Same Day Music is an
authorized Eminence dealer
The Omega Pro 15 is designed for all high power bass applications. It has a 4-inch polyamide-imide coated 2-layer 27 ga. copper voice coil, kapton coil former, 109 oz. ferrite magnet, vented and extended core, paper cone with cloth edge, and a paper dust cap. It is available in 8 ohms only.
- Kapton coil former for increased rigidity and thermal protection
- Polyamide-imide coated 2-layer, 27ga., copper voice coil for improved power handling and durability
- Ferrite Magnet
- Vented and extended core for increased power handling
- Die-cast aluminum basket for rigidity
- Paper cone
- Cloth cone edge
- Solid composition paper dust cap
Professionals Go For Gold
It has often been said that Eminence professional loudspeakers are not expensive enough. A genuine American-built cast-frame high performance transducer must surely cost considerably more -- after all, most other premium speakers do.
The fact is that nobody else in the world makes quantities like Eminence and nobody else can waste as little during the manufacturing process. If they made fewer and rejected more, they could match their prices. Eminence Pro models have always been a remarkably good value. Following a series of detail revisions, they are now an even better value.
The major cause of failure in a loudspeaker is thermal overload. Expansion of moving parts -- even melting of parts -- is terminal. Some time ago, Eminence approached DuPont about formulating a special type of Kapton that could efficiently deal with extreme heat conditions. Except for rare accidental overloads, this material all but eliminated voice coil failures.
Eminence has further developed manufacturing techniques with this material and investigated other problem areas in transducer motor structures. The combined effect of a number of seemingly small adjustments to production techniques, component materials and adhesives has yielded dramatic improvements in power handling.
The transducers in the revised Pro range offer power handling improvements of up to 50%. The popular Omega Pro series, originally rated at 600W, is now rated at between 700W and 800W. The Kappa Pro 15LF, once rated at 400W, is now rated at 600W. To recognize these models, look for their gold back plate labels.
Now more than ever, selection from this range demands a more considered approach than simply reviewing power handling and sensitivity. It is recommended to consider the sensitivity chart and a review of the Thiele-Small explanations as a prelude to selecting samples for computer modeling of enclosure designs and listening tests.
The Eminence professional series represents a collection of the most widely used professional loudspeakers in the music industry. From indoor or outdoor concerts, to churches, night clubs, recording studios and arenas all over the world, Eminence has become well known for virtually all applications. Eminence earned this reputation from engineering and manufacturing transducers that incorporate incredible innovations in an affordable package. Why pay more for an over-engineered product? Do what the professionals do: put Eminence Inside!
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Nominal Basket Diameter: 15", 381mm
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Rating: 800Wrms
- Resonance: 39Hz
- Usable Frequency Range: 35Hz - 2kHz
- Magnet Weight: 109oz.
- Gap Height: 0.375", 9.52mm
- Voice Coil Diameter: 4.0", 101.6mmMounting Information
- Recommended Enclosure Volume (vented): 92 - 158 liters 3.4 - 5.6 cu. ft.
- Overall Diameter: 15.21", 386.4mm
- Baffle Hole Diameter: 14.0", 355.5mm
- Front Sealing Gasket: fitted as standard
- Rear Sealing Gasket: fitted as standard
- Mounting Holes Diameter: 0.275", 7mm
- Mounting Holes B.C.D: 14.56", 369.9mm
- Depth: 6.35", 161mm
- Shipping Weight: 26lbs., 11.8 kg.Thiele-Small Parameters
- Resonant Frequency (fs): 39Hz
- Impedance (Re): 4.98W
- Coil Inductance (Le): 1.48mH
- Electromagnetic Q (Qes): 0.36
- Mechanical Q (Qms): 8.57
- Total Q (Qts): 0.35
- Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas): 196 liters 6.92 cu. ft.
- Peak Diaphragm Displacement Volume (Vd): 408cc
- Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms): 0.19mm/N
- BL Product (BL): 17.2 T-M
- Diaphragm Mass inc. Airload (Mms): 88 grams
- Equiv. Resistance of Mechanical Suspension Loss (Rms): 2.42N*sec/M
- Efficiency Bandwidth Product (EBP): 107
- Voice Coil Overhang (Xmax): 4.8mm
- Surface Area of Cone (Sd): 856.3cm2
- Impedance at Resonance (Zmax): 122 ohms
- Maximum Mechanical Limit (Xmech): 30.48mm
- Eminence response curves are measured under the following controlled test conditions:
- All speakers are tested at 1W/1m using a variety of test set-ups for the appropriate impedance
- LMS using 0.25" supplied microphone (software calibrated) mounted 1m from wall/baffle
- 2ft. X 2 ft. baffle is built into the wall with the speaker mounted flush against a steel ring for minimum defraction
- Hafler P1500 Trans-Nova amplifier
- 2700 cu. ft. chamber with fiberglass on all 6 surfaces (three with custom-made wedges)
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Shipping Weight: 25 lbs