Same Day Music is an
authorized Roland dealer
The Roland SBX-1 lets computers and electronic instruments communicate and synchronize with each other. It supports a vast array of both analog and digital devices through DIN SYNC, MIDI and USB, and any of these can be the master clock source. You can use the SBX-1 itself as the master sync and control your external devices with its rock-steady internal clock. With hands-on control over timing and groove, and support for CV/GATE, the SBX-1 is far from just an ordinary sync box.
Adventures Through Time
The SBX-1 converts incoming performance information from an external device to both CV (pitch) and GATE (note) signals. So it offers possibilities far beyond what you would expect from a simple sync box. You can use it to play analog or modular synths. You can output the LFOs that you create in the SBX-1 along with performance information, modulate them and even use them as trigger signals.
You can also add analog and modular devices to your computer-based production environment, or design totally new and innovative live performance setups. The SBX-1 not only bridges worlds - it opens doors to entirely new ones.
Timing is Everything
When it comes to music, timing is fundamental. The SBX-1 keeps everything tight, syncing your analog and digital devices to your computer or as the master sync source controlling the tempo of all your devices. In addition to the SBX-1's internal clock, you can set the master to MIDI, DIN SYNC, or USB/MIDI. Physical knobs for TEMPO and FINE tempo along with TAP tempo give deep control of the overall groove and let you freely adjust your timing to sync-up with DJs or other performers in a band.
When you've absolutely got to have that swing, the SBX-1's Shuffle function can add variable swing to patterns generated by external sequencers and rhythm machines - even those that are not equipped with a shuffle function, like the TR-808 and TB-303. Choose between 16th and 8th note swing and correct timing errors with the quick-access, performance-friendly SYNC button.
The SBX-1 comes complete with CV/GATE output jacks so you can control analog and modular synths from your external MIDI device or computer. MIDI notes and CC information from external sources are converted and output as CV/GATE information, and this creates all kinds of creative possibilities.
You can create LFO signals in the SBX-1 that are synced to either the internal clock or tempo from an external source. You can register up to 5 types (3 types with AUX) of different LFO settings and output these as CV signals simultaneously from 3 channels (CV/BEND/AUX). You can also register up to 5 types (3 types with AUX) of different MIDI notes as trigger settings and output these as GATE signals simultaneously from 3 channels (CV/GATE/AUX).
You can even generate GATE trigger signals on the SBX-1 itself, supporting a range from quarter notes to 32nd notes, including triplets and dotted 8th notes. The SBX-1 features an AUX jack that has been optimized especially for the TR-8 Rhythm Performer. It dramatically speeds things up by letting you check values on the SBX-1 display as you setup the TR-8 tone that you want to GATE trigger.
- Simultaneous conversion between MIDI, DIN SYNC, and USB/MIDI
- Control external devices with SBX-1 as the master sync source
- Shuffle adds swing to patterns generated on devices without swing like TR-808 and TB-303
- CV/GATE jacks introduce enormous creative possibilities
- SYNC button corrects timing errors with a single press
- Output up to three channels of triggers or LFOs with different characteristics
- DIN SYNC supports both Sync24 and Sync48 compatible with a variety of rhythm machines
- Works great with the TR-8 through optimized AUX jack
- Runs on USB bus power or with AC adapter
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- DIN SYNC IN: Switch (24, 48)
- DIN SYNC OUT1: Switch (24, 48)
- DIN SYNC OUT2: Switch (24, 48)
- TRANSPOSE: Switch (H, M, L)
- POLARITY: Switch (+, -)
- BEND: Switch (WHOLE, OCT, LFO)
- AUX: Switch (1, 2, 3)
- POWER: SwitchButtons
- CLOCK SOURCE: button (D-SYNC, MIDI, USB, INT)
- SYNC: button
- SHUFFLE: button
- STOP: button
- PLAY/PAUSE: button
- TAP: buttonKnobs:
- TEMPO: knob
- FINE: knobIndicators:
- D-SYNC: indicator
- MIDI: indicator
- USB: indicator
- INT: indicator
- Display: 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)Connectors:
- DIN SYNC (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors
- MIDI (IN, OUT1, OUT2) connectors
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- DC IN jack
- CV jack: Miniature phone type
- GATE jack: Miniature phone type
- BEND jack: Miniature phone type
- AUX jack: Miniature phone type
- Power Supply: AC adaptor or supplied from the computer via USB
- Current Draw:
- 150 mA (When using an AC adaptor)
- 200 mA (When using USB bus power)
- Dimensions (main unit only): (W x D x H) 220 x 135 x 52mm (8 11/16 x 5 3/8 x 2 1/16#)
- Weight: 790 g (1 lb 12 oz)
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY", AC adaptor
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs