"If George Foreman had the punch of this cabinet, he'd still be World Champion."
The main thing for me on sound is I'm not hearing the typical distortion associated with playing hard through a 4X10 cabinet. Although this cab is augmented by another cab, I have played on stage with it by itself and I have no distortion issues.
This is a great cabinet. The only reason this cab received a very good (7) in features is because of the following: this cabinet is built like a tank, which is not a bad thing, however,it's almost as heavy. Locking wheels in the front of this cabinet would have been a wonderful idea given the weight.
Ease of Use:
Extremely easy to interface with any current head
The road worthiness of this cabinet is yet to be determined as that usually implies the rough and tumble over a considerable length of time. If how it's built is any indication though, it should last well after I'm gone.
Haven't needed any service yet. This is probably one of the most critical aspects of any product company. I'm just hoping that service will be as good as the cabinet seems to be. It is most unfortunate that probably 95% of all product companies today spend an inordinate amount of time, energy and effort on the sale of their products with the remaining 5% on follow-on customer service that is a struggle for the consumer at best. Here's an idea- just make it right if something goes wrong. You're not losing money your gaining in customer loyalty and word of mouth endorsement.
The Wow Factor:
The Ampeg 4X10 Classic has no sex appeal other than it's a bass players cabinet. If you want more sex appeal on stage, wear sexier clothes.
If I were to buy another 4X10 cabinet in this economic range I would most certainly buy another Ampeg Classic. If I had to buy another similar cabinet for sound and reliabilty it would probably be a Bergantino 4X10 cabinet.