Same Day Music is an
authorized PreSonus dealer
Whether you are a disillusioned analog fan looking to convert to the dark side or an already digital savvy engineer looking for an upgraded mixer, Presonus has given you plenty of reasons to consider the StudioLive 24.4.2 24-Channel Digital Mixer with FireWire interface.
The 24.4.2 is a premier digital mixer/recorder suited for live performances and studio sessions. It features 24 class-A XMAX mic preamps on 24 channel strips, an enhanced gate with Key Listen and Key Filter, a threshold control on the limiter, fully-parametric EQ on all 24 inputs, four dual-mono 31-band graphic EQs assignable to any of 4 subgroups, 10 auxiliary buses, two programmable, 32-bit, stereo DSP effects engines, and more. As well, the 24.4.2 includes a simple FireWire connection that allows you to attach the mixer directly to a computer or laptop for easy audio transfer.
The advantages of going digital are clear. The advanced Fat Channel digital signal processing featured on the 24.4.2 allows each channel input and most of the outputs to have its own compressor, limiter, gate, 4-band parametric EQ, and high-pass filter without physically extending the board to an intrusive size in order to accommodate all the knobs, switches, and buttons an analog mixer would need to achieve the same effects. Further, StudioLive incorporates a simple save function to make storing and recalling every meticulously forged mixture quick and painless. For auditoriums, churches, clubs, and other recurring gigs, the value of having easy to find and implement presets cannot be overstated.
Live recording, similarly, is quite easy with the PreSonus StudioLive, simply attach the 24.4.2 to any laptop or computer that is capable of supporting a 6-pin FireWire connection. Then using any DAW program or the included Capture(tm) recording software, you can multitrack your live performance, either pre- or post-Fat Channel signal processing. If you need more than 24 channels for recording, and you don't need a full channel strip for the additional inputs, plug in your PreSonus FireStudio Project, FireStudio Tube, or FireStudio Mobile interface through the FireWire port. The StudioLive 24.4.2 can also playback on up to 26 channels from your computer.
The FireWire port is good for more than just recording and playback, however; it allows you to daisy chain multiple 24.4.2's together should you happen to need more than 24 channels of mixing for larger more complex shows. With all this FireWire capability built in, it's no wonder the StudioLive makes such a fantastic analog-style front-end for your project studio.
However, perhaps the most intriguing feature of the 24.4.2's digital computer interface is not its playback/recording/mixing abilities but the remote control capability presented by the Virtual StudioLive(tm) software. This amazing program lets you remotely set all your Fat Channel processing and effects from any computer or iPad using the StudioLive Remote app. This means you can literally get up and walk around the venue to check levels and balance while adjusting and tweaking the setting on the go. Even more, this program allows you to drag and drop setting from your computer unto the mixer and even share 'Scenes' -- saved mix levels -- with fellow StudioLive users.
- 24 channel strips with high-headroom XMAX microphone preamplifiers
- 10 aux buses and 4 subgroups
- Over 90 signal processors with onboard library of DSP presets accessible via Fat Channel
- 32-bit floating-point processing for digital mixing and effects
- LED meters for every channel and processor function
- Mixer save and recall, and Fat Channel save/recall/copy/paste
- Master section with Talkback, Monitor, Cue, and selectable headphone sources
- Built-in FireWire recording and playback interface with super-stable JetPLL(tm) synchronization technologya
- Bundled software includes Capture for FireWire live recording, Studio One Artist(TM) digital audio workstation software to edit your recordings, and Virtual StudioLive to remote-control your mixer
Presonus developed the StudioLive line of mixers -- the 16.4.2, the 16.0.2, and the 24.4.2 -- to provide sound engineers, recording artists, and other performers with hardware that could serve equally well as both a live and studio mixer/recording unit. Of that line, the 24.4.2 offers more channels and key features, such as the threshold control on the limiter, four extra auxiliary buses, and fully parametric EQs not found on the smaller more economic models.
Virtual StudioLive (Mac/Win) and StudioLive Remote (iPad)
PreSonus Virtual StudioLive software for Mac and Windows provides bidirectional control of the StudioLive 16.0.2 digital mixer. Now you can see and control the most-used mixer parameters onscreen, including channel, subgroup, aux send, and main levels, as well as Fat Channel, effects, and graphic EQ settings.
Control the mixer with a mouse or watch VSL update when you adjust the hardware. Drag Fat Channel presets onto all 16 channels in seconds. Mute or solo every channel with a sweep of the mouse. Apply a Scene to the whole mixer just by dragging it on VSL from a list you see at all times. Collect and trade Scenes with other StudioLive users. This is huge!
To top it off, you can control VSL -- and therefore, your StudioLive mixer -- from an Apple iPad. With PreSonus StudioLive Remote for iPad (free from the Apple App Store), you can walk around the venue and tweak the mix, in real time, from any location, fixing monitor mixes from the stage and eliminating sonic problems on the spot.
- Easy drag-and-drop workflow
- Drag presets directly to channels
- Drag parts of presets directly to components in the Fat Channel
- Adjust the Fat Channel gate, compressor, and EQ plus the graphic EQ and effects
- Quickly drop entire Scenes to the mixer to instantly load all channel, effects, and graphic EQ settings
- Load effects quickly by simply dragging presets into the GUI
- Use the mouse to quickly assign channels to multiple buses, mute, solo, etc.
- Store and organize presets on your computer, then transfer them to your mixer for that night's gig
- Create presets on the road, store them to the mixer, then drag them to your preset pool the next time you're connected to the computer
- Reorder presets in mixer memory and in the software to best fit your workflow for each gig
- Share presets with friends; drag presets out of the browser and email, IM, or disk-swap presets with other StudioLive owners
- See all of the most-used parameters on the mixer at once
- See the state of all Fat Channel settings at once
- See all aux mixes at once
- See the current effects and other parameter settings
- View and graphically edit all parametric EQ and compression curves
- View and graphically edit all graphic equalizer settings
- Do time-stamped backups of the entire mixer
- Remote control the mixer from an iPad using StudioLive Remote software.
Q-Mix Wireless Aux-Mix Control Software for iPhone(r) and iPod touch(r)
With QMix, you can enjoy wireless remote control of any PreSonus StudioLive mixer's aux sends from up to ten Apple iPhones or iPod touches! Let performers create their monitor mixes from individual iPhones. With the Wheel of Me, you can select multiple "Me" channels and control their levels simultaneously. Requires a Mac or PC running PreSonus Virtual StudioLive.
- Runs on an Apple iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 4 or higher
- Provides wireless control over aux mixes in Virtual StudioLive and hence, over aux mixes in any StudioLive-series digital mixer
- Portrait view shows Wheel of Me, where you can select multiple "Me" channels and control their levels simultaneously
- Landscape view provides control of all aux-send levels and panning (for linked auxes)
- Aux mixes can be named (up to 10 characters)
- Control the auxes on any StudioLive mixer on the wireless network from one iPhone or iPod touch
- Multiple iPhones and iPod touches can control the same StudioLive
- Set permissions in VSL so each iPhone and iPod touch can control only one specific aux mix
Free from the Apple App Store
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of