Same Day Music is an
authorized Zoom dealer
The Zoom R series was designed to give musicians a portable recording command center that doubles as a digital audio interface for either Mac or PC. Using SDHC/SD memory cards for storage, every recorder in the R series features multiple channels of simultaneous recording, playback, and control for optimal musical blend, balance, and precision. The R24 controller is the most advanced device in the series, featuring eight more channels of playback than the R16, a sampler, a drum machine with velocity sensitive buttons, and four additional channels of phantom-power (for a total of 6).
The R24 is designed to deliver flawlessly produced recordings and a plethora of sound capture options. Eight tracks of simultaneous recording make recording groups or individually micing a drum kit fast and simple. A total of six phantom powered channels allow for multiple condenser microphones, perfect for capturing acoustic guitar or live group vocals. Twenty four channels of playback help you monitor the blend and find interesting layers of sound. Additionally, the R24 can be daisy-chained to another R24 or R16 for up to 16 channels of simultaneous recording or 48 channels of playback.
The SDHC cards help to facilitate the recording process. Each 32GB card can hold up to 100 hours of track recording. These cards can be easily swapped out, stored, and backed-up on USB memory sticks and other memory devices for excellent memory security.
But the R24 is much more than a simple recorder; it is also an incredibly helpful audio interface. With the convenient USB plug, the R24 can be attached to most computers or laptops. Although the R24 comes standard with Cubase LE 5, any standard DAW software will work with the R24. The simultaneous 8-in/2-out capacity allows the recording of 16-bit/44.1kHz audio. This setup can be reordered to a simultaneous 2-in/2-out configuration for higher definition 24-bit/96kHz audio. If the sampling rate is 44.1kHz, the internal DSP effects of the R24 can be added to the computer tracks. Dedicated controls let the R24 precisely tune mixing levels and balance between the computer playback and the source information, eliminating the frustrating exercise of setting EQ levels with a computer mouse.
The effects function of the R24 is incredibly intuitive and features almost limitless options. The 24 voice sampler allows you to assign audio files as loops on any of the tracks. Built-in drum pads let you choose from 10 different kit sound models, or you can play the touch-sensitive pads in real time and set your own loops and rhythms, storing up to 511 at once. Included, the R24 has over 400 preprogrammed drum patterns and comes with a USB flash drive housing 500MB more of drum loops recorded by Grammy Award winning jazz/fusion drummer, Peter Erskine. The R24 also comes with 150 types of DSP effects, 390 patches, 16 guitar amp models, and 6 bass amp models for an inexhaustible assortment of sonic choices.
- Over 100 studio-quality effects including guitar amp models and mastering effects
- Records on up to 32GB SDHC cards for maximum recording time
- 8 balanced XLR-1/4-inch combination inputs
- Records in WAV 48kHz/44.1kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit
- Easily viewable 4-segment LED meter bridge
- 6-channel simultaneous 48V phantom power supply capability
- Over 4 hours of operation using 6 AA alkaline batteries (AC adaptor included)
- Sync two R24s via USB for 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
- Audio InterfaceHigh-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
- 8 in / 2 out (8 x 2) via USB
- Control Surface - Full mixing and transport controls for Cubase, Logic, Sonar and more!
- USB Control Surface uses Mackie Control emulation
- SamplerPad sampler with 24 voices (8 pads x 3 banks)
- Loop-based audio sequencer for music creation
With the R series, for convenience and expedience of use, Zoom has merged a multi-track recorder, audio interface, controller and a sampler into a single device. Loaded with more features and capabilities than the R16, but at a price that is still rather affordable, the R24 is the flagship of the R series armada.
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of