Same Day Music is an
authorized Fender dealer
The Fender '74 American Vintage Jazz Bass with Maple Fingerboard is a fantastic reissue of the funk machine from the year that brought many great features to the Jazz bass. With distinctive chrome pickup and bridge covers, thumb rest, white fingerboard binding, pearl block inlays and 20 vintage-style frets, the '74 Jazz bass gives those unmistakable looks of the original. American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass pickups pump out snappy, articulate yet surprisingly verastile tone that people love about mid 70's Fender Jazz basses.
Significant changes were afoot in 1974 for the Fender Jazz Bass. The bridge pickup had been moved about half an inch closer to the bridge only the year before, and 1974 saw the last of the four-bolt necks for quite a while. Further, the slim C-shaped maple neck was re-sculpted with a meatier U-shaped profile (and acquired a walnut "skunk" stripe), white fingerboard binding and pearl block inlays made their first appearance, headstock 'bullet' truss rod nuts were first adopted, and black pickguards replaced their longstanding tortoiseshell predecessors.
- Urethane-finished alder body (ash on Natural-finish model)
- American Vintage '74 Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
- Upper-mounted thumb rest, chrome pickup cover and 'F'-stamped bridge cover
- Vintage-style bridge with single-groove steel 'barrel' saddles
- '70s-style 'Fender'-stamped open-gear tuners
- Four-bolt 'F'-stamped neck plate
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of