Same Day Music is an
authorized Mackie dealer
The Mackie HD1501 is capable of producing 1200 watts of power and it does so in an extremely compact design that's easy to move from gig to gig. Class-D Fast Recovery amplification makes the HD1501 ultra-efficient, effortlessly delivering massive power to the 15 inch driver that's custom-designed to handle the job. Expertly tweaked tuning filters, internal crossovers and protection circuitry are designed by EAW for the ultimate in professional performance. Give your full-range system a much needed hot bass injection with the Mackie HD1501 Powered Subwoofer.
- 1200W of ultra-efficient Class-D Fast Recovery amplification
- 600W RMS / 1200W peak power
- 128 dB SPL max output (peak @ 1m)
- 36 Hz - 145 Hz operating range
- 15 inch high-output woofer with 3 inch voice coil
- Active electronics provide complete system optimization
- Symmetrical Linkwitz-Riley crossover (100Hz, 24dB/octave)
- Precision tuning filters for ultra-accurate bass reproduction
- Phase alignment to perfectly complement Mackie full-range loudspeakers
- Ported, direct-radiating design for maximum punch and low-frequency extension
- Designed and tuned by Eastern Acoustic Works (EAW)
- Dual XLR inputs, full-range and high-pass outputs for mono or stereo setups
- Level control and polarity invert switch with LED indicator
- Signal/limit and thermal LED indicators
- Integrated protection and limiting circuitry
- Rugged all-wood cabinet (15mm birch plywood)
- Pole mount receptacle for mounting full-range speaker
- Compact and lightweight (80 pounds / 36.3 kg)
Portable, Professional PA
Just pair up the HD1501 Powered Subwoofer with any full-range loudspeaker for an extremely portable PA that delivers unmatched clarity and eliminates the need for tons of expensive and heavy outboard gear. The entire system features protective circuitry including peak and RMS limiting, over-excursion and thermal protection to keep those lows pumping at all costs.
Power and Agility
The HD1501 Powered Subwoofer delivers 1200 watts of peak power using Mackie's Class-D Fast Recovery amplification. Class-D amps allow for extremely high-output in a design that is much lighter than traditional amplifiers. Normally, a sub that can push that kind of power is no fun to lug around. Okay, Mackie can't promise a fun load in, but they can say that your subs are now probably lighter than your bassist's rig. It's also really compact, which means you might even be able to carry it all by yourself -- sorry roadies. Plus, the Fast Recovery design allows the amplifier to recover more quickly when pushed into clipping. This means less distortion when things get too loud.
Tweaked and Tuned
Mackie has once again called on the sonic geniuses over at EAW to make the HD1501 the most punchy, chest-pounding subwoofer in its class. The ported, direct-radiating design means super-low frequency extension that is smooth and powerful. EAW also custom specified the 15 inch driver to work in perfect harmony with the amplifier. Some of the other guys claim high wattage, but use limiters to reduce the amount of actual power that hits the speaker. That's like buying a 40-year-old single malt scotch and mixing it with Mountain Dew. Mackie would never do that to you... the woofer is designed to soak up each and every bit of power the amp puts out. Precision phase control and tuning filters make the HD1501 the perfect companion to the HD1521 or SRM450v2, especially when using the high-pass outputs. A finely tuned, phase aligned and undeniably professional PA system is just a couple of patches away.
Ready for Anything
The HD1501 embodies Mackie's Built-Like-A-Tank philosophy and is certifiably road-worthy. First off, the enclosure is built using 15 mm birch. Wood is not only more durable than plastic, but delivers a more natural sound. Mackie covered the HD1501 in durable textured black paint that minimizes the risk of scratching. The grill is equally robust, made using powder coated steel and flush with the enclosure to avoid denting. But Mackie also thought of the install market and you can flip off that trademark Mackie Blue LED on the front if you want the HD1501 to blend seamlessly into the background. Throw in the fact that is one of the most compact subwoofers available and you've got an ultra-professional bass bin that's extremely portable.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of