Peavey IPR2 5000 DSP Power Amplifier Product Description
Same Day Music is an
authorized Peavey dealer
Peavey's IPR2 power amplifier, is designed for years of reliable, flawless operation under rigorous use. The groundbreaking IPR2 series utilizes an advanced design that allows Peavey engineers to dramatically reduce weight while increasing output power, reliability and thermal efficiency. IPR2 Series amplifiers are designed with a resonant switch-mode power supply and a high-speed class D topology that yields the highest audio resolution and efficiency available.
This revolutionary amplifier offers the sonic superiority and unsurpassed reliability for which Peavey is famous, in an extremely efficient and lightweight design. Advanced technology and extensive protection circuitry allow operation with greater efficiency into difficult loads and power conditions. The DDT (Distortion Detection Technique) circuitry ensures trouble-free operation into loads as low as 2 ohms. DDT protects drivers and ensures that sonic integrity is maintained, even in extreme overload conditions. The IPR2's high-efficiency design allows the amplifier to operate at very low temperatures, and does not require massive heat sinks to cool.
As the name implies, the IPR2 5000 and 7500 DSP all include advanced digital signal processing. The DSP was designed to be incredibly effective, yet extremely easy to use. Using unique and revolutionary advanced bass enhancement processes, the IPR2 DSP amplifiers dramatically improve the perceived level of bass in any system, using a fraction of the power that would be required with any other power amplifier.
- Detented input controls
- Combination XLR 1/4" inputs
- Combination 1/4" or 1/4" 4 pole twist lock output connector
- Light weight
- Individual signal pass-thru 1/4" jacks on each channel
- LED illuminated
- DSP-based Loudspeaker Management System
- 120 ms of delay per channel
- Security lock
- Adjustable fourth-order Linkwitz-Riley Crossover
- Adjustable fourth-order high-pass filter each channel
- Setup wizard
- MAXX Bass
- Horn EQ each channel
- Blue, backlit LCD screen
- Revolutionary IPR class D topology
- DDT protection
- 4 bands of parametric equalization per channel
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
Peavey IPR2 5000 DSP Power Amplifier Technical Description
RMS Power Ratings:- 2525W RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 1510W RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 890W RMS x 2 at 8 ohms
- 2900W RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 1780W RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 975W RMS x 1 at 8 ohms
- Minimum Load Impedance: 2 ohms
- Maximum RMS Voltage Swing: 105 volts
- Frequency Response:
- 20Hz - 22kHz; +/- 0.5dB at 1 watt.
- 20Hz - 20kHz 2ch x 2 ohms: <0.5% @ 2250 watts 20Hz to 4kHz, decreasing to 1640 watts @ 20kHz, both channels driven.
- 20Hz - 20kHz 2ch x 4 ohms: <0.15% @ 1400 watts 20Hz to 10kHz, decreasing to 1350 watts @ 20kHz, both channels driven.
- 20Hz - 20kHz 2ch x 8 ohms: <0.15% @ 860 watts 20Hz to 4kHz, increasing to 1000 watts @ 20kHz, both channels driven.
- Input CMRR: > - 75dB @ 1 kHz.
- Voltage Gain: x 70 (+37dB)
- Crosstalk: -60dB @ 1kHz @ 700 watts power @ 8 ohms.
- Hum and Noise: > -96dB, "A" weighted referenced to rated power @ 4 ohms.
- Slew Rate: > 12V/s
- Damping Factor (8 ohms): > 210:1 @ 20Hz - 1kHz @ 8 ohms
- Input Sensitivity: 1.094 volts +/- 3% for 1 kHz 4 ohm rated power, 1.025 volts +/- 3% for 1 kHz 2 ohm rated power.
- Input Impedance: 12 kilohms, balanced and 6 kilohms unbalanced.
- Current Draw @ 1/8 in VA (watts): 1435 (890) @ 2 ohms, 920 (525) @ 4 ohms, 625 (335) @ 8 ohms
- Current Draw @ 1/3 in VA (watts): 3050 (2155) @ 2 ohms, 1880 (1200) @ 4 ohms, 1200 (715) @ 8 ohms
- Idle Consumption: 195VA, 90 watts.
- Cooling: 3 temperature dependent variable speed fans.
- Controls: 2 front panel attenuators, crossover select switch for HPF, Normal and LPF
- Indicator LEDs: Five LED indicators per channel: Active, Signal, DDT, Temperature and DC
- Protection: Thermal, DC, subsonic, incorrect loads, under and over voltage
- Inputs: Dual combination 1/4" XLR
- Outputs: Dual male XLR input thru, one 2-pin & one 4 pin twist-lock connector
- Construction: 0.062" thick aluminum
- Dimensions: 3.5"x19"x 17" behind front panel + 0.6" for handle
- Net Weight: 6.2 kg (13.6 lbs.)
- Gross Weight: 7.9 kg (17.4 lbs.)
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of