Same Day Music is an
authorized Gibson dealer
Many players agree that the Gibson ES-175 reached its full potential in 1959, when Gibson replaced its original P-90s with PAF humbucking pickups and designed a rounded, ultra-comfortable neck profile. The Gibson 1959 ES-175 Historic electric guitar recreates this vintage classic with Gibson's proprietary nitrocellulose lacquer finish and VOS process for a gently aged look. The nickel hardware exhibits a mellow, aged patina to recreate the entire look sound and feel of the Historic 1959 ES-175.
To recreate the 1959 ES-175, Gibson Custom Memphis employs all the tonewoods, components and constructional details that helped to make the original legendary. The body, designed by Gibson to reduce feedback in a full-depth archtop, is made from three-ply plain maple with an AAA plain maple top face. From the pointed Florentine cutaway, to the solid maple rims with replica cotton rim stays, to the precise binding dimensions and colors, every effort has been made to ensure the look of the 1959 ES-175 is dead-on.
The set neck is made from solid mahogany with a bound rosewood fingerboard inlaid with characteristic split-parallelogram position markers. Carved to a comfortably rounded late '50s profile with hand-rolled binding, it exudes the playing feel of a well-aged classic. A mother-of-pearl Gibson logo and crown inlay grace the headstock, along with a set of vintage-style, single-line TonePros tuners with amber tulip buttons.
The hardware complement is completed by a multi-ply ES-175 pickguard, traditional floating rosewood bridge, and a correct 'zig-zag' trapeze tailpiece made on the original building forms, previously lost for decades.
Original late '50s ES-175s benefited from the glorious tone of some of the most revered pickups ever created, Gibson's hallowed "PAF" humbuckers, and Gibson Custom Memphis goes all out to achieve that sound in this recreation of the classic. A single or dual set of Aged '57 Classic humbuckers (depending on the guitar) accurately transmits the 1959 ES-175's acoustic voice, while adding the warmth, depth, edge and articulation that made PAFs famous in the first place. They are wired through original-spec 500k CTS potentiometers with "Bumble Bee" tone capacitors, and a three-way switch on the two-pickup guitars with original style rubber grommet.
All together this guitar breathtakingly recreates the total look, feel and sound of the highly prized original, and represents one of the most comfortable, playable historic guitar reproductions Gibson has provided the market in years.
Each guitar comes protected in a plush-lined hardshell case with black exterior and charcoal interior, and includes Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity, owner's manual and adjustment literature, and protection by Gibson's Limited Lifetime Warranty and 24/7/365 customer service.
- Full hollowbody with 3ply maple/poplar/maple back and top
- Mahogany neck with hand-selected dark rosewood
- Aged-cellouse plastic split parallelogram inlays
- TonePros Kluson tuners with tulip buttons
- Original Spec zig zag style tailpiece
- '57 Classic humbucker pickup
- Includes Custom Shop silkscreened case
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Body: Fully Hollow
- Top: 3ply - Maple/Poplar/Maple, Hot Pressed
- Back: 3ply - Maple/Poplar/Maple, Hot Pressed
- Binding: Vintage Cream
- Neck: Mahogany Neck with Maple Spline
- Truss Rod: Traditional
- Joint Angle: 4 degree (+/- 15 seconds)
- Neck Joint: Mortise and Tenon
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50
- Joint Angle Tolerance: +/- .005"
- Fingerboard: Hand-selected Dark Rosewood
- Radius: 12 inch
- Scale Length: 24.75 inches
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.687/2.062
- Inlays: Aged-Cellouse Plastic Split Parallelogram
- Binding: .04, Vintage Cream
- Other: Thin '59 Style Fret Wire/Tortoiseshell Side Dots
- Nut: Vintage-Style Nylon
- Width: 1.687
- Slots: Gibson PLEK System
- Logo: Mother of Pearl 'Gibson'
- Inlay: Mother of Pearl Crown
- Truss Rod Cover: Vintage Truss Rod Cover
- Angle: 17 Degrees
- Tuners: TonePros Kluson with Tulip Buttons
- Plating: Nickel
- Tuning Ratio: 18:01
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Type: Rosewood Base, Compensated Rosewood Top, Height-Adjusting Knurled Wheels
- Material: Rosewood and Nickel-Plated Adjustment Wheels
- Tailpiece: Original Spec Zig Zag Style
- Material: Nickel Plated Brass
- Knobs: Amber Top Hat with Dial Pointers
- Pickguard: Black Reissue with 5-ply Binding
- Strings: .012 - .052, Genuine Gibson Strings
- Strap Buttons: Single Tapered Plastic
- Neck Pickup: '57 Classic Humbucker (Alnico II)
- Coil Wiring: Parallel-Machine Wound
- Pickup Mounting Ring: Black Plastic
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone
- Capacitors: Sprague Black Beauty Bumblebee
- Type: 500k Audio Taper
- Output Jack: 1/4 inch Switchcraft Jack
- Finish Sealer: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Case: Custom Shop Silkscreened Case
- Exterior: Black Leatherette
- Interior: Charcoal Plush
- Certificate of Authenticity: Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity
- Additional Materials: Lifetime Warranty Information
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Vintage Burst
- Shipping Weight: 22 lbs
- Vintage Natural
- Shipping Weight: 26 lbs