Same Day Music is an
authorized Rane dealer
Like the world standard Rane SL 1, the SL 3 connects one or two standard vinyl or CD turntables to your computer and the mixer of your choice. Using regular turntables or CD players, you can scratch and mix files from your Mac or Windows computer's CD or hard drive.
- USB 2.0 high speed audio interface.
- Improved dynamic range: 104 dB.
- Maximum audio output: 3 Vrms (hotter output).
- 24-bit 44.1 or 48 kHz converters.
- Aux Input for Live Mix Recording or LiveFeed.
- Aux Output allows use of the Sample Player as a Virtual Deck.
- Aux Output opens the door for future expansion and creative configurations.
- High-grade phono preamps upgrade the performance of most mixers.
- Software switchable Direct Thru connections: less cable required.
- Independent Line / Phono-level selection for each input for greater flexibility.
- Galvanic isolation prevents computer noise from interfering with audio path.
- Soft carry case included.
- Includes international power supply: best performance and easy transfer between DJs.
Enhanced by studio grade preamps and 24-bit audio processing, this compact solution produces a warm punchy sound to heighten the senses. The Auxiliary Ouputs allow DJs and electronic musicians to intensify the mix with the Scratch Live SP-6 Sample Player. The Auxiliary Inputs provide a live input feed for creative sampling or recording your set. Use any combination of audio sources: control CD, control vinyl, MIDI or regular CDs and vinyl for more flexibility than ever.
The included 12-inch vinyl records and control CDs each have Serato's exclusive and unique control signal which allows Scratch Live to track the motion of the record, simulating the same movement with digital audio. Due to Serato's proprietary control scheme, the result is a feel and sound indistinguishable from playing vinyl.
Scratch Live 1.8.4
Scratch Live supports all these file formats: Fixed and Variable Bit Rate MP3, AIFF, AAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, CD Audio and direct from the mixer. Record from your mixer's Aux output and immediately scratch as if it was on vinyl. Record direct from vinyl or CD and save as a 24-bit 48 kHz stereo file.
Easily import your playlists and iTunes library. You can drag from Explorer (Windows) or the Finder (Mac) into the Scratch Live library. The crate and subcrate system helps organize your library and sets. Hot-swap external drives with fast automatic library merging and retention of crates. Browse your music collection by album, artist, BPM, or genre, with optional album art display. Intuitive search function can be applied to any field to find things quickly. Edit ID3 tags with full Unicode support.
Preprocessing of MP3 files is not required except to detect corrupt files or use the auto-BPM and auto-gain functions. Auto-BPM detects tempo information for tracks without it, saving it with each file. A tap tempo button allows you to enter your own. Auto-gain lets you set a target gain on any or all songs in your library. You can also manually adjust individual gain, remembered in each song file.
The Virtual Deck shows everything about the speed and position of a track. As the vinyl rotates, so does the line on the label. The circular progress bar around the edge is a visual representation of the position within the song. The time and remaining time are displayed in minutes and seconds. The turntable speed as a percentage of pitch shift is on the left, and the pitched BPM is on the right.
Different operating modes can be assigned to each Virtual Deck:Absolute Mode
-- exact reproduction of record movement, needle drop through tracks - just like normal vinyl. The beginning of the track is mapped to the start of the record.Relative Mode
-- skip-free scratching, jump to cue points, and pitch bend buttons combined with turntable control. This mode observes the relative forward and backward movement of the record, but does not regard the position within the record.Internal Mode
-- mix with just your laptop using features modeled on DJ CD players. Rewind, Bend down, Play / pause reverse, Play / pause forward, Bend up, Fast forward.Auto mode
-- play a sequence of tracks automatically.
With Key Lock on, the key or pitch of the song stays locked at what it would be if the track was playing at normal speed, regardless of the platter speed of the turntable or CD player. Key Lock has scratch detection, so it automatically turns off when scratching for a natural scratching sound.
Variable zoom waveforms centered around current position display horizontally or vertically. Waveforms are colored by frequency so you can distinguish instruments visually. Full track overview lets you quickly find where the beat drops, find breakdowns and choruses, and jump to any part of the song. The tempo display assists with rapid tempo matching of tracks. When the two tracks are matched to the same tempo, the peaks will line up. Beat display emphasizes the transients in tracks -- these are matched up when the two tracks are beat matched. Visual markers can be set for up to 5 cue points per song and triggered from the keyboard. Save up to 9 loops per track -- these loops are saved in the file, and will be present when you reload. Censor expletives on the fly with an instant quick-reverse and catch-up with no loss of timing or pitch.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Computer interface: USB 2.0 High Speed
- USB Power Requirement: 400 mA, 5.0 Volts
- USB Audio Channels: Six Record and Six Playback
- External Power Supply: 1060 mA, 7.5 Volts
- Converters: 24-bit / 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz sample rate
- DAC Dynamic Range: 104 dB, A-weighted
- Line Thru Dynamic Range: 101 dB, A-weighted
- Phono Thru Dynamic Range: 98 dB, A-weighted
- THD+N: 0.009% at 1 kHz at 2 Vrms
- All Inputs Phono or Line Level: Switchable
- Line Input: Unbalanced RCA
- Gain: Unity
- Maximum Input / Output: 3 Vrms
- Phono Input: Unbalanced RCA
- Sensitivity: Adjustable 2.5 mV to 10 mVSystem Requirements
- A DJ mixer with at least 2 channels
- At least one turntable or CD player
- Computer with available USB 2.0 port
- Screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher
- Hard drive space for storing music
- 1 GB RAMPC
- Pentium 4 / 1.5 GHz
- Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher, or Vista with Service Pack 1 or higher.
* Note that Rane recommends Windows XP over Vista for performance reasons. By using XP, you can have a lower latency (for a better vinyl feel) and better performance in general.Mac
- Mac OSX 10.4 or higher
- G4 / 1 GHz
Please note: this is the minimum requirement to run Scratch Live. Rane recommends you use a higher spec computer, and particularly if you have a large library, you will benefit from having more RAM.Scratch Live Box Contents
The Rane SL 3 is only sold as part of a complete package. The display box includes:
- 1 SL 3 Interface
- 1 Soft Carry Case
- 1 Serato Scratch Live Software Install Disc.
- 1 External Universal Power Supply with Country Adaptors.
- 1 USB Cable
- 4 Stereo RCA Cables
- 2 Control CDs
- 2 Control Vinyl Records
- 4 Rubber Feet for the SL 3
- 1 Quick Start Guide
- 1 Operators Manual
- 1 Warranty Card
Two copies of black vinyl are included with the SL 3. Side A: 10 minutes plus Vinyl Scroll track. Side B: 15 minutes.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs