Same Day Music is an
authorized Roland dealer
The compact R-05 is easy to use, affordable, and packed with big-ticket features that raise the bar in its price class. Experience crystal-clear 24/96 capture, enhanced recording and editing features, and extended battery life (over 16 hours per charge). On stage, in rehearsal, at school, on the street, in the boardroom -- whenever inspiration strikes, let the R-05 capture the moment with convenience and quality.
- High-quality stereo recording (24-bit / 96kHz) with the built-in stereo mic or external input
- Records directly to SD card with extended battery life (over 30 hours continuous playback, over 16 hours continuous recording)
- Strong, attractive metallic exterior
- Onboard editing functions; built-in reverb
- Music-practice features (change tempo without changing pitch, loop playback, etc.)
- Auto record start, auto song split, auto level adjust
- Pre Record function (captures 2 seconds of audio that precedes pressing REC)
- Use as a high-quality portable audio player (plays WAV and MP3 files)
- Windscreen and tripod mount included
The R-05 provides pristine, uncompressed stereo recording directly to SD card -- up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution. Whether recording directly with the built-in stereo mic or capturing sounds from an externally connected microphone or stereo line input, you'll be impressed with the R-05's detail and clarity. And for worry-free recording, the convenient Rehearsal mode ensures that you won't overload the input.
Even though the R-05 integrates fluidly with computers via USB 2.0, this next-generation recorder doesn't require a PC for editing. For speed and convenience, you can trim, divide, and combine within the R-05. And for those who'd like to apply a high-gloss finish to their recordings, the R-05 is equipped with built-in reverb.
In a rehearsal studio, you can make clear recordings of your band, even at high volume levels. The R-05 can automatically set the optimum recording level, and can split the songs for you automatically. It's also possible to simultaneously record a high-quality WAV file for CD production and an MP3 file for file sharing.
The R-05 can help you practice your instrument or vocals. You can repeatedly loop a specified region of audio, or change the playback speed without changing the pitch. You can play back a difficult phrase slowly or play back at high speed to grasp the overall structure of a song in a short time.
For Non-Musicians Too
Musicians will naturally gravitate to the R-05, but this portable recorder is great for many non-musical applications as well. Record lectures, speeches, and meetings, for example. The high-sensitivity, built-in microphone will clearly capture all of the voices in a room. The included windscreen and tripod mount enhance optimal placement and cleaner recordings as well.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
Tracks: 2 (stereo one pair)Signal Processing
- AD/DA conversion: 24 bits, 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz
Data Type (Recording)
- WAVE (Sampling Rate: 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, Bit Depth: 16/24 bits)
- MP3 (Sampling Rate: 44.1/48 kHz, Bit Rates: 64/96/128/160/192/224/320 kbps)
- WAVE + MP3 (Sampling Rate: 44.1/48 kHz, Bit Depth: 16 bits, Bit Rates: 128 kbps)
- *MP3 ... MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3Data Type (Playback)
- WAVE (Sampling Rate: 32/44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz, Bit Depth: 16/24 bits)
- MP3 (Sampling Rate: 32/44.1/48 kHz, Bit Rates: 32 - 320 kbps or VBR)
- *MP3 ... MPEG-1 Audio Layer 3, VBR ... Variable Bit Rate
- SD Card, SDHC format compatible
- WAV (24-bit/96 kHz): 27 mins/GB
- WAV (24-bit/88.2 kHz): 30 mins/GB
- WAV (24-bit/48 kHz): 54 mins/GB
- WAV (24-bit/44.1 kHz): 59 mins/GB
- WAV (16-bit/96 kHz): 40 mins/GB
- WAV (16-bit/88.2 kHz): 44 mins/GB
- WAV (16-bit/48 kHz): 81 mins/GB
- WAV (16-bit/44.1 kHz): 88 mins/GB
- MP3 (320 kbps): 392 mins/GB
- MP3 (128 kbps): 980 mins/GB
- * Each recording time is approximate. The times may change depending on the card specifications.
- * In case that there are plural files, the sum of recording time would be shorter than above.Input/Output
- Internal Stereo Microphone, Mic input (Stereo miniature phone type, plug-in powered mic), Line input (Stereo miniature phone type)
- *The Internal/External Mic and the Line input can't be used at the same time (Line input priority).
Audio Output: Phones (Stereo miniature phone type)
Nominal Input Level (Variable):
- Mic input: -33 dBu (MIC GAIN is H, Default input level)
- Mic input: -15 dBu (MIC GAIN is L, Default input level)
- Line input: -7 dBu (Default input level)
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
- Mic input (MIC GAIN is H): 7k ohms
- Mic input (MIC GAIN is L): 5k ohms
- Line input: 8 k ohms
Output Level: 20 mW + 20 mW (In case 16 ohms load)
Recommended Load Impedance: 16 ohms or greater
Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 40 kHz
USB Interface: Mini-B type connector (support USB 2.0/1.1 mass storage device class)Effects
Reverb: 4 types (Hall 1, Hall 2, Room, Plate)
- 50 - 150 % of playback speed
- * Playback only. Excludes playback in 88.2 kHz or 96 kHz.
- * Reverb and Speed Change can't be used at the same time.Others
Display: 128 x 64 dot graphic display
- AC Adaptor
- Alkaline dry battery LR6 (AA) type x 2 or Nickel Hydrogen battery (HR15/51) x 2
Current Draw: 290 mA (maximum)
Duration of continuous use with Alkaline battery operation:
- Playback: over 30 hours
- Recording: over 16 hours
- * These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.Accessories
- Owner's manual, Quick start guide, SD card, Batteries (two AA), USB cable (mini-B type), WindscreenOptions
- AC Adaptor: PSB6U series, Silicone Rubber Case: OP-R05S, Cover / Windscreen Set: OP-R05C, Carrying Pouch: OP-RP1, Microphone Stand Adaptor: OP-MSA1, Binaural Microphones / Earphones: CS-10EM, Stereo Microphone: CS-15SSize and Weight
- 60 mm
- 2-3/8 inches
- 103 mm
- 4-1/16 inches
- 25 mm
- 1 inches
- 140 g
- 0 lbs. 5 oz.
In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Base Item
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs