MatrixBrute is arguably the most powerful analog monophonic synthesizer ever! As flexible as a modular system but offering presets, MatrixBrute is a dream machine for everyone interested in creating a sound palette of their own. MatrixBrute is an outstanding analog synthesizer. Offering three Brute oscillators, a Steiner-Parker filter and a ladder filter, five analog effects, and the incredible modulation matrix. It is a massive sonic beast.
WHAT'S NEW IN MATRIXBRUTE 2.0?
Extended modulation capability
The original MatrixBrute featured 4 modulation options. The latest update gives you 4 pages of 4 modulations, quadrupling its creative scope!
New features for the sequencer
A simple but powerful overhaul of the sequencer lets you easily duplicate and delete sections, rotate the sequence, visualize notes in the step, and more.
Preset compare mode
Ever accidentally written over a great preset? Never again! Make sure your sound is better than the one you're saving over with the preset compare feature. Preview a slot before you save, and don't lose patches you love.
Totally independent control
If you prefer to make system changes without having to connect to a computer, the new update introduces a "system" mode, unlocking all parameters that normally could only be accessed through the MCC software.
Create your own LFO
Draw your own waveshapes on the matrix, quantize the steps or smooth them out, to truly customize your sound. You can also sync the LFO with triplets or dotted time divisions.
Enhancements and bug fixes
We've listened to MatrixBrute owners, and made things work even better for them. Now real-time recording with legato won't retrigger envelopes, changing presets doesn't reset the sync, and many more little improvements.
Power beyond the matrix
The heart of the MatrixBrute is its unique modulation matrix that allows you to create your own routings. You can invent a sound palette of your own that will be sure to be heard in any mix! The matrix can also be used to recall your presets. So go on stage, and select any of the 256 presets instantly! No menus or awkward selection screens, everything is at your fingertips. As if that was not enough, the matrix is also made to program and play sequences. This is no ordinary step-sequencer. With its ability to also be used as a modulation source, sounds evolve in melody and texture, just the way you want.
Sound beyond the power
Offering an audiosignal path that is 100% analog, MatrixBrute also features true analog effects. The MatrixBrute gives you the sonic quality and power of a vast modular synthesizer but with the flexibility of presets along with a great arpeggiator and an advanced sequencer. MatrixBrute is a truly empowering instrument!! It offers tons of connections so you can work in any set-up. It brings a quality keybed and a solid chassis. No endless menus or screens to navigate or multi-function buttons to remember. Forget about connectivity issues. This is you in control. This is you inventing sounds. This is analog avant-garde.
Forget about tiny LCD screens, being lost in menus and sub-menus, and trying to remember double functions and complex procedures. MatrixBrute brings back the fun and the immediate hands-on experience of synthesis.
When you want things to shake, grab the Sub Osc slider and bring it on. When you want it to sizzle, grab the filter knob and open it up. And when it's time to unleash the beast, grab the Brute Factor knob and turn it loose! It's that easy.
- Analog Matrix Synthesizer
- 256 Preset memory locations
- 2 Analog Exponential VCOs: Saw + UltraSaw, Square +Pulse width, Triangle + Metalizer, Sub
- 1 Analog Linear VCO/LFO: Saw, Square, Triangle, Sine waveforms; LFO time divisions; Key track
- VCO 2>1 Hard Sync
- Audio Mod: VCO1>2; VCO1 < VCO3> VCO2; VCF 1 < VCO3> VCF 2; VCF1 < Noise> VCF2
- Noise Generator: White; Pink; Red; Blue noise types
- 5 input Audio Mixer with Filter routing
- Steiner Parker filter with 12+24 db per octave modes ; Drive ; Brute factor; Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass, Notch
- Ladder filter with 12+24 db per octave modes; Drive; Brute factor; Low Pass, High Pass, Band Pass
- 2 LFO's: Sine, Tri, Square, Ramp, Saw, Random, S&H
- 3 Envelope Generators: 2 Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release, 1 Delay, Attack, Decay, Sustain, Release
- External Audio In
- 16x16 Matrix modulation panel
- 64 step sequencer: STEP enable, Slide, Accent, Modulation, Save and recall sequence patterns on the fly
- Analog Effects: Stereo delay, Delay, Flanger, Chorus, Analog Reverberator
- 12 CV / Gate Inputs/Outputs
- Audio Input, Line or Instrument level
- Stereo audio output
- MIDI and USB I/O
- Pedal inputs for Expression and Sustain