Same Day Music is an
authorized Alesis dealer
Alesis DM10 Studio Kit
The Alesis DM10 Studio Kit is a professional, six-piece electronic drum kit that feels as good as it sounds. With features like the groundbreaking DM10 drum module, natural-feeling RealHead drum pads, low-noise DMPad Cymbals, and a compact, flexible StealthRack, the Alesis DM10 is the perfect kit for your studio, practice space or stage.
Features of the Alesis DM10 Studio Kit
- DM10 high-definition drum module with 12 trigger inputs and mixer
- Dual-zone drum pads with real mylar heads, RealHead 10" snare and four 8" toms
- DMPad Cymbals: hi-hat, two crashes, and triple-zone ride
- Compact, black aluminum StealthRack
- Real, uncompressed drum and cymbal sounds
- Dynamic Articulation(TM) changes sounds' timbre and dynamics for ultra-realistic playing response
- Sound-set loading and use with software drum modules, both via USB
- Play along and record with onboard sequencer
- Mix input for practicing with external sources such as CD and MP3 players
The Sound You Want with the Alesis DM10 Studio Kit
The Alesis DM10 drum sound module contains true drum, cymbal and percussion sounds, built from real samples of classic studio drums and prized cymbals. Whether you're after the most in-demand acoustic drum sounds from legendary drum brands, or real American, Canadian, Chinese, and Turkish cymbals, or even classic drum machine and electronic percussion sounds, this module's got you covered.
Dynamic Articulation with the Alesis DM10
Built for the drummer with the pickiest of ears, the DM10 employs a series of different samples at multiple dynamic-levels and articulations for each sound in it's memory. When played, the sounds are built to respond differently when struck differently. In other words, as you play harder and softer, the drum or cymbal changes its timbre, not just its volume. This engineered realism is known as Dynamic Articulation(TM), an Alesis exclusive. In addition, the DM10 allows you to zero in on the perfect sound for each situation by adding reverbs for different room sounds or using a wide variety of rimshots, rim clicks and different stick-placement sounds on the cymbals. For example, a hi-hat's sound depends on a number of factors: how open or closed the pedal is, how hard it is struck, and other variables resulting in 40 different sounds - plus foot chick and heel splash.
Not only does the Alesis DM10 module have an impressive collection of on-board sounds, it's also the world's first drum-sound module that enables you to load new sound sets via USB connection from your computer. This means that your sounds will always stay fresh, current and cutting edge.
The Alesis DM10 module has 12 trigger inputs, perfect for creating custom configurations. Use the DM10 as a trigger-to-MIDI interface with drum module software (BFD, Toontrack and Reason, among others) or practice with the tracks in the DM10's internal sequencer, an iPod or other MP3 players...the DM10 is far from a "one trick pony."
The Feel You Need
The DM10 Studio Kit features Alesis' ultra-realistic RealHead pads in 10" and 8" sizes. In an effort to keep their kit as acoustic-feeling as possible, Alesis included dual-zone pads with real mylar drumheads and real triple-flanged counterhoops.
The snare and tom pads are dual zone, enabling you to differentiate between rimshots, rim clicks and snare hits as well as the ability to assign other sounds such as wind chimes, cymbals, gongs and cowbells on the tom rims. The RealHead snare and tom pads mount on standard 10.5mm L-rods with low-slip, knurled mounting surfaces.
You can use virtually any single or double kick pedal with the RealHead Kick Pad, or split the DM10's kick input with a Y-cable and connect an optional second kick pad for the pedal feel you prefer.
The Alesis DM10 Studio Kit includes a set of four low-noise DMPad Cymbals, including a Hi-Hat Cymbal, two Crash Cymbals, and a triple-zone Ride Cymbal. DMPad Cymbals provide a rubberized playing surface that strikes the perfect balance between natural cymbal feel and low stick-on-pad sound. The ride and crash cymbals feature large choke triggers on the undersides for realistic cymbal control. The ride also features multi-zone triggering on the bell, face and edge. The Hi-Hat Cymbal and RealHat Pedal give you continuously variable control from wide open to tightly closed.
The Alesis DM10 Studio Kit comes with an ergonomically curved, black aluminum StealthRack. The StealthRack is fully adjustable and large enough to easily accommodate additional pads, yet takes up a fraction of the space of an acoustic kit so it's perfect for studios and rehearsal spaces. It employs standard 1 1/2" tubing for compatibility with virtually all drum manufacturers' rack hardware.
The Alesis DM10 Studio Kit Includes:
- (1) DM10 drum module
- (4) RealHead 8" Dual-Zone Drum Pads
- (1) RealHead 10" Dual-Zone Drum Pad
- (1) RealHead Kick Pad
- (1) DMPad 12" Hi-Hat Cymbal
- (2) DMPad 12" Crash Cymbals
- (1) DMPad 14" Ride Cymbal
- (1) StealthRack with mounting clamps and arms
- (1) RealHat Pedal continuously variable hi-hat control pedal
- (1) Set of interconnection cables
*BFD is a trademark of FXpansion Audio UK Ltd.
*Toontrack is a registered trademark of Toontrack.
*Reason is a trademark of Propellerhead Software AB.
*iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Polyphony: 64 voices
- Memory: 128 MB, linear
Audio and Trigger I/O:
- Audio inputs: stereo (2x RCA)
- Trigger inputs: 12x 1/4" TRS
- Hi-hat controller input: continuous compatible (1x 1/4")
- MIDI: In, Out (2x DIN MIDI)
- Audio outputs: stereo Main (2x 1/4" balanced), stereo Aux assignable (2x 1/4" balanced)
- Headphone output: stereo (1x 1/4" TRS)
- Computer: High-speed USB for MIDI and computer transfer (1x USB slave)
Sound Set and Sequences:
- Preset sounds: 1,047
- Preset sound type: 16-bit uncompressed samples
- Preset kits: 100 (all kits can be overwritten)
- Sequencer patterns: 75 preset, 25 user (all patterns can be overwritten)
- Basses: 55
- Beatbox: 55
- Beat/drum machine: 59
- Chinas: 13
- Crashes: 36
- Hi-hats: 25
- One-hits: 349
- Kicks: 91
- Percussion: 151
- Rides: 28
- SFX: 31
- Snares: 85
- Toms: 69Kick pedal not included
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- with TransActive Drum Monitor
- Shipping Weight: 108 lbs
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 71 lbs