Martin OMJM John Mayer Special Edition Acoustic-Electric Guitar (with Case)
Check the delivery time for another location!
- and even those who hadn't
- were enchanted by the guitar. Its quick neck, ultra-responsive Engelmann spruce top, silver-color line inlays and accents at the bridge and headstock, and unique fingerboard inlay proved as popular as the musician who designed it. The sizeable edition of 404 instruments sold out completely.Fast-forward to the present. The release of Mayer's "Heavier Things" album in late 2003 resulted in two more hit singles, "Bigger than My Body" and "Daughters," the second of which won Grammys for "Song of the Year" and "Best Male Pop Vocal of the Year." Touring in 2004 took him to Australia, Europe, Canada and across the United States and included a memorable performance at the Crossroads Guitar Festival.In 2005 he joined forces with bassist Pino Palladino and drummer Steve Jordan to create the John Mayer Trio, playing electric blues in a series of sold-out shows: the two-night stand at the House of Blues in Chicago was recorded for "The John Mayer Trio Live in Concert," an album released in November. He also took time out to perform at benefit concerts for Hurricane Katrina relief in Atlanta and New York.In light of John Mayer 's expanding reputation and fan base, the number of OM-28JM John Mayer Signature Edition guitars produced began to look awfully small. So, C. F. Martin & Co. asked John Mayer if he would create a second namesake guitar, one with many of the same attributes as his first, but one that would be more affordable and more widely available in the tradition of the wildly popular Martin 000-28EC Eric Clapton. He would and he did: The OMJM John Mayer Special Edition.Like its predecessor, the OMJM John Mayer Special Edition features a top of Engelmann spruce and back and sides of East Indian rosewood for warm, rich tone. Scalloped "Hybrid" bracing enhances the full timbre of this tonewood combination. Body appointments are also similar, with a Style 45 rosette featuring a center ring of colorful paua shell, bold herringbone around the top, black/white back purfling around the back, grained ivoroid binding throughout, an HD Style zigzag back strip and a traditional OM teardrop polished and beveled tor toise-color pickguard.The Spanish cedar neck with diamond volute is carved with playing comfort in mind, combining 1-11/16" width and low profile shape for easy fretting. The East Indian rosewood headplate sports Martin's Old Style decal in silver rather than the familiar gold (another nod to the OM-28JM John Mayer Signature Edition) and nickel Gotoh opengeared tuners with butterbean knobs. The black African ebony fingerboard highlights 1/8" mother of pearl position markers at the 5th, 7th (two), 9th, 15th and 17th frets, a unique 12th fret position marker of two dots flanking a slotted square, and John Mayer's signature inlaid in mother of pearl between the 19th and 20th frets.Style 45 white bridge pins and endpin are inlaid with abalone dots. The black African ebony bridge is fitted with a compensated TUSQ saddle, which combines with the factory-installed Martin Gold Plus Natural electronics for accurate, natural amplified sound. Adding to the beauty of this instrument is the flawless finish; vintage toner on the top, polished gloss nitrocellulose lacquer on the body and polished gloss on the headplate.To provide a touch of his personal style to the OMJM John Mayer Special Edition guitar, John Mayer has created a unique art deco-inspired monogram, which is embroidered on the special vintage Geib style hardshell case. Each guitar in this open series bears an interior label imprinted with the signatures of John Mayer and Martin Chairman C. F. Martin IV, and individually numbered in sequence.
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Engelmann Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top Bracing Pattern: Hybrid "x" Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16 in.
- Back Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Back Purfling: Hd Zig-Zag
- Side Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top Inlay Style: Bold Herringbone
- Side Inlay: None
- Back Inlay: Black/White Boltaron
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Profile
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Diamond/Squaretaper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Large Old Style - Silver
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4 in.
- # Of Frets Clear: 14
- # Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/16 in.
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8 in.
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Mop Dots, Single At 5th, Double At 7th, Single At 9th, Double At 12th W/ Mop Square, Single At 15th & 17th Frets
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss W/ Vintage Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: Belly
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-1/8 in.
- Saddle: 16 in. Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Nickel Open-Geared W/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Light Phosphor Bronze (Msp4100)
- Bridge & End Pins: White W/ Abalone Pearl Dots
- Pickguard: Tortoise Color - Beveled & Polished
- Case: 533EJM Geib Style
- Interior Label: Cfm Iv & John Mayer Pre-Printed Signatures, Numbered In Sequence
- Electronics: Martin Gold Plus Natural 1
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.