Same Day Music is an
authorized Gibson dealer
Raising the Standards. When the double-cutaway Gibson SG was unveiled as the (temporary) replacement for the original single-cutaway Les Paul in 1961 it quickly proved itself far more than just a stand-in. An overnight success, this innovative guitar quickly became a favorite with rock, blues, and jazz players and more.
The flagship of the SG range, the SG Standard 2017 T represents a superb blend of historic looks and tone and contemporary versatility and playability. Its iconic asymmetrical double-horned body styling and smaller 'teardrop' pickguard harken back to the originals of the early '60s, and the Classic '57 and '57 + humbuckers likewise take you straight back to those hallowed PAF tones. When uncompromising performance matters, locking Grover kidney-button tuners, a slim taper neck, rosewood fingerboard with rolled binding, and our finest modern aluminum Tune-o-Matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece with elegant chrome plating provide a sylish and modern SG playing experience. The SG Standard 2017 T is delivered in a classic Gibson hardshell case with a Gibson premium leather strap.
- Aluminum Tune-o-Matic bridge with steel thumbweels
- Aluminum Stop Bar with steel post
- Pickups perfectly matched to the spirit of their historic models and classic Gibson controls
- Rolled binding over the frets
- Polished 0.55 frets on top of our original 1.695# neck width and original Gibson Les Paul heel
- Hand-selected and book matched solid maple top with historic flame grades
- Historic plastics, knobs, hardware, truss rod cover and acrylic inlays
- Historic Switchcraft toggle switch and multi-contact gold-plated jack
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of