Most people think they've never heard of Brent Mason. You may not recognize the name but chances are huge that you have heard him. Brent is, without doubt, the number 1 session musician working out of Nashville and has been since the early 1990's.
If you have seen 'Friends', 'Bridget Jones Diary' or 'Becker'... Or listened to Shania Twain, Travis Tritt, Alan Jackson, George Strait or any other of the hundreds of artists that call Brent first when they need a guitar player on their recording, you've heard him. It's getting to the point now where Brent is probably one of the most recorded guitar players in history.
Not only is he a now a legendary studio figure, but also a renowned composer and songwriter. His compositions have been used in countless films, TV shows and commercials. His solo albums, in particular "Hot Wired" (from which this pedal got its name) has become almost mythical in its reputation for guitar tone and quality of musicianship. With Brent, you will not believe it until you hear it.
As you can imagine, Brent has a pretty exacting ear when it comes to his tone. Brian had previously modified some pedals for Brent but he still was not quite getting the tone he wanted. The only way was to make one. After many attempts, Brent plugged in the current prototype, played for a few minutes, looked up at Brian and said '...oh yeah... this is it...'. The Hot Wired pedal was born.
Two pedals in one (overdrive and distortion), this is one of the most versatile pedals available. One channel has all your overdrive needs, from a gentle break up to all out crunch, the other gives you dirt... Loads of fat, creamy distortion that is tonally perfect from top to bottom. If need be you can stack them both together for a huge, huge sound.
Brent uses this pedal daily in the studio. He uses it live. When it has Brent's name on it, you know it's nothing short of perfect.
- - High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- - Completely true bypass
- - Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- - Built to Brent's specs exactly
- - 2 separate pedals in one box - volume/tone/gain
- - Bass boost switch on each channel
- - 3.5 x 4.5 in.
- - Super durable powder coat finish
- - TONS of volume potential if you need it
- - Not a clone of any previous circuit unlike so many others!
- - Brent's personal pedal is the exact same as the ones built for everyone
- - Both channels can be used at the same time for ultimate "stacking" tones
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of