The Aston Stealth is a revolutionary broadcast quality microphone for studio and stage with 4 switchable voices delivering unparalleled performance in almost any situation. An autodetect function senses 48V phantom power and chooses passive or active mode as appropriate, and a built-in premium grade Class A Mic Preamp dispenses with the need for an external gain lifting device in active mode. Stealth features a unique Sorbothane internal shock mount system and Aston's legendary build quality.Stealth was developed in conjunction with more than 90 top engineers, producers and artists who participated in blind listening tests throughout the mic's development. The resulting four voice settings, Vocal 1, Vocal 2, Guitar and Dark, offer an unprecedented variety of professional sounds across a broad range of applications.
Four settings, four different voices Think of Stealth as four professional microphones in one. Each setting has been voiced by a panel of more than 90 top-flight audio engineers and producers on the Aston 33 panel through a series of double-blind listening tests, beating not only every mic in its class, but some far more expensive "industry standard" mics.There are 2 vocal settings optimised for different vocal tones, a guitar setting which is equally suited to Spanish guitar, electric guitar cab and steel-string acoustic, and a dark, vintage setting, reminiscent of classic ribbon mics.Mics which apply "flattering" -
- but destructive -
- pre EQ make professional post-processing almost impossible. Stealth, however, provides a choice of four pure, high-quality signal paths. The voice settings are not EQ filters, they are contour networks, meaning the bulk of the signal does not pass through any sort of filter circuitry. The whole signal is slightly attenuated, with some frequencies being added back in at a higher level. This results in much lower phase distortion than conventional filter designs.The four voices are:V1 (Vocal 1): This was voted top in blind testing for a range of male vocal takes, regardless of the pitch of the singer.V2 (Vocal 2): This setting came top for a range of female vocal takes. As with V1, this was more to do with timbre than pitch.G (Guitar): At home on anything from Spanish guitar through to raucous guitar cabs!D (Dark): A vintage sound, reminiscent of classic ribbon mics.It's important to note that V1 and V2 test panel preferences for male and female vocal takes respectively was little to do with the pitch of the singers and therefore can only be explained with reference to physical characteristics (vocal cords in particular) producing timbral differences. These results, while absolutely clear in double-blind tests, don‚Äôt mean that you should only check out one setting for your own voice -
- different settings should always be tried to find the best results.
+48V Phantom Autodetect: a world's firstStealth works with or without 48V phantom power and is the world's first microphone to feature an Autodetect function which senses 48V and switches to active mode, to utilise another of Stealth's standout features: a built-in professional-grade mic preamp (which dispenses with the need for an expensive external gain-lifting device).Phantom power is indicated by Aston's purple LED floodlights, which can be switched off when Stealth is to be heard but not seen, for example in broadcast and video situations.
Shock tacticsIn another first, Stealth's mass-loaded capsule is completely isolated from the chassis via three hemispheres made from Sorbothane -
- a synthetic material used in computing and hi-fi and an acoustic shield and vibration dampener -
- offering unparalleled internal shock absorption. The capsule and other vital components are pretty much floating in midair!
Built for workLike all Aston mics, Stealth is built to stand the rigors of professional life with a near indestructible chassis and capsule, and comprehensive isolation of the all-important inner-workings. The four voices are accessed by a flush-aligned rotary switch which cannot be snapped, bent or accidentally moved during performance or transit.
- Broadcast quality cardioid microphone for studio and stage
- 4 settings -
- 4 different voices
- Works with and without 48V phantom power
- Autodetect function senses 48V and chooses active or passive mode
- Class A Mic Pre built in -
- no external gain lifting device required
- Unique Sorbothane internal shock mount
- Excellent off axis (side) rejection
- Built-in purple LED phantom power indicator -
- switchable for Stealth mode
- Aston's legendary build quality
- Tested throughout development by more than 90 top engineers, producers and artists
- Supplied with quick release stand mount