Universal Audio Apollo Quad FireWire Audio Interface
Check the delivery time for another location!
- delivering the sound, feel, and flow of analog recording to music creators everywhere. A perfect centerpiece for studios running original Mac Pro towers and Windows 7 machines, this 18 x 24 FireWire 800-equipped interface features analog design based on UA's 50-year heritage, along with gold-standard Apollo A/D and D/A conversion for impeccable audio resolution.Apollo FireWire further distinguishes itself with Realtime UAD-2 Processing and Unison technology, letting you record with near-zero latency through the full range of UAD plug-ins from Neve, Studer, Manley, Lexicon, and more -
- including new mic preamp emulations from Neve, API and Universal Audio.With its elegant workflow and world-class audio quality, Apollo FireWire is the perfect interface for music producers seeking classic analog sound.
- Worldwide standard in professional A/D and D/A conversion for music production
- Onboard UAD-2 QUAD Core DSP allows Realtime UAD Processing -
- record through plug-ins from Neve, Lexicon, Studer, Marshall, Ampex, and more
- 4 Unison-enabled mic preamps for tracking through preamp emulations from Neve, API, and Universal Audio
- 18 x 24 FireWire audio interface for Mac and Windows 7
- Cascade two Apollos for 16 analog I/O and 12 digital I/O
- Includes "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle with 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more
- Upgradeable to Thunderbolt via Thunderbolt 2 Option Card (Mac)
- World class UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
The Gold Standard in 24-bit/192 kHz Sound QualityDesigned to play a central role in studios running original Mac Pro towers or Windows 7 machines, Apollo FireWire delivers an uncompromising approach to audio quality. Building upon decades of UA hardware heritage, it offers extremely high-resolution sound, with the lowest THD and highest dynamic range in its class. Apollo FireWire's four premium mic preamps and converters translates into recordings with astounding accuracy and depth -
- whether you're tracking and overdubbing, or mixing and mastering.
Realtime UAD Plug-In Processing for Tracking, Mixing, and MasteringWhile Apollo FireWire's "natural" sound is exceedingly open and transparent, it can quickly deliver a wide range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Featuring powerful onboard QUAD processing, Apollo FireWire's DSP Acceleration allows for recording through UAD Powered Plug-Ins -
- with as low as sub-2ms latency, regardless of buffer settings -
- letting you monitor and "print" audio with classic analog emulations from Ampex, Lexicon, Manley, Neve, Roland, SSL, Studer, and more.The Apollo FireWire's bundled "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" suite of UAD plug-ins gives you the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A, 1176, and Fairchild compressors, Pultec EQs, and more, so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics, right out of the box.Better still, Apollo FireWire's UAD plug-ins are also available during mixing and mastering, so you can use UAD plug-ins (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64) throughout the creative process.
Unison TechnologyA Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo FireWire's Unison technology gives you the tone of the world's most sought-after tube and solid state mic preamps -
- including their all-important impedance, gain stage "sweet spots," and component-level circuit behaviors. Based on unprecedented hardware-software integration between Apollo's mic preamps and its onboard UAD plug-in processing, Unison lets you record through stunning emulations like the bundled UA 610-B Tube Preamp plug-in, or exclusive preamp emulations from API and Neve.
Elegant Hardware Design and WorkflowOne key feature of Apollo FireWire isn't really a "feature" at all. It's the numerous design details that give you a fast, natural workflow -
- and better results. There are physical front-panel controls for all the most commonly used features, including Preamp and Monitor level knobs, channel selection, mic pad and low cut, phantom power, and dual headphone outs with independent level control. Smart Hi-Z inputs on the front panel detect when you've connected your guitar or bass. Sonically, Apollo's Monitor outputs are digitally controlled analog, so you don't lose audio resolution when you adjust gain.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Plus Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room ModelerAll trademarks are recognized as property of their respective owners. Individual UAD Powered Plug-Ins sold separately.
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.