Same Day Music is an
authorized Aphex dealer
The Aphex J PRE 500 mic pre is inspired by the flagship Aphex 1788A remote controlled preamp used in studios, on stage and in broadcast. They both use the same Jensen JT11K8 nickel input transformer while the J PRE 500 also features a Jensen JT-11DL nickel output-balancing transformer. The single channel J PRE 500 provides affordable access to the legendary 1788A sound.
The J PRE 500 features Aphex's patented Mic-Limiter technology that works before the preamp. With the limiter on, it's nearly impossible to clip the input of the preamp, making the J PRE 500 ideal for no-second-chance recording.
The Aphex 1788A is an industry standard mic pre for live performance. It is commonly used for award shows like The Grammys, The Academy Awards and The Country Music Awards. The J PRE 500 is inspired by the preamp from the 1788A and includes Aphex's patented Mic-Limiter technology that works before the preamp for those times when there is no second take.Professional Studio Recording:
When you plug into the J PRE-500, you'll instantly think, "This is the real deal -- this is the sound people think of when they hear professional recordings from a big name studio." The 1/4" input also makes it easy to run instruments through the mic pre without using a direct box.Voice Over/ADR Recording:
The J PRE 500 provides excellent sound for voice. The patented Aphex MicLims also come in handy when screaming or yelling is required in a recording. You'll capture excellent sound quality without clipping the input of the preamp.
The J PRE 500 is approved by the VPR Alliance.
- Front panel 10Mohm, 1/4" input for the connection of instruments like guitar and bass. This input overrides the input on the rear of the receiving frame when connected.
- A 3-way switch allows the selection of +16, +20 or +24dBu output levels.
- The 20-segment input meter allows input levels to be easily seen, even from a distance.
- 65 dB of gain to properly operate dynamic, condenser and ribbon microphones and a 26dB pad for very loud sources.
- Illuminated buttons control Phantom Power, Phase Reverse, 75Hz High Pass Filter and Mic Limiter on/off.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of