Same Day Music is an
authorized Galaxy Audio dealer
While the PA6S has been redesigned from the ground up, Galaxy has kept the basics. The outer shell has kept the distinctive shape of the original Hot Spot, but with a 21st Century look. The cabinet now uses two specially designed speaker components, the 155 watt Neolite 6.5 inch Woofer and the highly efficient 1.5 inch 60 watt Tweeter.
- The PA6S includes the convenient mic stand insert on the bottom of the unit. This allows a quick setup on top of a mic stand, with the PA6S angled upward for accurate vocal monitoring.
- The included mic stand adaptor insures a more stable and secure placement on any mic stand.
- Molded-in yoke bracket points. With the optional yoke bracket assembly the PA6S can be mounted to a wall or ceiling, or attached to a mic stand and angled in any direction.
- Microphone boom mount on top of the PA6S eliminates the need for a second mic stand for your microphone. (Requires optional hardware).
- Integrated handle into the top of the enclosure.
- Built in Compressor/Limiter prevents output distortion.
- -20dB pad switches on each XLR input allow high-level signals without distortion.
- 3 band EQ (High, Mid, Low) to adjust the sound to what you want to hear.
- Pass through on each channel acts as a built in splitter to send signals to a mixer snake or another PA6S.
- Two way speaker system: 6.5 inch neodymium high power woofer and 1.5 inch high efficiency Neolite tweeter allows for wider frequency response.
- 170 watt Class D amplifier.
- Lighter weight: Innovative speaker and amplifier designs actually allowed them to reduce the weight of the PA6S from its predecessors, while improving the performance.
The PA6S takes full advantage of recent improvements in speaker and amplifier technology, making it the lightest, most powerful, and best sounding compact PA system Galaxy has ever offered. Features such as the XLR pass-through on each channel allow independent control of mics without affecting the signal sent to the house PA. A -20dB Pad switch on each XLR input ensures that even the hottest signals will be accepted without overdriving the inputs. An additional 1/8 inch Line input on Channel 2 will accept stereo or mono signals from sources such as tape or digital medial players as well as line level instruments.
The two-way speaker system gives the PA6S a much wider frequency response than earlier models. This means that full range music, such as keyboards or backing tracks, will come through with solid bass and crisp highs. This enhanced frequency response makes the PA6S a great stand-alone PA system for small club gigs as well as lectures and A/V presentations. Plus a simple adjustment of the 3-band EQ can alter the response for singers who love the time-honored accentuated midrange of the classic Hot Spot vocal monitor. The PA6S gives you the best of both worlds.
The PA6S has a built in 170 watt amplifier designed to handle the most demanding audio situations. This high tech Class D amplifier produces plenty of power to cover a wide variety of applications. This design allows the PA6S to function both as a stand-alone PA system and as a high-powered vocal monitor to cut through loud stage volumes. For larger gigs that require more coverage, you may simply patch from the Preamp Output to the main house PA, while using the PA6S as your onstage monitor.
The PA6S also features a built in 18dB Compressor/Limiter circuit with Compressor and Clip LEDs. The Compressor acts to smooth out transient peaks in the signals, thus improving overall sound quality and increasing apparent volume. The Limiter helps protect the woofer and tweeter from being damaged by amplifier distortion. The Clip LED indicates when a reduction in volume is recommended.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Woofer: One Galaxy Audio SW6.5 ferro fluid cooled 6.5 inch Neolite Neodymium Woofer
- Tweeter: One ST1.5 fluid cooled 1.5 inch Neolite Neodymium Titanium Dome Tweeter
- Nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- Power handling capacity: 155 wattsEnclosure:
- Enclosure Materials: Fire retardant styrene
- Mounting: 1-3/8" (35 mm) pole-mount socket
- Color: Black
- Dimensions: 7.75 x 11.75 x 6.75 inches (197 x 298 x 171 mm)
- Net weight: 6.4 lbs. (2.9 kg)Amplifier Section
- Rated Power: 170 watts @ 4 ohms, 180 watts Dymamic Power
- Equalization: Three band center detent
-- Lo: +/- 12 dB peak/dip at 200 Hz
-- Mid: +/- 12 dB peak/dip at 2 kHz
-- Hi: +/- 12 dB shelving at 10 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 Watt @ 1 meter): 98 dB (1 kHz octave band)
- Frequency response: 80 Hz-18 kHz
- Maximum SPL @ clip: 118 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <0.5% @ 4 ohms
- Input connections: Two 1/4 inch Balanced/Unbalanced Two XLR 24V Phantom PWR One 1/8 inch Stereo Line In
- Output connections: Two XLR Thru Outputs One 1/4 inch Preamp Output
- Indicator LEDs: Power, Clip & Compressor
- Power Requirements; Domestic: 120 VAC 60Hz
- Export: 230VAC 50Hz
- Safeguards: Short circuit current limiting. Short circuit foldback limiting. Thermal short circuit protection
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Shipping Weight: 9 lbs