Same Day Music is an
authorized Arturia dealer
A giant has returned to life. Oberheim's legendary SEM - Synthesizer Expander Module -- is back for the first time as a high-end software emulation powered by Arturia's exclusive TAE technology.
Faithfully reproducing the warm Oberheim SEM tone, the Oberheim SEM V is also polyphonic, with a full array of innovative sonic features.
The SEM was one of the world's first self-contained synthesizer modules. It was primarily developed as a convenient solution for musicians who wanted to set up sequences without tying up more valuable synths. The SEM also worked very well as an expander to fatten up the tone of other synthesizers like the Minimoog or the ARP Odyssey. Soon the SEM gained a popularity of its own, thanks to the unique sounds generated by its innovative multimode Filter.
The original SEM has particular characteristics for which it was loved by many musicians to this day. The Arturia SEM V brings back the sound and special characteristics in an accurate virtual emulation.
The SEM V modules were entirely redesigned after the most recent evolutions in TAE, Arturia's proprietary technology that recreates analog modules after their detailed electronic circuitry.
The result of this lengthy project is a faithful virtual instrument that delivers the same acoustic properties as the original.
- All the original parameters of the Oberheim SEM:
- Two oscillators, each offering sawtooth wave and variable-width pulse wave with PWM
- Sine wave LFO
- 12dB/oct multi-mode Filter with low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch
- Two ADS envelope generators
- Added functionalities:
- Sub oscillator
- Onboard effects (Overdrive, Chorus and Delay)
- Polyphony and 8 Voice Multitimbrality
- 8 Voice Programmer module
- Advanced Keyboard Follow module
- Modulation Matrix module
- Works in Standalone, VST 2.4 & 3, 64 bit & 32 bit, RTAS and AU 32 & 64 bit formats
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of