Same Day Music is an
authorized Tascam dealer
As audio interface manufacturers strive to design products that help bridge the gap between studio-quality recording and home recording, TASCAM built the bridge. Meet the UH-7000 USB interface and stand-alone microphone preamp. Applying brand new technology, TASCAM developed HDIA (High Definition Instrumentation Architecture) Mic Preamps for this mighty device. Other interface brands boast the quality of their mic pre's, but none have had the confidence to offer them for solitary use outside of the digital channels. The UH-7000 HDIA mic pre's and their fully-balanced input to output analog signal can be fully utilized in "Stand-Alone Mode." After months of testing and development of the HDIA mic pre's, TASCAM is proud to list -128 dBU EIN, 117 dB S/N ratio and 0.0009% THD levels. These numbers prove the quietness and superiority of the UH-7000 circuitry inside.
HDIA mic pre's are not all the unit has to offer. The UH-7000 is also designed with a dual-sided Burr Brown AD converter to maintain separated input paths and true high-resolution signals. Maintaining a stable communication and frequencies between a computer and an interface is integral to reach professional quality recordings. The TCXO clock generator installed in the UH-7000 does just that. Without a stable clock signal, little jitters can occur and disrupt musical nuances that shouldn't be missed in a recording. For monitoring purposes and digital output the UH-7000 coerces your audio through a Burr Brown DA converter to deliver fluid and honest sound reproduction. Record everything confidently with the UH-7000.
Another crucial component of the UH-7000 is the extra-large power transformer. This key factor guarantees that all internal components work to their full potential. Even the highest quality microphone preamps are of no use if they don't have a sufficient power source behind them. Most competing interfaces fall short in this category.
The unit itself is not only a figurative bridge between home and studio recording, but it is built like one too. With a solid aluminum structure, it's easy to see that the UH-7000 means business. The knobs are meticulously calibrated for smooth, tension-controlled gain setting and the bright 3-color LED VU meters accurately depict each channel's true level. The device is equipped with (2) XLR balanced inputs with full +48V phantom power, (2) balanced 1/4" inputs, (2) balanced XLR outputs, and AES/EBU digital out. Work the fantastic preamps of the UH-7000 into your current recording/live setup, or plug this versatile interface into your computer to start recording.
Stop treading water between two worlds, and take the bridge to studio-quality recording with the UH-7000 USB Interface and Stand-Alone Microphone Preamplifier.
- Supports 24-bit/192kHz USB transmission and AD/DA conversion
- Support for Mac and Windows operating systems
- 4-in/4-out audio streaming from a PC connected via USB 2.0
- Burr-Brown PCM4220 AD converter
- Burr-Brown PCM1795 DA converter
- HDIA microphone preamps: -128dB EIN
- Thin-film metal resistors with outstanding noise performance
- High audio quality film capacitors with low distortion
- Low-latency monitoring through the DSP mixer
- DSP mixer can be switched between multitrack and stereo mix modes
- DSP mixer enables independent adjustment of recording and monitoring levels
- Line or digital outputs can be selected using the DSP mixer
- DSP dynamics effects can be applied to inputs, outputs or the master (compressor, noise suppressor, de-esser, exciter, EQ, limiter/low cut)
- DSP REVERB (hall, room, live, studio, plate) send effect is perfect for monitoring when recording
- Link line function enables volume control of powered monitors
- Single-punch MIXER PANEL button
- Strong, highly-durable aluminum body
- Large INPUT level knobs enable precise adjustment of input levels
- Two 20-segment LED level meters
- Standard TRS headphones output jack - 45mW/channel output
- +48 phantom power supply
- Two balanced analog XLR jacks for both input and output
- Professional output specifications (maximum output level: +24 dBu)
- Two balanced analog TRS input jacks
- XLR digital input and output jacks support AES3-2003/IEC60958-4 (AES/EBU) and IEC60958-3 (S/PDIF) formats
- IEC AC input cable
- Half-rack size
- Confirmed operation with major DAW software, including Sonar X3, ProTools, Cubase and Live
- RoHS compliant
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of