Same Day Music is an
authorized Novation dealer
The Novation 25SL Mk II has been designed to equip the modern DAW user with every dimension of hardware control, enabling a hands-on approach to navigating software, mixing and controlling plug-ins. It represents extraordinary value as a controller, integrating a DAW control surface with a quality semi-weighted keyboard (with after-touch) and the most intuitive plug-in mapping capabilities available - presided over by Automap 3 PRO; unquestionably the most advanced control software on the market.
The Novation Standard
The 25SL Mk II upholds Novation's reputation for building quality hardware (like the 25SL Mk I, they will also appeal to performers who need a well-constructed keyboard on stage). Quality is not just reflected in their robustness, but more importantly in the way the 25SL Mk II has been designed with every detail calculated to maximise workflow. The 25SL Mk II's visually feeds back all controller information to the user with back lit buttons and encoder LED rings.
Never lose your place with the 25SL Mk II
The difficulty with other control surfaces is knowing what is assigned to what. The 25SL Mk II has a giant 144-character ultra-bright LCD screen that displays all the parameter names and values for the currently selected row of controllers. All 8 faders and 16 knobs are touch sensitive, so the moment one is touched, the display shows the names and values on that row and puts brackets around the controller that is currently being touched. This enables the user to see which parameter is assigned to the controller without having to change the value, or refer to their software. The 25SL Mk II also has a dedicated 'Speed Dial' knob, which can be used to change the value of any parameter the cursor is positioned over without making any assignments whatsoever.
The 8 continuous rotary encoders on the Novation 25SL Mk II have 11 segment LED rings around each of them, allowing encoders to behave like pots so the user can see the value before moving them. All the buttons have LEDs underneath them so users can instantly see their status without having to press them. There are 8 soft-feel drum pads, a pitch/modulation wheel and an X/Y Xpression touchpad which (along with footswitch and sustain pedal inputs), are all fully assignable to any parameter with the Automap software.
The Novation 25SL Mk II is buss-powered
The Novation 25SL Mk II has been designed to draw minimum current so it can be used as a USB buss-powered device, and an optional 9V DC power supply can be added for stand-alone use. As well as USB interfacing, the 25SL Mk II has 1 MIDI in, 1 MIDI thru and 2 MIDI outs.
Automap included with the 25SL Mk II
The power behind the Novation 25SL Mk II's unique ability to map controllers at the touch of a button, is contained within the included Automap software. Automap 3 PRO enables users to map controllers with incredible speed and ease - no more digging through MIDI continuous controller numbers, the Automap server takes care of it all. Automap's GUI gives the user a visual representation of all the current mappings on screen, as well as the ability to save and manage mappings across different projects. There is also an option to only bring up the GUI when a controller on the 25SL Mk II has been touched!
The Novation 25SL Mk II: A high quality professional keyboard
The Novation 25SL Mk II uses the same velocity-sensitive, semi-weighted action keyboard from Fatar that the orininal SL does, with assignable after-touch. Novation deliver the feeling of playing an instrument, rather than just a computer peripheral.
Upgraded in the Novation 25SL Mk II:
- Mk II ships with Automap 3 PRO
- All dials and faders are now touch-sensitive
- All 25SL Mk II's buttons are illuminated
- Mk II features a single LED screen (as it now features the Automap Heads-up GUI)
- 25SL MK II's top row of dials have 11-LED rings for instant feedback
- Top row of encoders are now smooth, rather than detented.
- 25SL Mk II's transport control buttons can also be used as fully assignable buttons.
- The 25SL Mk II features 'soft-feel' drum pads.
- No longer features batteries
Note: The 25SL Mk II uses the original ReMOTE SL keyboard
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- 8 Encoders (Infinite Rotation) with touch-sensitivity and 11 segment Led rings
- 8 Pots (270 Rotation) with touch-sensitivity
- 8 Sliders with touch-sensitivity
- 32 Buttons with integrated LEDs (37 in MIDI mode]
- 8 soft feel Trigger pads
- Xpression Pad (as on existing SL)
- Xpression Stick (as on existing SL)
- Touch sensitive Speed Dial (as on Nocturn)
- General Automap Operation Buttons (Learn, View, Browser Groups etc.)
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicator
The central system buttons from the SL have been simplified; there is now:
- 1 Automap button with LED to toggle Automap mode on and off (this replaces the PLAY button) - this way, manual MIDI mode is separate from Automap mode and can be avoided completely if preferred
- Template and Edit modes have been combined into one edit mode, for editing both individual controls and overall settings within one TemplateConnectivity
Rear Panel connections are as follows:
- Data Port: 1 x USB (Win XP/Vista and Mac OSX - Not Class Compliant
- MIDI: MIDI ONE: IN, OUT and Thru, MIDI TWO: OUT
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Expression pedal: 1 x 1/4 Jack Input
- Power switch: Ext DC/USBMinimum Operational Requirements (taken from Nocturn):
Mac OSX 10.4.0 or greater (Leopard also supported) or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or greater (Vista 32/64 also supported)
Minimum Computer spec: Mac - G4/1GHz, both with 256MB RAM or PC - Pentium 3/1GHz/256MB RAM (machines running Vista will require a higher spec)
- Size (25 key): W=468mm, H=68mm, D=293mm
- Size (49 key): W=803mm, H=68mm, D=293mm
- Size (61 key): W=965mm, H=68mm, D=293mm
- 25SL net weight: 3.3kg /unit
- 49SL net weight: 5.2kg/unit
- 61SL net weight: 6.1kg / unitPower Supply:
USB Cable (Included) or AC Adaptor (Not Included - only required if using without computer)
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 11 lbs