Outputs:
6 Symmetrical outs with +4dB studio level
Optional Soft Limiting for every output
192 Khz/24bit D/A converters
2 Inputs with 24-bit A/D converters
4 different input sensitivities
USB for audio, midi and data connection
USB2 compatible device, 12Mbit data transfer rate
S/PDIF In/Out for Digital I/O.
Dedicated headphone out.
Pure Tuning (Licensed)
What's in the box?:
Printed Quick start manual in English, German, French and Spanish
Power Supply (Virus TI Desktop/Snow only)
Line voltage: 100-240V AC
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
Maximum continuous power: 30W
Operating temperature: 50 degrees to 95 degrees F (10 degrees to 35 degrees C)
Storage temperature: -40 degrees to 116 degrees F (-40 degrees to 47 degrees C)
Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
Maximum altitude: 10,000 feet
- Mac: Apple Logic 9 and higher, Steinberg Cubase 5 and higher, Pro Tools 7.3 M-Powered, LE, or TDM and higher, Ableton Live 7 and higher
- PC: Steinberg Cubase SX/SL 4 and higher, Pro Tools 8 M-Powered, LE or TDM and higher, Cakewalk Sonar Producer X, and Ableton Live 8 and higher
Please note that other sequencers/versions might work as well but Access will eventually support all functionality. Access strongly recommends only using certified products.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Shipping Weight: 34 lbs