Same Day Music is an
authorized Mackie dealer
The 16-channel Mackie Onyx 1640i FireWire Recording Mixer combines the benefits of an extremely powerful computer interface with the tactile, hands-on control of a sleek premium analog mixer. Proven, professional features like 16 Onyx mic preamps and classic Perkins EQ provide unmatched sonic performance.
The 1640i allows you to send channels, aux sends, groups or master L/R signals discretely to your Mac or PC for recording. You can even return all 16 channels back to the mixer for a truly professional mixdown. Compatible out of the box with most major DAWs, and qualified for use with Pro Tools(r) M-Powered(tm) 8 via downloadable driver upgrade at Mackie's website.* See Note below.
- 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Qualified by Mackie for use will all major DAWs, including:
-- Ableton(r) Live
-- Final Cut Pro(r)
-- Pro Tools M-Powered 8 (Requires $49.99 USD driver upgrade at www.mackie.com)
- Includes free download of Tracktion software
- 16 Onyx boutique quality microphone preamps
- 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on all channels
- Full 16x16 FireWire channel streaming for ultimate DAW integration
- Flexible FireWire routing including aux sends, groups and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- 6 aux sends with pre/post assignment and solo
- Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
- Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, basses, etc.
- Individual 48 volt phantom power switches on all microphone inputs
- 4-segment metering on every channel
- 4-bus architecture for flexible sub-grouping of channels
- Talkback section for use with internal or external microphone
- Planet-Earth switching power supply for worldwide use
- Rotating I/O pod for desktop or rackmount operation - rack ears included
Recording and Mixing
Send all channels, aux sends or the master L/R straight to your computer for recording. Pre/post EQ taps on every channel allow you to integrate the renowned Perkins EQ into the record path. Plus, returns from your DAW are assignable to the control room section or straight back into a channel for mix integration.
Powerful Effects Engine
With all aux sends routable to your DAW, Onyx-i allows you to use your favorite plug-in as a realtime effect. Just route an aux send to your DAW, apply the plug-in and assign your DAW outputs to the control room or to a channel strip for instant integration into the mix.
Live sound recording could not be simpler with Onyx-i. The ability to record individual channels either wet or dry allows for studio quality multitrack recordings for later editing and mixdown. Or simply record the main mix, allowing for immediate creation of CDs right at the gig.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of