Same Day Music is an
authorized Behringer dealer
If you want classic analog handling but can't skimp on superior digital effects and studio-grade mic preamps, the SX3242FX is your best friend. This mixer's 24 mic inputs, 8 stereo inputs and 4 buses give you enough leeway to handle anything from a graduation speech to a 5-piece band to a whole church service with praise band and choir.
The XENYX Mic Preamp matches the sound quality, transparency, headroom and even the dynamic range of boutique-style, stand-alone mic preamps. Behringer's neo-classic"British EQ" brings back the warmth and musicality of those '60s and '70s mega-console desks that made music history. The XENYX FX mixers incorporate a studio-grade 24-bit FX processor. Get 100 real-world and awesome effect presets at your fingertips.
Classic control, state-of-the-art sound
Each of the SX3242FX's 24 mic inputs connects to our world-famous, studio-grade XENYX mic preamps. They are legendary for their high headroom, warm natural timbre and utter lack of background noise. Plug in a large-diaphragm condenser mic and track a vocal to hear XENYX's rich detail and spaciousness. Plug in a dynamic mic and stick it inside a bass drum to appreciate the whopping headroom.
You may experience side-FX
Whether you need to add a dab of reverb or delay to a live vocalist's mic or warp a hard day's studio session into psychedelic quicksand, the SX3242FX has you covered. they gave this mixer two independent studio-grade 24-bit stereo FX processors with 99 awesome presets (see full list below) to provide the perfect sonic garnish. "Sure they're great for live sound, but I have a lot of cool plug-ins for recording," they can hear some of you saying. Truth be told, you never have too many effects. And when you hear the quality of the effects, you may want to give your overworked CPU a rest.
Naturally they gave you a whole palette of creative effects like reverb, chorus, flanger, delay and pitch shifter tones, as well as mind-bending multi-effects to take your sound out of this world. But you also get problem solving workhorses like compression and gating plus final effects such as Ultramizer, Ultrabass and Exciter that can put a PA or studio mix over the top. And because there are two processors, you can cue two separate effects, then apply one or both to channels 1 through 28 -- compression for the vocalist, reverb for the vocalist and snare drum, for example.
What the heck is British EQ?
A good thing to have on your side when you start reaching for those channel equalization knobs. At a live concert or in the studio. Think of it as kinder, gentler, more musical EQ like the type found on classic British consoles from the 60's and 70's. Single malt scotch instead of Everclear. Home-baked cherry cobbler instead of an artificial cherry lollypop.
British EQ's distinct configuration of wider curves/lower Q and harmonic phase characteristics allows you to add or subtract EQ more generously than you can with conventional EQ circuit designs. When you add low midrange, you get a firmer sound instead of a nasty bonk. When you back high frequencies off a bit, treble backs off just a hair instead of turning muffled.
All SX3242FX mono channels have low and high shelving plus a sweepable "mid-range" you can move anywhere from 100Hz to 8kHz. Think of it as your roving English troubleshooter.
Kill feedback before it maims your audience.
When it comes to suppressing feedback, the SX3242FX is like having a bloodhound trained to spot trouble frequencies a mile away. The 9-band graphic EQ (which you can choose to apply to your main mix or monitor mix via the MAIN/AUX1 button) features the FBQ Feedback Detection system. It makes finding and adjusting critical frequencies a snap. Just push FBQ IN, then watch as LEDs on the individual EQ sliders light up, indicating which frequency bands are causing feedback. Simply adjust until the LED goes dim.
The Ins and Outs
Some manufacturers make what they call 32-input mixers that count stuff like CD/TAPE IN as an input. But the SX3242FX really gives you twenty-four honest mono channels plus eight stereo channels, making it easy to accommodate a variety of studio or live performance configurations. You can connect up to 24 microphones or other mono instruments and up to four stereo instruments (keyboards or tone modules, for example).
You can combine these input in four different sub-mixes (we call them buses). That allows you to blend multiple channels--say all the mics on a drum kit or all the backup singers' mics--to a single fader, which is easier to adjust for the overall mix that goes to the PA speakers. You can also use one or more of the sub-mix buses to create custom monitor mixes for picky members of your band.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- 24 XENYX Mic Preamps
- Four stereo input channels with 4-band EQ plus 4 additional stereo input channels with Level and pre-fader Aux controls
- Neo-classic British 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band
- Two independent 24-bit stereo FX processors with 100 presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
- High-precision 9-band stereo graphic EQ for monitor or main mixes
- FBQ Feedback Detection system
- Peak LEDs, Mute, Main mix and subgroup routing switches, Solo and PFL functions on all channels
- Inserts on each mono channel and main mix for flexible connections to outboard processors
- 4 Subgroup outputs and additional Mono output with sweepable Low Pass filter for subwoofer application
- 4 Aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Balanced Main mix outputs with 1/4 inch jacks and gold-plated XLR connectors, separate Control room, Headphone and stereo Tape outputs
- Solo-In-Place and Pre-Fader-Listen functions plus full-featured Talkback section
- Standby switch mutes all channels during breaks while background music is provided via CD/Tape inputs
- Long-wearing 60 mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Internal auto-ranging power supply (100 - 240V)
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 28 lbs