Same Day Music is an
authorized Epiphone dealer
Epiphone presents the Limited Edition Brendon Small Thunderhorse Explorer, a one-of-a-kind signature guitar designed in collaboration with Brendon Small, the co-creator and musical imagination behind Dethklok, the virtual metal band featured in the hit animated show Metalocalypse. With the Thunderhorse Explorer electric guitar, Epiphone and Brendon have collaborated to create the ultimate 6-string weapon, loaded with exclusive features only found on this unique and versatile guitar.
Enter the Thunderhorse
The Brendon Small Thunderhorse Explorer electric guitar features a striking Silverburst gloss finish on a classic Explorer profile. Both the body and neck are mahogany. The 24.75-inch scale neck has a 1960's SlimTaper D profile, and is hand-set and glued-in for extreme resonance and sustain. The smooth and fast phenolic fingerboard can only be found on the Epiphone Thunderhorse -- it has a 12" radius, 22 medium jumbo frets, a 1.68-inch nut, and pearloid dot inlays. The guitar has single ply cream binding on the body top and along the fingerboard. The classic Explorer truss rod cover on the Exporer headstock is black with "Thunderhorse" in silver silkprint.
BurstBuckers Go Metal
The Thunderhorse is powered by Gibson USA BurstBucker pickups. The neck features a Gibson USA BurstBucker-1 humbucker and the bridge position features a Gibson USA BurstBucker-2 humbucker that is slightly overwound to emulate the legendary hand-wound PAF humbuckers produced at the historic Gibson-Epiphone factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan in the late '50s. BurstBucker pickups are made with unpolished magnets and non-potted coils, just like the originals. This combination gives players subtle tone variations that make each Gibson USA BurstBucker humbucker - and your guitar - absolutely one-of-a-kind. And, you'll get even more power from the BurstBucker experience thanks to push/pull coil-tapping controls on the Neck Volume and Bridge Volume knobs, also an Epiphone exclusive.
Hardcore Electronics and Hardware
Epiphone and Brendon Small know that your axe is worthless (as in "not worthy") without high quality electronics. The Brendon Small Thunderhorse Explorer electric guitar includes Epiphone's non-rotating 1/4-inch output jack and an Epiphone all-metal 3-way pickup selector with a black toggle cap. Neck and bridge volume controls feature 500K linear potentiometers and the Master Tone knob is a 500K non-linear with 0.02uF tone capacitor. Hardware is serious business at Epiphone, and the Brendon Small Thunderhorse Explorer electric guitar features all nickel Epiphone StrapLocks, a LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece combo, and Grover Mini-Rotomatic machine heads with a 14:1 tuning ratio.
The Thunderhorse comes with a premium-fitted custom gigbag with three Dethklok stickers that you'll only get from Epiphone. And of course, the Brendon Small Thunderhorse Explorer electric guitar also comes with the Epiphone/Gibson Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 customer service.
- Striking Silverburst gloss finish on a classic Explorer body
- Mahogany body and neck
- Hand-set 24.75" scale neck with 1960s SlimTaper D neck profile
- Super-smooth, super-fast phenolic fretboard
- Gibson USA BurstBucker pickups with coil-tapping
- LockTone Tune-o-matic bridge
- Includes premium custom gig bag and Dethklok stickers
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Body: mahogany
- Neck: mahogany
- Neck Shape: 1960s Slim Taper; D profile
- Neck Joint: glued in, set-neck
- Truss Rod: adjustable
- Truss Rod cover: 1-ply (Black); "Thunderhorse" in Silver silkprint
- Scale length: 24.75-inch
- Fingerboard Material: phenolic with pearloid Dot inlays
- Neck Pickup: Gibson USA Burstbucker 1
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson USA Burstbucker 2
- Knobs: Black Speed knobs
- Controls: Epiphone 3 way pickup selector with push/pull coil tapping on neck and bridge volume controls. Master Tone Control.
- Binding: Body top - 1 ply (Cream) Headstock - none fingerboard - 1 ply (Cream)
- Fingerboard radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium-jumbo
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic/Stopbar
- Nut Width: 1 11/16"
- Hardware: nickel
- Machine Heads: Grover Mini-Rotomatics; 14:1 ratio
- Output Jack: Epiphone heavy-duty 1/4inch Jack
- Finish: Silverburst (Gloss)
- Includes: premium fitted custom gigbag with three Dethklok stickers, and a "Limited Edition" logo on the back of the Epiphone straplocks
- Warranty: Epiphone Limited Lifetime
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Shipping Weight: 15 lbs