Roland System-1 AIRA Variable Synthesizer Keyboard
Check the delivery time for another location!
Modern VintageMeet the SYSTEM-1, a synthesizer probably unlike any you've encountered before. Like its predecessors, the SYSTEM-1 breaks ground with remarkable flexibility and access to a vast palette of synthesized sounds with the bold and unmistakable character associated with Roland synthesizers for nearly four decades.At the heart of the SYSTEM-1's sound is an Analog Circuit Behavior technology (ACB) which they use to carefully analyze every aspect of analog circuits and then faithfully recreate them down to the finest details. This technology fills the SYSTEM-1 with a fusion of beautifully classic and utterly modern synthesizer tones. Sound good?
There's more.The SYSTEM-1 can control and even host software recreations of classic Roland synthesizers. That's right. The SYSTEM-1 can control plug-in versions of now legendary Roland synths, and those same plugins can be hosted in the SYSTEM-1 itself
- with no computer required. You can even switch between the SYSTEM-1's internal sounds and those of the hosted plug-in. Roland calls this wizardry "PLUG-OUT" -
- and they're pretty excited about it.And they think you'll be excited too once you experience the supreme authenticity of the upcoming SH-101 softsynth, with the SYSTEM-1 providing an intuitive and fully automatic one-to-one control interface that just works. Let's be honest
- who could make a better plug-in version of a classic Roland synth than Roland?
And the SH-101 is just the beginning.The SYSTEM-1 not only sounds amazing, but it also has a totally innovative design with performance ready controls, quality construction, and a dizzying array of lights and knobs and sliders that proclaim -
- unashamedly -
- "I am synthesizer. Hear me roar."
A few more things- You can connect the SYSTEM-1 to your computer via its USB jack to send and receive Audio and MIDI data.
- The SYSTEM-1 can receive MIDI clock information to sync with external devices including other AIRA series units.
- The SYSTEM-1 is designed to work seamlessly and look great with other products in the AIRA series.
Features:- Four oscillators for buckets of fat synth tones
- Oscillator colors create continuous waveform changes from simple to complex
- All parameters can be controlled with physical knobs and sliders with LED indicators
- Advanced Arpeggiator with SCATTER
- SCATTER jog dial offers 10 different phrase variations with dynamic, real-time control over 10 stages of depth
- Variety of modulation functions including ring modulation, cross modulation and oscillator sync
- 12dB and -24dB filter types with independent high pass filters
- Tone knob for easy tonal balancing
- Crusher knob for modern edge
- Integrated Delay and Reverb effect units
- Tempo syncing for LFO and Delay
- Innovative thin keyboard with 25 normal sized keys
- Comfortable to play and yet the most compact Roland synth ever
- - Sound Generator Section:
- - Maximum Polyphony: 4 voices
- - Registrations: 8
- - Structure Elements:
- - SYSTEM-1 Mode:
- OSC 1, 2
- SUB OSC
- NOISE OSC
- ENVELOPE: PITCH, FILTER, AMP
- MODULATION: RING, OSC SYNC, CROSS MOD
- EFFECTS: CRUSHER, REVERB, DELAY
- - PLUG-OUT Mode: Depend on PLUG-OUT software
- - Other:
- - ARPEGGIO: Type: 6, Step: 6
- - SCATTER: Type: 10
- - Controllers:
- VOLUME knob
- PITCH BEND/SCATTER jog dial
- SCATTER TYPE dial
- KEY HOLD button
- OCTAVE UP/DOWN buttons
- MOD button
- Power Switch (Rear)
- - Connectors:
- PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- OUT (L/MONO, R) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- PEDAL (HOLD) jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- PEDAL (CONTROL) jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors
- USB port: USB type B (Audio/MIDI)
- DC IN jack
- - Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- - Current draw: 850 mA
- - Dimensions: (W x D x H) 472 x 283 x 70mm (18 5/8 x 11 3/16 x 2 13/16")
- - Weight: (excluding AC adaptor) 2.4 kg (5 lbs 5 oz)
- - Accessories: Owner's manual, AC adaptor, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
Supported DAWs for the SH-101 PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizer:Windows 8.1 / Windows 7
[ VST3 ] Steinberg - Cubase 7.5 ( 64-bit / 32-bit )
[ VST3 ] Cakewalk - SONAR X3 ( 64-bit / 32-bit )
[ VST3 ] PreSonus - Studio One 2 ( 64-bit / 32-bit )
[ VST3 ] Image-Line - FL Studio 11 ( 64-bit / 32-bit )
Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later / 10.9
[ AU ] Apple - Logic Pro X ( 64-bit )
[ AU ] Ableton Live 9 ( 32-bit )
[ AU ] Ableton Live Lite 9 ( 32-bit )
[ AU ] PreSonus Studio One 2 ( 64-bit )
[ VST3 ] Steinberg - Cubase 7.5 ( 64-bit )
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.