Same Day Music is an
authorized Universal Audio dealer
Apollo 16 is Universal Audio's flagship 24-bit/192 kHz audio interface, delivering world-class conversion with 16 x 16 analog I/O -- twice the analog connectivity of the original Apollo model. This uncompromising FireWire/Thunderbolt-ready* interface combines superior sound and flexible routing with powerful onboard UAD-2 QUAD processing. So you can track audio in real time through the full range of classic UAD analog emulation plug-ins -- from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon and more** -- on both Mac and Windows 7.*With its professional connectivity and multi-unit cascading (for 32 x 32 analog I/O), the Apollo 16 sets a standard in high-resolution recording with classic analog sound.
World-Class 24-bit/192 kHz Conversion
Apollo 16 brings a true "no compromise" approach to every aspect of its audio signal path. Building upon decades of UA hardware expertise, it features meticulous analog circuit design, top-end converters, and DC-coupled outputs -- providing the lowest THD and highest dynamic range of any converter in its class. Specifically, the Apollo 16's deep, wide soundstage, and its exceptionally open and transparent sound, makes it the ideal centerpiece for professional recording studios.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and Mastering
With its standard UAD-2 QUAD processing onboard, Apollo 16 allows recording in real time through UAD Powered Plug-Ins -- with as low as sub-2ms latency -- so you can monitor, audition, and "print" audio through stunning analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.** Better still, Apollo 16's Realtime UAD Processing is also available during mixing and mastering, so that music producers can employ UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU) throughout the creative process.
Expandable 16 x 16 Analog Connectivity with Advanced Routing
Apollo 16 boasts straightforward 16 x 16 analog I/O via convenient DB-25 connections -- perfect for pairing with mixing consoles, outboard processors, cue/headphone systems, and more. Two Apollo 16 units can be cascaded over MADI for an expanded system with eight UAD processors and 32 x 32 simultaneous analog I/O, capable of handling large professional mixes. Dedicated XLR monitor outputs and stereo AES-EBU digital I/O round out the Apollo 16's rear-panel audio connections.
The Apollo 16's enhanced routing capabilities include four stereo Cue mixes with individually assignable outputs, and a "Virtual I/O" feature that allows for Realtime UAD Processing of DAW tracks and virtual instruments.
Thunderbolt Connectivity for Macs
Apollo 16 offers compatibility with Intel's high-bandwidth Thunderbolt technology on Macs via a user-installable dual-port Thunderbolt Option Card (sold separately). Thunderbolt provides greater UAD plug-in instances, improved performance at high sample rates, and reduced UAD plug-in latency in the DAW versus Apollo's standard FireWire connection.
Because Thunderbolt offers many times the bandwidth of FireWire, it allows studios to connect numerous devices in series with the Apollo interface -- including hard drives, processors, and additional computer monitors -- all with fast, flawless performance. Thunderbolt also makes it easy to expand UAD plug-in processing power via a Thunderbolt-to-PCIe chassis and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator card(s).
Deeper Integration with Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase and More
Apollo 16's Core Audio and ASIO drivers ensure compatibility with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, and more. The included Console application and companion Console Recall plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) provide control and recall of all interface and Realtime UAD plug-in settings within your DAW sessions, even months and years later. A "PT Mode" ensures that Pro Tools can take advantage of all 16 analog inputs/outputs for hardware inserts -- and maximizes analog I/O in a multi-unit setup.
- UA's flagship FireWire/Thunderbolt-ready audio interface for Mac and Windows 7*
- 16 x 16 analog I/O via DB-25 connectors -- ideal for mixing consoles, outboard preamps, etc.
- Realtime UAD-2 QUAD processing for low-latency (sub-2ms) tracking and mixing w/ UAD Powered Plug-Ins**
- Thunderbolt Option Card for next-generation connectivity to compatible Macs (sold separately)
- Four stereo Cue mixes with fully assignable outputs
- Multi-unit cascading over MADI merges two Apollo 16 units for 32 x 32 analog I/O
- PT Mode allows easy insertion of outboard analog hardware in Pro Tools**
- Virtual I/O feature for Realtime UAD Processing of virtual instruments and DAW tracks
- Includes dedicated XLR monitor outs and stereo AES-EBU digital I/O
- Includes "Analog Classics" plug-ins: LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A EQ
- Full recall of interface settings in DAW sessions via Console Recall plug-in (VST/RTAS/AU)
- Full compatibility with UAD-2 DSP Accelerator systems
- * Requires Windows 7 64-bit edition operating system and a qualified PCIe-to-FireWire adaptor. Thunderbolt option is Mac-only.
- ** All trademarks are recognized as property of their respective owners. Individual UAD Powered Plug-Ins sold separately.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of