Same Day Music is an
authorized Warm Audio dealer
The Warm Audio WA12 is based on the Classic 312 style preamp and uses unique component choices that give it a very warm, exciting, opulent tone. The WA12 uses more unique and expensive component choices than many pricier models. You will be hard pressed to find anything as good under $1,000, and many will enjoy it more than $2,000+ pieces. All component choices have been carefully selected and some even customized. Everything passes the golden ear test.
Warm Audio WA12: A Classic 312-Style Preamp
3 years ago Warm Audio set out to create a top-notch preamp every musician could afford. Not just a fancy chassis or shiny tubes but something that would actually sound great, something that would transform average mics and instruments into world-class tone. Warm Audio has built gear for high-end studios for years-cutting corners for this project was not an option. The WA12 is designed at the quality level of everything else they have built. It's truly exceptional. The WA12 holds its ground next to pres 4-5 times its price.
Is this possible? Yes. A bold claim? Absolutely. A lie? Nope. Warm Audio has created an industry-changing piece of gear. Say goodbye to the $1,000 glass ceiling and say hello to the WA12: The first fully-professional, transformer-balanced mic pre, with the beautiful character and mojo of some of the greatest classics.
- 71db of Gain
- Custom Designed Cinemag input and output transformers
- 150 ohm, and 600 ohm input impedance for varying tone - affects both the microphone and HI-Z inputs
- Fully Discrete
- 48 volt Phantom Power
- Microphone level balanced input: XLR or TRS
- Balanced outputs: XLR and TRS
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input: 1/4 inch Front panel - sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and the discrete operational amplifier
- 20db pad
- External power supply for low noise
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of