Same Day Music is an
authorized DBX dealer
You used to have to settle for second best in a reasonably priced EQ, but not anymore. With the dbx 2231 Dual 31-Band Graphic Equalizer you get a great EQ circuit, a graceful yet powerful limiter and the revolutionary design of the Type III Noise Reduction.
Type III Noise Reduction
It's amazing. One little button. It has so much effect. The Type III Noise Reduction is a cool concept -- virtually instantaneous encode/decode within the circuitry of the box. dbx started out to build the finest EQ's possible, boxes with the heritage and performance to rival our famous 30 Series EQ's. And to no one's surprise they came out awfully darn good. But then, Roger (dbx's chief engineer, a nice guy, as far as engineers go) got the crazy idea of putting this noise reduction stuff in the box. They listened to it and were amazed. The EQ's sounded great without it but with it the performance was nothing short of incredible. Check it out yourself and see.
Who knows more about limiting than the folks at dbx; nobody, that's who. So when the guys were developing this series of EQ's they wanted something that would be unique to these EQ's. That's when Roger got another one of his bright ideas and said "I bet they'll work a lot better if there's a cool limiter built in." Next thing you know, all the guys are in the studio amazed at the limiter Roger had designed specially for the 20 Series. Once again, hearing is believing.
With a threshold range of 0 to +20dbu, the PeakPlus limiter is designed to tame your program material from the subtlest nuances to the rowdiest hits. Also, the four stage LED ladder gives you a great visual indication as to what the limiter is doing.
- Revolutionary patent-pending instant encode/decode Type III Noise Reduction increases S/N ratio by up to 20dB.
- PeakPlus Limiter (also patent pending) threshold range from 0dBu to +20dBu
- Four segment LED bargraph for both Gain Reduction and Output Level.
- Status LEDs offer visual feedback for all settings on the front panel.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Connectors: 1/4" TRS, female XLR (pin 2 hot), and barrier terminal strip
- Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance: Balanced 40kS, unbalanced 20kS
- Max Input Level: >+21dBu balanced or unbalanced
- CMRR: >40dB, typically >55dB at 1kHzOutputs
- Connectors: 1/4 in. TRS, male XLR (pin 2 hot), and barrier terminal strip
- Type: Impedance-balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance: Balanced 200S, unbalanced 100S
- Max Output Level: >+21dBu balanced/unbalanced into 2kS or greaterSystem Performance
- Bandwidth: 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-0.5dB
- Frequency Response: <10Hz to >50kHz, +0.5/-3dB
- Noise Reduction In (+/-6 and +/-12dB range):
- Signal-to-Noise: >102dB, unweighted, ref: +4dBu, 22kHz measurement bandwidth
- Dynamic Range: >120dB, unweighted
- Noise Reduction Out: (+/-6dB range):
- Signal-to-Noise: >94dB, unweighted, ref: +4dBu, 22kHz measurment bandwidth
- Dynamic Range: >112dB, unweighted
- Noise Reduction Out: (+/-12dB range):
- Signal-to-Noise: >90dB, unweighted, ref: +4dBu, 22kHz measurement bandwidth
- Dynamic Range: >108dB, unweighted
- THD+Noise: <0.04%, 0.02% typical at +4dBu, 1kHz
- Interchannel Crosstalk: <-80dB, 20Hz to 20kHz (2215/2231)
- Noise Reduction: Up to 20dB of dynamic broadband noise reductionFunction Switches
- Type III NR: Activates dbx Type III' Noise Reduction
- EQ Bypass: Bypasses the graphic equalizer section in the signal path
- Low Cut (recessed): Activates the 40Hz 18dB/octave Bessel high-pass filter
- Range (recessed): Selects either +/- 6dB or +/- 15dB slider boost/cut rangeIndicators
- Output Level Meter: 4-LED bar graph (Green, Green, Yellow, Red) at -10, 0, +10, and +18dBu
- Gain Reduction Meter: 4-LED bar graph (all Red) at 0, 3, 6, and 10dB
- Type III NR Active: Yellow LED
- EQ Bypass: Red LED
- Clip: Red LED
- Low Cut Active: Red LED
- +/-6dB range: Red LED
- +/-12dB range: Red LEDPower Supply
- Operating Voltage: 100VAC 50/60Hz, 120VAC 60Hz, 230VAC 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption: 23W
- Mains Connection: IEC receptaclePhysical Dimensions:
5.25" H X 19" W X 7.9" D (13.335cm x 48.3cm x 20.1cm)
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Shipping Weight: 15 lbs