Same Day Music is an
authorized Roland dealer
The Roland GR-D V-Guitar Distortion offers unique distortion and synth tones produced by independently processing each guitar string, giving the modern player an array of fresh, bold sounds for their sonic arsenal. Housed in the popular Twin Pedal format and equipped with connections for easy integration with amps, stomps, multi-effects, and other V-Guitar devices, the GR-D delivers wide, heavy, high-clarity tones that can only be achieved with GK processing. With the all-new V-Guitar pedals, guitarists can now enjoy the immense benefits of Roland's GK processing--the powerful technology behind the GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer and VG-99 V-Guitar System--right on their pedalboards.
Welcome to the Family
The GR-D V-Guitar Distortion joins Roland's acclaimed V-Guitar family, which also includes the GR-55 Guitar Synthesizer and VG-99 V-Guitar System. The convenient stompbox format of the GR-D allows players with traditional setups to experience the incredible sound potential available with GK processing. When used with an optional US-20 Unit Selector, the GR-D also gives current GR and VG users new sounds for their existing rig.
Unlock All-New Sounds with GK Processing
The GR-D features a 13-pin input for use with a guitar outfitted with a Roland GK-3 Divided Pickup or a GK-equipped instrument such as the GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster. Unlike standard monophonic guitar pickups, the Roland GK pickup senses and isolates each individual string, sending them as six discrete signals to a 13-pin jack. When connected to a V-Guitar device like the GR-D pedal, each string can be processed individually, opening up a universe of sound possibilities that are impossible with a normal 1/4-inch guitar output.
Bold Distortion Tones for Modern Players
Inside the GR-D is a huge array of unique distortion colors made possible with GK processing. By applying separate distortion processing to each string, the atonal harmonic artifacts of mono distortion are completely eliminated. This results in incredible string definition and clarity, even with full, complex chords and extremely high levels of gain. In addition, picking dynamics are greatly enhanced, and wide stereo effects can be achieved. VG-DIST 1 and VG-DIST 2 offer two very different distortion flavors newly developed for the GR-D, while POLY DIST is a new variant on the classic "polyphonic distortion" in early Roland guitar synths, enhanced with the power of modern digital technology. SYNTH is an analog synth-type sound based on string vibration instead of an oscillator, providing an ultra-responsive playing feel with true guitar expressiveness.
Tweak and Store Your Custom Sounds
Like a normal stompbox, the GR-D features simple controls that are quick and intuitive to use, but behind their simplicity is an enormous range of sound-shaping potential. When you turn the GAIN, COLOR, and TONE knobs, you're actually tweaking multiple under-the-hood parameters specifically tailored to each sound type, letting you achieve substantial tonal shifts even with small changes. Four memory locations let you store your favorite sounds, with quick recall via the control switches on your GK-equipped guitar. A Solo function, accessible with one of the pedal's two footswitches, gives you an instant boost of volume and presence for lead playing.
Easy Integration with Any Rig
The GR-D offers a multitude of connections for integrating with different rigs, including pedalboards, multi-effects setups, racks, mixers, and other V-Guitar devices. A dual MIX/GUITAR INPUT allows you to connect devices and blend them with the GR-D sound, with the combined mix sent to the pedal's mono/stereo output. The 13-pin GK output carries the guitar's normal pickup signal as well, and controls on the GK-equipped guitar allow you to blend the GK and normal sounds right from your instrument. A dedicated GUITAR OUTPUT jack on the GR-D lets you connect the normal guitar sound directly to an amp or effects with no GK processing applied. It can also be used in conjunction with the MIX/GUITAR INPUT to create a send/return loop for your normal effects chain.
GK-READY Guitar and Options
With its built-in GK pickup and 13-pin output, Roland's popular GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster is a perfect fit for the GR-D, and there are GK-equipped guitars available from many other manufacturers as well. Roland also offers the GK-3 Divided Pickup, allowing you to easily add GK compatibility to your favorite guitar with no modification.
- Roland's powerful V-Guitar technology in a Twin Pedal stompbox
- Bold, high-clarity distortion and synth tones only possible with GK processing
- VG-DIST 1, VG-DIST 2, POLY DIST, and SYNTH sounds, with real-time DSP for latency-free performance
- Sculpt your tones with ultra-responsive GAIN, COLOR, and TONE knobs
- Solo function provides an instant volume and presence boost for lead playing
- 13-pin GK input; designed for use with the GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster, GK-3 Divided Pickup, and all GK-equipped guitars
- Flexible connections for easy integration with amps, pedals, and multi-effects
- Four user memories, with remote selection from GK-equipped guitarNOTE: Power supply not included.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Nominal Input Level:
- - MIX INPUT: -10 dBu: GUITAR INPUT: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance
- - MIX INPUT: 1 M ohm: GUITAR INPUT: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level:
- - OUTPUT: -20 dBu: GUITAR OUTPUT: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance:
- - OUTPUT: 2 k ohms: GUITAR OUTPUT: 2 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- - ON/OFF pedal: SOLO pedal: TYPE knob: GAIN knob: COLOR knob TONE knob: LEVEL knob: SELECT button: WRITE button: OUTPUT SELECT switch
- Indicators: POWER indicator (serves also as battery check indicator) ON/OFF indicator: SOLO indicator
- Connectors: MIX/GUITAR INPUT (R, L/MONO) jacks: GK IN connector GUITAR OUTPUT jack: OUTPUT (R, L/MONO) jacks: DC IN jack
- Memory: 4
- Effect Type: VG-DIST 1, VG-DIST 2, POLY DIST, SYNTH
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) or Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6) x 6,: AC Adaptor (PSA-series: optional)
- Current Draw: 200 mA (9 V, when used with GK-3)
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Alkaline battery: Approx. 7 hours: Carbon-zinc battery: Approx. 2 hours: These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- - Owner's Manual: Leaflet (USING THE UNIT SAFELY, IMPORTANT NOTES, and Information): Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 6
- - Options (sold separately)
- AC adaptor: BOSS PSA-series: Divided pickup: GK-3 (for guitar) V-Guitar: GC-1 GK-Ready Stratocaster (R): GK Cable: GKC-10 (10 m), GKC-5 (5 m): Unit Selector: US-20Size and Weight:
- Width: 173 mm, 6-13/16 inches
- Depth: 158 mm, 6-1/4 inches
- Height: 57 mm, 2-1/4 inches
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs