Same Day Music is an
authorized Peavey dealer
Some amplifiers are destined for glory. That's where the Peavey 3120 fits into guitar history. Following the path of destruction left by amplifiers like the Peavey 6505, the 3120 is poised to redefine metal guitar tone with its unique character and onslaught of extreme high gain, 120 watts of power and three fully independent channels of all tube tone.
Built for players who want the most intense tone shaping possible, the 3120 is a total control freak. The amp's versatile Lead and Rhythm channels feature gain and volume controls plus an active three-band EQ, while the Clean channel offers nicely rounded tones crafted by a passive three band EQ and volume control. A global master volume governs the amount of power put out by its four EL34 or 6L6GC power-amp tubes -- the amp ships with EL34s but can use either -- while the gain controls on the Lead and Rhythm channels adjust the amount of 12AX7 gain saturation.
The 3120 rear panel hosts a unique Peavey custom tone control feature: a three-setting damping switch that alters speaker resonance to create tight, medium and loose response, from a precise punch for rhythmic attack to a full, widely resonant sound. Also on the rear panel is a footswitchable effects loop with dedicated send and return controls and a line out with level control.
- Four EL34s and four 12AX7s
- Power amp switchable to use EL34s or 6L6GCs (ships with EL34s)
- Three footswitchable channels
- Clean channel: volume, bass, mid, treble
- Rhythm channel: gain, volume, bass, mid, treble
- Footswitch included
- Lead channel: gain, volume, bass, mid, treble
- Master volume
- Footswitchable effects loop with send and return controls
- Damping switch: tight, medium, loose
- Line out with level control
- 120 watts into 16, 8, or 4 ohms (switchable)
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of