Same Day Music is an
authorized Korg dealer
The perfect choice for controlling your computer music software - in production or in performance the Korg microKEY is a slim, lightweight, USB powered and compatible with all of your computer music software; use it to create your own compact and customized command center.
- USB MIDI keyboard - thin, lightweight, and USB-powered
- 37 velocity-sensitive mini keys
- Comfortable and easy-to-play Natural Touch keyboard
- Octave Shift and Key Transpose features access the full MIDI note range
- Pitch Bend and Modulation wheels add expression to your performance
- Dual USB ports are ideal for adding Korg's nanoPAD or nanoKONTROL
- (or other USB devices) to your setup
Natural Touch Mini Keyboard
The microKEY features 37 velocity-sensing mini keys, using the same Natural Touch keybed found on the Korg microKORG XL and microSTATION. This keybed has been designed with careful attention to the touch and feel. The proportions of the black keys and white "waterfall" keys have been adjusted for optimal playability, and the key touch makes it easy to play chords, glissandos, and rapid-fire phrases. The microKEY accurately conveys the dynamics of your performance to any software plug in.
Extended Range and Expression
The Octave Shift buttons extend the range of the Korg microKEY by four octaves in either direction - up or down. The Key Transpose allows you to play in any key instantly. Used together, these two features provide access to the entire MIDI note range. For adding tasty expression to your performance, the Korg microKEY is also equipped with both a Pitch Bend wheel and a Modulation wheel.
Your Korg microKEY serves double-duty as a USB hub. The two USB ports (Type A) allow you to expand your custom control center by adding on a Korg nanoPAD or nanoKONTROL - or any other USB device!
Free Editing Software
Download the free "Korg Kontrol Editor" and customize the Korg microKEY for your production or performance system. Using the editor software, you can set the keyboard to respond to one of eight distinct velocity curves, or set a fixed velocity value. In addition, the range of the modulation wheel can be customized by setting minimum and maximum control change values.
*Korg Kontrol Editor can be downloaded from the Support section of the Korg website.
Software License Bundle
The microKEY ships with the following software licenses and discount coupons so you can start making music right away.
- 1. M1 Le (license)
Included is a license for the "M1 Le"*, a limited edition of the M1 software synthesizer (included in the Korg Legacy Collection - Digital Edition) that brings to your computer the sounds of the ground-breaking M1 music workstation. (This software can be downloaded for use.)
- 2. EzDrummer Lite (license)
Included is a license for Toontrack's software drum sound module "EzDrummer Lite"*, giving you numerous high-quality drum sounds. (This software can be downloaded for use.) You'll be able to immediately start enjoying realistic drum sounds played from your microKEY.
- *Please be aware that neither the software manufacturer nor Korg can provide support regarding the use of this software. For details on upgrading the demo software or purchasing the full version, please refer to www.toontrack.com or www.crypton.co.jp/prod/28301.
- 3. Ableton "Live" series (discount coupon included)
Included is a discount coupon* for Ableton's "Live," "Live Suite," and "Live LE" DAW software, widely popular for its sophisticated functionality.
- * For details on this software, please refer to www.ableton.com or www.h-resolution.com.
- 4. Lounge Lizard Session (license)
Included is a license* for "Lounge Lizard Session," the physical modeling sound module from Applied Acoustics Systems, famed for its richly expressive electric piano sounds.
* For details on this software, please refer to www.applied-acoustics.com/loungelizardsession/overview or wwww.applied-acoustics.com/korg-microkey/.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of