Same Day Music is an
authorized Gibson dealer
Throughout Gibson's 120 years of building the world's finest guitars, and more than six decades of the Les Paul in particular, only a relatively few guitars have captured the rare beauty of a prized quilted maple top. Now Gibson USA makes this stunning look readily available to players and collectors alike in the Les Paul Standard Premium Quilt 2014. With all the innovations of the 2014 Standard and a select figured AAA quilted maple top, it's both one of the most beautiful and most versatile guitars available today.
More than just a luscious showpiece (although it certainly is that too!) the Les Paul Standard Premium Quilt 2014 delivers all the unparalleled tone and impeccable playing feel of its ancestors--but it also brings you so much more. An asymmetrical '60s SlimTaper profile and compound-radius rosewood fretboard make this Standard's neck the most sublimely comfortable you've ever felt. Fire it up with BurstBucker Pro 1 and 2 pickups with push/pull coil splitting, phase changing, and pure bypass, with a reverse-polarity bridge pickup for authentic single-coil combinations, and there's no limit to the sonic splendors on tap here.
On top of all that, the Les Paul Standard Premium Quilt 2014 is loaded with Gibson USA's 120th Anniversary features, including larger no-slip strap buttons, a GraphTech nut, long-life proprietary coated guitar strings, cryogenic treated fret wire for longer life and corrosion resistance, undercut frets over neck binding, a full PLEK setup, a 120th Anniversary logo inlay at the 12th fret, and a vintage-brown hardshell case with pink lining.
Body and Neck
The Les Paul Standard Premium Quilt 2014 is crafted in the image of the original Les Paul Standard. It's made from a solid mahogany back with modern weight relief for a lighter strapped-on feel and enhanced resonance, with a carved AAA quilted maple top. It has a glued-in mahogany neck with an asymmetrical '60s SlimTaper profile and compound-radius rosewood fretboard that feels extremely ergonomic. The bound rosewood fingerboard is topped with a GraphTech nut, and carries 22 cryogenic-treated frets for long life and corrosion resistance, with undercut frets over binding for extra playing surface. It's decorated with traditional trapezoid inlays and a commemorative 120th Anniversary inlay at the 12th fret.
Pickups and Electronics
The guitar carries a pair of legendary Gibson humbuckers, a BurstBucker Pro 1 in the neck position and a hotter BurstBucker Pro 2 in the bridge, with a reverse-polarity bridge pickup for authentic single-coil combinations. They have independent volume controls with push-pull coil splitting, augmented by push-pull phase reverse and pure-bypass switching.
A chrome TonePros locking Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece anchor it all down for outstanding resonance and sustain, with high-quality Grover locking tuners. Enlarged strap buttons keep your guitar secure throughout the set. Vintage-cream binding and pickup rings with gold speed knobs provide a visual link to the Les Pauls of the '50s.
Case and Coverage
The Les Paul Standard Premium Quilt 2014 comes protected in a vintage-brown Gibson hardshell case with pink lining, includes a truss-rod wrench and owner's manual, and is backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty and Gibson's 24/7/365 Customer Service.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Top: AAA Premium Quilt (Book Matched)
- Back: Mahogany
- Binding: Cream
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50Neck
- Species: Mahogany
- Profile: Asymetrical (.800 at 1st- .875 at 12th)
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Joint Angle: 5* (+/- 15 seconds)
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50Neck Fit
- Joint: Mortise & Tenon
- Adhesive: Franklin Titebond 50
- Joint Angle Tolerance: +/- .005"Fingerboard
- Species: Rosewood
- Frets: Cryogenically Tempered, 22
- Radius: 12"
- Nut/E.O.B: 1.695/2.260
- Inlays: Figured Acrylic Trapezoid with 120th BannerNut
- Material: White TekToid
- Width: 1.695
- Slots: Gibson PLEK SystemHeadstock
- Logo: Mother of Pearl "Gibson" & Gold Silkscreen "Les Paul Model"
- Truss Rod Cover: B/W Bell Hot Stamp White "Standard"Tuners
- Model: Locking Grover Keystone
- Plating: Chrome
- Tuning Ratio: 18:1Bridge
- Type: TonePros Locking Tune-o-Matic
- Plating: ChromeTailpiece
- Type: TonePros Locking Stop Bar
- Plating: ChromeHardware
- Knobs: Gold Speed Knobs
- Control Plate: Black, Signed By Employee Who Book Matched the Premium - Quilted Top
- Trim Rings: Cream
- Strings: .009 - .046, Genuine Gibson strings
- Strap Buttons: AluminumPickups
- Neck Position: Rhythm BurstBucker Pro (Alnico #5)
- Bridge Position: Lead BurstBucker Pro (Alnico #5)Electronics
- Potentiometers: 2 Push/Pull Volume Controls (Coil Splitting), 2 Push/Pull Tone Controls (Rhythm - Phase Shift, Lead - Bypass)
- Type: 500K Non-Linear
- Toggle Switch: Three-way Toggle with Cream Plastic Tip
- Output Jack: 1/4" monoFinish
- Sealer: Nitrocellulose
- Process: 1-1.5 milsCase
- Type: Hard Shell
- Exterior: Historic Brown w/Gibson Logo
- Interior: Plush
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Heritage Cherry Sunburst
- Shipping Weight: 21 lbs
- Ocean Water Perimeter
- Shipping Weight: 20 lbs