Same Day Music is an
authorized Martin dealer
The Martin CEO-6 Acoustic Guitar is based on the early "Sloped Shoulder" Dreadnought design originated by Martin in the 1930s, the 14-fret "CEO's Choice" model features a solid Adirondack spruce top with East Indian rosewood back and sides for complex tonality. Above all, the CEO-6 is a player's guitar, to be enjoyed acoustically.
The Sixth in a Series of CEO Specified Features
Tradition. Ingenuity. Tone. Quality. It's still all in the family at Martin. Each generation of the Martin family has made a lasting contribution to the quality and innovativeness of Martin guitars. And Chris Martin, the sixth generation Martin to head the company, is no exception.
From the outset, Chris has embraced modern technology and its application to guitar making, including computer assisted carving machines, hybrid bracing systems, high-tech finishes, alternative materials, sustainable "smart wood" sources and the like.
At the same time, Chris has been a fierce guardian of the Martin heritage, blending traditional building methods with the new technology to make guitars of extraordinary tone, beauty, finesse, responsiveness and stability.
The new Martin CEO-6 Special Edition is the latest example of his ingenuity. Based on the early "Sloped Shoulder" Dreadnought design originated by Martin in the 1930s, the 14-fret CEO-6 features a solid wood Red Spruce "Adirondack" top (just like original design) joined to a body of premium, bookmatched solid East Indian rosewood.
The slope shoulder body size, or "S" (for "special" as the more elongated body was later referred to), was considered to be one of the best sounding Martins by C. F. Martin III, Chris's grandfather and mentor.
But Chris Martin has added his own special tonal features to the CEO-6, including Modified Hybrid A-frame top bracing developed under his direction. It, too, is renowned for its exceptional tonal capabilities, with a big, yet highly articulate voice.
Above all, the CEO-6 is a player's guitar with Martin's unique Performing Artist neck profile for faster and easier playing in all positions. It also has wider, more comfortable string spacing on the 1930 style belly bridge. Bone nut and bridge pins, and a Tusq compensated long saddle add resonance and sustain. Played fully acoustic or plugged into its Fishman F1 Aura(tm) on-board electronics, the CEO-6 delivers all the classic Martin tone, subtlety - and volume - you want.
This is an especially beautiful guitar, available in a highly polished lacquer natural finish as standard or in a spectacular "tear drop" sunburst finish at no extra charge. The top is elegantly bound in vintage grained ivoroid and has a faux tortoise beveled and polished pickguard. Fingerboard and bridge are richlite. Gold Grover tuners with large buttons complete the perfect aesthetic mix.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Model: CEO-6
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret (Slope Shoulder)
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Single Ring
- Top Bracing Pattern: Modified Hybrid ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Style 45 - Golden Era
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: White Boltaron
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Fiber
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: Black/White Fiber
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Black Ebony
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: select black ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Style 28
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: select black ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Grover 102G Gold Enclosed w/ Large Buttons
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Bone w/ Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 540CM Geib stlyle
- Interior Label: Signed by CFM IV
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura +
- Other Options: Available left-handed at no additional charge
- Other Comments: All prices & specifications are subject to change without notice.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Shipping Weight: 25 lbs