Same Day Music is an
authorized Clavia Nord dealer
The Nord Electro 4SW 73-Key Semi-Weighted Keyboard offers outstanding features from award winning Electro 3 series, adding the acclaimed Nord C2D tone wheel engine and 122 Rotary Speaker simulation, USB MIDI, 2X Memory for Nord Sound Libraries and more. The Electro 4 SW73 is a high-performance, lightweight synthesizer with the power and precision to perform on stage and in the studio. The keyboard includes the User Manual, power cord and Nord Piano and Sample Library DVDs.
SW: Semi-Weighted Organ-Type Keybed
Nord's "SW" keybed type uses semi-weighted organ-type keys with a rounded "waterfall" tip. This Fatar keybed is brilliant for rapid organ shredding and synthesizer licks, but also plays nice with piano sounds. On the 73-key Electro 4 SW, the key range is F to F.
The Nord Electro 4 features the B3 tone wheel organ engine from their flagship organ Nord C2D and includes a redesigned Key Click simulation as well as the Rotary Speaker simulation of a vintage 122 unit with a great overdrive. The percussion model has been improved to offer increased control over the percussion levels when playing near-legato. Naturally, the vibrato and chorus scanners have been carefully modeled to be just as alive as the tone wheels.
The Farfisa and Vox models are just as impressive as the B3, simulating the behavior and unique response of the original instruments. The Farfisa Compact Deluxe, considered by many to be the mother of transistor organs, involves routing matrixes and complex filter combinations that offer a tailored sound with massive energy and high-end.
The Vox Continental's brute design brings you a more hollow tone, but with a very intense character. Both these transistor organs have their own unique, irreplaceable personalities. Combine them with any of the Amp simulations, add some distortion, adjust the EQ and they will definitely get you through any organ gig with flying colors.
The Nord Electro 4 comes loaded with a selection of amazing sounds from the Nord Piano Library -- their specialized library for Grand, Upright and Electrical Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichords.
All the sounds have been recorded using their state-of-the-art sampling techniques to capture the extraordinary nuances and unique characters of the source instruments and covers everything from brilliant, factory Grand Pianos to detuned upright bar pianos with tons of charm.
The entire Nord Piano Library is included on DVDs and additions can be downloaded free on the Nord Piano Library page. Replacing the sounds is simply a matter of dragging and dropping files in the Nord Sound Manager for Mac and Windows.
The Long Release feature is suitable for legato playing styles and the String Resonance (Gen 1) feature on Grand and Upright Pianos can be turned off when desired.
Nord Electro 4 SW73 features 380 MB of memory for the Nord Piano Library. Nord Electro 4 SW73 also features 4 Dynamic Response Curves for customizing the keyboard response to your playing style.
Nord Sample Library and Sample Editor
The Nord Electro 4 series support the Nord Sample Library, giving you access to their exclusively licensed Mellotron and Chamberlin sounds and a wide selection of quality sounds from leading sample producers. See the Nord Sample Library section to learn more and listen to the more than 1000 the sounds currently available!
- Nord C2D B3 tone wheel simulation
- Improved Key Click and Percussion
- 122 Rotary Speaker simulation
- Vox and Farfisa organ simulations
- Nord Piano Library compatible
- String Resonance (Gen 1)
- Long Release
- Nord Sample Library compatible
- Powerful Effect section
- 4 Live Locations/Program Banks
- Extended Control Pedal Support
- USB MIDI
- 2X Memory for Nord Sound Libraries
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
Piano and Sample Library Section:
- 380 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- 128 MB memory dedicated to the Nord Sample Library
- The Piano Section has 5 categories - Grand, Upright, EPiano 1 (tine), Epiano 2 (reed) & Clav/Harpsichord. Each category can contain several different models
- All pianos and samples can be replaced using the Nord Sound Manager application
- String Resonance-control (Gen 1)
- Long Release
- The Sample Library section can contain up to 50 samples from the Nord Sample Library
- Stereo pianos and samples can be played back in mono
- 40-60 Voices polyphony for Piano Library sounds. 15 Voices for Sample Library soundsOrgan Section:
- Three classic organ models: B3, Vox Continental, and Farfisa with full polyphony
- B3 Tone Wheel Organ engine from Nord C2D Combo Organ
- Two complete organ registrations for every program
- Percussion with 2nd, 3rd, normal/soft, fast/slow for the B3 model
- User adjustable percussion levels, percussion decays and key click level
- Vibrato / Chorus Control with separate functionality for each model (the classic C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 options for the B3, Vibrato for the Farfisa)
- 4 Tonewheel modes: select the level of "vintage" desired
- MIDI Split: By connecting an extra MIDI keyboard the Nord Electro 4 can be used as a dual manual (Lower/Upper) organ with different drawbar settings for each manual
- Nord Electro 4 SW73/HP: Digital LED drawbarsEffects Section:
- Effect 1: pan, tremolo, auto-wah, pedal-wah and ring modulator
- Three selectable depths for the pan and tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Control pedal assigned to pedal-wah and ring modulator depth
- Effect 2: phaser, flanger and chorus
- Three selectable depths, rate controlled with the Effect 2 Rate knob
- Comp/Amp: three amp/speaker simulations, compressor and rotary speaker
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Rotary speed controls: Slow, Fast and Stopped
- Close or Normal microphone placement for 122 Rotary Speaker simulation
- User adjustable rotary treble and bass rotor speeds and acceleration rates
- Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation
- Delay Effect : Rate, Amount, Tap-tempo and Stereo Ping Pong
- Reverb with five algorithms: Room, Stage Soft, Stage, Hall, Hall Soft
- Dry/Wet controlConnections:
- 2 Audio outputs L & R: 1/4", 6,35 mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input: 1/8", 3,5 mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output: 1/4", 6,35 mm stereo jack
- 1 Control pedal input: 1/4", 6,35 mm TRS stereo jack, like Yamaha FC7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 and Korg XVP10
- 1 Sustain pedal input: 1/4", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc
- 1 Rotary Speaker speed switch pedal input: 1/4", 6,35 mm jack. Use a momentary pedal or a switch type pedal
- MIDI In, MIDI Out: 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector: for transferring sounds and USB MIDIDimensions:
44.1" x 3.9" x 11.8"Weight:
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Shipping Weight: 28 lbs