Tascam Model 24 Mixer, USB Audio Interface and Multitrack Recorder
Check the delivery time for another location!
- of course -
- the legendary Portastudio family of Analog Cassette and Digital Multitrack recorders, the Model 24 is a complete, standalone 24-track recording studio. Featuring multitrack, bounce and punch-in capabilities, this rugged, portable solution can make any gig a recording session at the touch of a button.When it's time to mix things up, the Model 24 is ready to stand and deliver. From the high-quality, low-noise mic preamps to the 100mm faders, the Model 24 features an array of channel configurations optimized for microphones, instruments, synths, media players and even smartphones and tablets. The addition of powerful EQ, flexible Aux routing and on-board digital effects make the Model 24 the ideal FOH solution for clubs, Houses of Worship, rehearsal halls and corporate installations.But the Model 24 is not limited to road work. Equally at home in the studio, the Model 24 features an integrated 24-in/24-out USB audio interface for easy connection to Mac
- or PC-based DAWs. With enough inputs to track a full band live and full access to EQ and effects on mix-down, the Model 24 brings analog warmth and hands-on control to computer based recording.
RecordAt the heart of the Model 24 is the legendary TASCAM Digital Portastudio recording engine. Delivering quality and reliability as only Tascam can, the Model 24 enables you to record and play back any combination of 24 tracks of digital audio as well as perform overdubs and punch-ins quickly and easily.Record every live gig you play, build your songs track by track, or play along to pre-recorded backing tracks and record the final performance. The Model 24 is designed to work the way you work, with no delays, no limitations and no compromises.
ConnectEqually at home in a project studio as on the road the Model 24 is the ideal analog counterpart to your Digital Audio Workstation. With enough inputs to capture an entire band in a single take, the Model 24 provides quick and easy signal routing to and from your computer without having to stop to re-patch and re-set levels. Inspiration won't wait, and Tascam won't slow you down.
MixFeaturing 12 Mono input channels and 4 Mono/Stereo channels, the Tascam Model 24 is flexible enough to support most groups on stage but compact enough to carry to the gig. Low noise, high-gain preamps, one-knob compressors (on selected channels), flexible routing, powerful EQ and silky smooth 100mm faders combine to deliver a truly dynamic, real-time mixing experience. Combine this with a 7 band EQ, dual monitor sends, and on-board effects making the Model 24 a truly powerful portable mixing solution, ready to take the stage (or studio). No confusing sub menus, no lost presets, just immediate hands-on control and incredible analog sound quality.
Channel SurfingDesigned for use on the road and in the studio, The Model 24 features four different channel strip configurations. The first two channels feature both an XLR input as well as a switchable line/instrument level 1/4" input. These are followed by a 1/4" TRS Insert connector for easy patching of a compressor, EQ or other effects. Next are the preamp gain controls (with overload indicator LED), switches for a 100Hz Low cut and the Line/Instrument level select switch. These are followed by the Routing Mode selector, which is common to all channels and allows input assignment selection of your choice
- the live incoming signal, the return from a DAW channel or the return from the internal multitrack recorder to each channel for EQ, processing and level control. Worth noting is that the Low Cut switch and the One-Knob Compressor are both wired into the signal path prior to the Routing Mode selection. This ensures that recorded tracks take full advantage of the Low Cut and Compressor setting features. Directly below this selector, and common to the first 12 channels is a One-Knob Compressor that helps to quickly and easily tame dynamics during a live performance. Also common to the first 12 channels is a musical 3-band EQ with a sweepable midrange frequency. Following the EQ section are a set of three auxiliary sends labeled Monitor 1, Monitor 2 and Auxiliary, providing additional routing to foldback systems and effects. Next up is the fader section which is consistent across the entire mixer. This roomy control area boasts a Pan control, a backlit Record enable switch and Mute button with an LED indicating engagement. Below these the Model 24 features a full set of 100mm Level faders and individual selector switches for assignment to the Main Mix, the Sub group and Pre Fade Listen. Once again, these are common to all channel strips. Channels 3 through 12 have been streamlined to feature XLR Microphone and 1/4" Line Level inputs. Channels 13 through 20 are configured as stereo input channels and feature an XLR Microphone input as well as dual 1/4" stereo inputs, with the Left input summing to Mono if the right input connector is unused. As these channels will typically be used for keyboards, drum machines, modular synthesizers and effects processors, the audio controls have been simplified to remove the One-Knob Compressor and to feature an intuitive fixed three-band EQ. The final channel configuration -
- channel 24 has been optimized for use with mobile devices and features either Stereo RCA and 1/8" inputs as well as Bluetooth pairing. This channel has also been optimized to feed Monitor 1 and Monitor 2 via rotary auxiliary send controls.
Master and CommanderThe Master section of the Model 24 has been designed to for fast and intuitive use during live performance and tracking. Directly at hand are premium grade 100mm faders for the Main Mix, both Monitors and Submix as well Mute and assignment buttons. Directly above are the controls for the on-board Digital Effects Processor which allow you to add Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flanger and more to one or more sources and destination. Following that are the controls for the integrated multitrack recorder, an assignable 7-Band Graphic EQ and the patch panel for system outputs, headphones and footswitch.
Make TracksThe integrated 24 Track Digital Multitrack Recorder makes the Model 24 the ideal choice for performers and songwriters alike. With the press of a button, your entire set is recorded and saved to SD card as individual tracks which can be mixed right there and then or imported into you DAW for editing, overdubs and mastering. And in between live gigs, the Model 24 serves as the ideal songwriter's companion with full record, overdub and punch in capabilities.
Live and Let DAWBeyond the ability to simply move recorded tracks to and from a DAW, the Model 24 is also designed as a powerful USB Audio Interface, complete with premium quality mic preamps and onboard compression. Ideal for project studios, the Model 24 will provide 24 simultaneous inputs to a computer based recording system, making it incredibly easy to record multiple musicians simultaneously without the frustration of channel limitations. The Model 24 also provides incredible flexibility at mixdown by making it simple to work completely in-the-box, or route tracks back through the mixer for 22 channels of hands-on control and true analog sound.
- All-in-One Multitrack Recorder with 22-channel Mixer and USB Audio Interface
- WAV 48kHz/24-bit, 24 channel multitrack recording to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards
- Built-in USB Audio Interface to send/receive audio data to/from DAW
- 22 Inputs (20 Balanced, 12 Monaural, and 4 Stereo)
- 16 TASCAM Microphone Preamps
- Input Mode switch on every input channel
- TASCAM Ultra-HDDA Mic Pre-amp (Channels 1 to 12)
- Preamp Gain Controller with Overload indicator (Channels 1 to 12)
- 3-band EQ with a sweepable mid-range frequency (Channels 1 to 12)
- 100 kHz Low-cut Filter (Channels 1 to 12)
- 7-band Graphic EQ
- 16 Pre-set Effects
- 100mm Long-throw Faders for precise adjustment
- Mute, Main/Sub, PLF switches on every input channel
- Bluetooth input supporting both AAC and SBC codecs
- SUB Outputs via XLR Balanced and RCA Unbalanced connectors
- LINE Inputs via RCA Pin and 1/8" Stereo Mini jacks
- 3 AUX Outputs (Monitor 1, Monitor 2, FX)
- 1 Stereo Output for Control Room
- Phantom Power (+48V)
- 1/4" Stereo Headphone Output
- Backlit buttons for key operations such as REC and Play
- Multi Jog-dial for quick menu operation
- 12-segment LED Output Level Meters
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.