Same Day Music is an
authorized AKG dealer
A classic by now, the CMS Series CK 1 capsule from AKG was a best-seller from the moment it was launched in 1969. Comprising a range of interchangeable capsules and preamps as well as then innovative, dedicated accessories, the CMS Series from AKG quickly became a legend until it was discontinued in 1993.
Responding to growing demand from recording engineers, AKG decided to produce the C 451 B with identical acoustic behavior of the popular original C 451 EB + CK 1 microphone again, with dramatically improved specifications and outstanding price/performance.
The capsule is fixed permanently to the preamp to eliminate the mechanical problems of the screw joint. Using an extremely light diaphragm, the C 451 B is almost totally insensitive to handling noise. An all-metal body provides excellent protection from RF interference and the microphone is rugged enough to give excellent results even under very harsh conditions.
The C 451 B is an excellent tool for accurately capturing signals rich in transients such as drums, overhead miking, or other instruments with a percussive sound. The airy sound, high overload limit of the capsule and electronic circuitry, and improved engineering details of the C 451 B are a solid foundation for creating another legend.
- Identical acoustics as the legendary CK 1
- Rugged construction
- Flat on-axis frequency response
- Precise, nearly frequency-independent cardioid
- Extremely accurate signal transfer
- Transformerless output stage for minimum distortion at low frequencies
- Protected against electrostatic and magnetic interference
- Selectable 10 dB and 20 dB pre-attenuation pads
- Switchable high-pass filter (75 Hz or 150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Operates on phantom power to DIN/IEC between +12V and +48V
- Complete with SA 60 stand adapter and W 90 windscreen
- Each microphone comes with its own individual frequency response plot
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of