Same Day Music is an
authorized iZotope dealer
Find music in everything. Unearth a world of sounds you've never heard before with the iZotope Iris. Driven by iZotope's award-winning visual selection technology, iZotope Iris is a groundbreaking sample-based synthesizer that harnesses the power of both your eyes and your ears. Fuel your creativity with Iris's spin on sound design: a "visual instrument" that's perfect for musical inspiration and sonic experimentation.
What is Iris?
Iris is an innovative sampling re-synthesizer that frees you to create sounds that could never before be produced. Start by dissecting up to three distinctive audio samples, using Iris's spectrogram display and easy selection tools to spotlight the most interesting spectral characteristics. Blend and layer your modified samples, then beef up their impact with a choice of suboscillator waveforms.
Still hungry for more? Add attitude and dimension to your creation by applying iZotope's world-class effects and processors, including chorus, reverb, delay, distortions, and filters.
For the synth enthusiasts out there, never fear! Favorite synth features like amplitude envelopes, LFOs, root note detection and key mapping are all there for advanced musical control, as well as the RadiusRT for real-time pitch-shifting while preserving your sample's timing.
Iris is ideal for anyone seeking a completely fresh take on sampling and synthesis, particularly sound designers and composers working on music and sound for fim, television and video games. With over 500 intensely creative patches available for immediate use, Iris is also perfect for any musician dreaming of diverse and compelling sounds.
If your old sample libraries are looking dusty and tired, revive and rejuvenate the material by bringing it into Iris. Breathe life into every audio file in your collection -- blend the scream of raccoon with a howling wind and your favorite vintage synth pad for a sublime texture. Take the sounds of a swarming bee hive, a rattling conveyor belt, and a sampled cello to create musical ambiences. With Iris, you can find music in everything!
Evolve your sounds rapidly with Iris's diverse and intuitive visual selection tools. By drawing shapes in the Iris spectrogram, you can isolate specific audio frequencies within a sample and play them back immediately on your MIDI keyboard.
- Lasso: for free-hand drawing of any size or shape
- Brush: for more Fluid selections, with a convenient adjustable brush size
- Magic Wand: for selecting whole regions with a similar spectral profile, including upper harmonics
- Many more: with options for selecting by time as well as frequency
Iris makes it fun to experiment and manipulate your selections even further, with additional controls for zooming, rearranging, inverting, looping, reversing, and pitch-shifting.
As you make your spectral selections, energize and customize each sample you've layered (including the Sub waveform) with a dedicated set of synthesizer controls.
- Discover what's inside any sound: Load audio into Iris and explore spectral details that a regular waveform locks away.
- Highlight what intrigues you: Extract and isolate the most interesting sonic components with a full suite of visual selection tools.
- Combine the unthinkable: Layer completely diverse sound sources into totally unique combinations... what do a tattoo needle and a swamp bird and a slot machine sound like together?
- Stay musical: Rely on intelligent root note detection to help shape musical material from noise, ambient textures, soundscapes... even mistakes!
- Enhance and invigorate your sound: Apply world-class iZotope reverbs, distortions and delays, then take advantage of extended synth features like amp envelopes and LFOs.
- Get amazing sounds immediately: Spark your imagination with over 500 patches by world-class sound designers, or design your own with Iris's 4 GB library of diverse sound samples.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of