Vox AC30HW2 Hand-Wired Guitar Combo Amplifier (30 Watts, 2x12 Inch)
Check the delivery time for another location!
- a method requiring a high level of skill and craftsmanship -
- resulting in wiring that's beautiful in its artistry, ensuring an efficient signal path with minimal loss and no restriction in amplitude. In the Hand-Wired Series, tubes, transformers, speakers, chassis, and custom parts all join together in an ideal state to deliver the richest and most powerful sonic experience -
- the ultimate amp. Not bound by tradition, the VOX Hand-Wired Series also provides a variety of new functions that keep pace with the needs of today's artists. Offering a rich variety of tonal shadings and a broad model lineup, the enormous potential of the VOX Hand-Wired Series will reveal itself in any musical scenario.
Features:- Hand-wired turret board construction
- Birch-ply cabinets featuring solid bracing and a natural high frequency diffuser
- All-tube design
- ECC83/12AX7 preamp tubes (x3)
- EL84 power tube quartet; (AC30 models); EL84 Duet (AC15 models)
- GZ34 rectifier (AC30 models); EZ81 rectifier (AC15 models)
- Fitted with matched Ruby Tubes that provide extended dynamic range
- Traditional VOX two-channel design
- Top Boost and Normal channels, High and Low inputs for each channel
- The Normal channel provides an additional Bright switch.
- The top boost channel provides a Hot/Cool switch to achieve even more gain
- Master Volume/Bypass switch completely bypasses the Master Volume section
- OP mode switch cut the amp's Output Power level in half
- Vintage fawn-colored vinyl, reminiscent of the 1960 classic AC30
- 2 Celestion G12M Greenback speakers
- VFS1 footswitch controlls the Top Boost channel's Hot/Cool switch
- A premium, custom-fit dust cover is included with every model
Ideal Sound and PowerTurret board hand-wired amps are every amp designer's ideal and every guitarist's dream, representing the ultimate in amplifier construction. Hand-wired amps are assembled entirely by hand, requiring staggering levels of technical expertise and care; and as such are often exclusive to today's limited productions or high-end models. The VOX Hand-Wired Series pairs these demanding methods with rigorously-selected custom parts. These premium components are wired with a truly artistic degree of perfection. The result is that the subtle nuances of the guitarist's touch, the guitar's audio signature, and the natural character of the vacuum tubes are passed with perfect transparency to the speakers.
True All-Tube DesignThe VOX Hand-Wired Series is a true all-tube amplifier, employing vacuum tubes in the preamp, power amp, and rectifier. The preamp uses three classic ECC83/12AX7 tubes. Depending on the amplifier wattage, the power stage uses either a quartet (AC30 models) or a duet (AC15 models) of EL84 tubes. The VOX Hand Wired Series use a tube rectifier. The AC30 models feature a GZ34 rectifier tube; while the AC15 models use an EZ81 tube. These three elements, when combined, provide the vibrant, organic and unmistakable tone that is the heart of the classic VOX sound.
Two-Channel DesignThe VOX Hand-Wired Series preserves the traditional VOX two-channel design, providing a Top Boost channel and a Normal channel. True to form, the Top Boost channel delivers the legendary AC30 sound with a fully interactive tone stack. VOX has also added a new and unique Hot/Cool switch. The Cool setting produces the orthodox Top Boost sound, while the Hot setting bypasses the tone circuitry altogether to create a more pure sound to achieve richer gain. A VFS1 footswitch is included with your VOX Hand-Wired Series amp, so you can quickly change between Cool and Hot, right at those moments when you need an extra dose of drive. The controls for the Normal channel consist simply of a volume knob, giving you a cleaner and more natural tube sound. In addition, this channel offers a Bright switch that, when engaged, adds emphasis to the upper harmonics of the tone.
Broad Tonal PaletteThe traditional, inimitable sound of the legendary AC30 continues to fascinate the guitarists of today. Many modern players have viewed this timeless design and desired more up-to-date options. While continuing to preserve the classic AC30's sonic character, the VOX Hand-Wired Series offers the flexibility to meet the sound-creating requirements of a broad range of scenes and styles. The addition of a Master Volume and an Output Power (OP) mode switch lets you change the power amp's output level, delivering more detailed control over the gain/volume relationship, in turn providing more control over your sound. Despite being decked out in the retro-style fawn-colored vinyl suggestive of a 1960 era AC30, these amps are not mere nostalgia products
- they are definitely designed for today's music scene.
"Old School" Master Volume BypassThe old AC30 had no master volume, nor indeed do most hand-wired amps. With such amps, high-gain sound meant that you needed to play at high volumes. High volume is unavoidable if tone is the primary consideration, but can be inconvenient in many situations. The VOX Hand-Wired Series provides a master volume control, but also provides an MV/Bypass switch that completely bypasses the master volume section. This means that the legendary sound that has fascinated guitarists for more than fifty years can be faithfully reproduced, giving you a direct and pure high-gain tone.
A Robust LineupThe VOX Hand-Wired Series is just that -
- a complete series offering true all-tube, hand-wired tone in a variety of models. Beginning with the combo styles, choose either the 30-Watt AC30 model with two 12-inch speakers, or the more modest 15-Watt model offering a single 12-inch speaker. The AC30HW2 and AC15HW1 models offer Celestion G12M Greenbacks, noted for their broad mid-range attack and restrained top-end, providing a punchy attitude when chording, and a searing lead tone. If a stack is your more your style, VOX is pleased to offer the AC30HWH 30-Watt Hand-Wired head. Complete your rig with the V212HWX cabinet, providing a stylish cosmetic match and housing two of the 12-inch Celestion Alnico Blue speakers. The AC30HWH head comes with a high-performance VOX speaker cable, painstakingly designed to provide a low-loss and transparent connection to the V212HW cabinet and maximize the amp's potential. This broad-ranging lineup lets you choose the amp that's perfect for your needs and tastes.
- Tube Complement: Preamp: ECC83/12AX7 (x3), Power amp: EL84 (x4), Rectifier: GZ34
- Speakers: Celestion Greenbacks (x2); 8 Ohm
- Normal Channel Jacks: High (x1); Low (x1)
- Top Boost Channel Jacks: High (x1); Low (x1)
- Foot Switch Jack
- Outputs: Power Output Jack (x2 for external/extension speakers )
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 705 x 260 x 550 mm / 27.76 x 10.24 x 21.65 inches
- Weight: 32 kg / 70.6 lbs.
- Included items: Power cable, VFS1 footswitch, Dust cover
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.