Same Day Music is an
authorized Gibson dealer
Celebrating 20 years of Gibson Custom Shop's guitar building excellence. The Gibson Custom 20th Anniversary 1965 Firebird VII Reissue guitar brings together all the beloved features of the iconic Firebird with the added touch of a distinct finish, gold hardware, and 20th Anniversary medallion covering the rear control access cover. Right from the start, 20 years ago, Gibson Custom has strived for excellence and today they are producing some of the finest guitars available. This 1965 Firebird VII Reissue is no exception!
Gibson Custom employs the labor-intensive nine-ply mahogany and walnut neck-through design, solid mahogany body wings, three Mini-Humbuckers, banjo tuners on a stylish reversed-six-in-line headstock, Maestro vibrato, and of course the accurate reverse-body styling conceived by legendary Duesenberg car designer Ray Dietrich. In addition, the 20th Anniversary 1965 Firebird VII Reissue will be among the last Gibson guitars to be made with an ebony fingerboard. All in all, it's a gorgeous tribute to Gibson Custom.
Body and Neck
Like the original 1965 Firebird, the 20th Anniversary Firebird VII Reissue is based on the complicated neck-through design that includes a multi-ply mahogany and walnut neck and body-center section with solid mahogany wings for superb resonance and sustain. The iconic reverse-bodied styling was named for its approximation of a more conventional offset double-cutaway guitar flipped front to back.
The neck is carved in a period-correct Firebird profile. A genuine ebony fingerboard carries 22 medium-jumbo frets and traditional pearl block inlays, and is topped with a nylon 6/6 nut cut on Gibson Custom's PLEK.
The 20th Anniversary 1965 Firebird VII Reissue carries three of Gibson's new breed of re-engineered Firebird Mini Humbucking pickups for superb tonal power and versatility. Loaded with ceramic magnets and wound with 44 AWG wire in the neck position and 45 AWG wire in the hotter bridge position, these dual-blade humbuckers achieve classic Firebird tone with added punch and clarity. They're wired in the traditional manner through a three-way toggle switch, with two volume and two tone controls.
The Gibson Custom 20th Anniversary 1965 Firebird VII Reissue comes equipped with an ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge, a Maestro vibrola with long cover, and a set of period-correct banjo tuners, which were originally included in the design to avoid spoiling the radical profile of the Firebird headstock. The guitar features a period-correct black truss-rod cover with gold Gibson logo, gold Top Hat knobs with gold inserts, and three-ply white pickguard with red Firebird graphic.
Case and Extras
In addition to its Custom Shop case, owner's manual, and adjustment literature, each 20th Anniversary 1965 Firebird VII Reissue comes with a framed, handmade, one-of-a-kind Custom Shop 20th Anniversary Limited Edition Certificate of Authenticity, along with a custom-fitted dust cover with retro 1993 Custom Shop logo, a pair of white gloves (for careful handling), and a stamped brass '20th Anniversary' rear control cavity cover (with a spare standard plastic cover in the case).
- Neck-thru Mahogany body with stunning Golden Mist Poly finish
- Multi-piece Mahogany neck with period-correct Firebird profile
- Three Firebird Mini Humbuckers in the neck, middle and bridge positions
- Gold-plated ABR-1 Tune-o-matic bridge and Maestro vibrola
- Period-correct banjo tuners with 12:1 tuning ratio
- One-of-a-kind, hand-made, framed Certificate of Authenticity
- Only 100 will be available worldwide
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Wood: Mahogany Body Wings
- Body Type: Firebird
- Adhesive: Franklin TitebondNeck:
- Wood: 9-ply Mahogany/Walnut Neck-Through w/Maple spline
- Profile: Period-correct Firebird
- Truss Rod: Historic Truss Rod Assembly (No Tubing)
- Joint Angle: 5 degrees (+/- 15 seconds)
- Adhesive: Franklin TitebondFingerboard:
- Wood: Ebony
- Radius: 12 inches
- Binding: .062 White
- Inlays: Pearl Custom Blocks
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.687/2.062 inches
- Other: Reissue Fret Wire/Black Side DotsNut:
- Material: Nylon
- Width: 1.687
- Slots: Gibson PLEK SystemHeadstock:
- Type: Reverse Firebird
- Truss Rod Cover: Firebird
- Angle: 17 DegreesTuners:
- Model: Banjo-Style
- Tuning Ratio: 12:01
- Plating: GoldBridge:
- Type: ABR-1
- Plating: GoldTailpiece:
- Type: Maestro Vibrato
- Plating: GoldHardware:
- Knobs: Gold Top Hat with Gold Inserts and Dial Pointers
- Pickguard: White with Hot Stamped Red Firebird
- Toggle Switch Washer: Knurled Nut
- Pickup Mounting Rings: Gold
- Control Plate Cover: Black
- Strap Buttons: Brass Gibson End Pins
- Pickups: Three Mini-Humbuckers (Ceramic)Electronics:
- Potentiometers: 2 Volume Controls, 2 Tone Controls
- Toggle Switch: Switchcraft Axial Three-Way with Cream Toggle Cap
- Output Jack: Traditional 1/4 inch
- Finish: Nitrocellulose LacquerCase:
- Type: Firebird Hardshell
- Interior: Maroon Fur
- Exterior: Black Pleather
- Accessories: Certificate of Authenticity
- Additional Materials: Each comes with a handmade, one-of-a-kind Custom Shop 20th Anniversary COA which is framed, a set of white gloves, a custom-fitted dust cover (that fits the guitar) with retro 1993 Custom Shop logo, and with a metal engraved 20th Anniversary cover over the volume/tone backplate. An extra, black plastic backplate is included in the guitar case.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Shipping Weight: 34 lbs