Innovative in both form and function, the BLUE Dragonfly microphone features a swiveling capsule that lets you capture audio any which way. Position this cardioid microphone however you want, and then rotate the capsule to fine-tune the Dragonfly's aim. Capture drum overheads, vocals, acoustic guitars, strings and more with this versatile microphone -- in addition to its convenient rotating head, the buzz-worthy Dragonfly is a studio workhorse that accommodates a range of instruments and sources, with a sound users describe as "smooth," with full, chesty lows and plenty of silky highs.
Boutique BLUE Quality for an Affordable Price
This unique microphone puts high-end BLUE components and design within reach of all musicians -- even those on a budget. The Dragonfly boasts BLUE's exclusive 1-inch active diameter capsule, with a 6-micron-thick mylar film specially sputtered with a mixture of pure gold and aluminum. Thanks to the swiveling capsule, the Dragonfly allows you to get transformerless, Class-A condenser tone right where you need it. Aim the mic at anyone in the band and know that you'll get the kind of low-noise, high dynamic range, and low distortion performance that makes BLUE mics so well respected.
Rotate The Capsule To Aim This Mic Anywhere
You can tell simply by looking at the Dragonfly that it's a versatile microphone -- its rotating capsule makes it easy to aim the mic's fixed cardioid pattern to capture vocals, acoustic instruments, drums, and even guitar amps. The Dragonfly's integrated elastic shock mount keeps vibrations in check, and transformer-less circuitry provides low-noise performance every time.
The BLUE Dragonfly cardioid condenser microphone comes with an integrated shock mount and ships in a classy linen box, ensuring that you like what you see, even when it's not in use. Ideal for any studio environment, the Dragonfly will be your go-to mic for easy, point and shoot recording sessions.
- Cardioid condenser microphone with a swiveling capsule
- Solid state, discrete Class-A mic amplifier
- Hand-built large-diaphragm sputtered capsule
- Rotate the capsule to fine-tune your setup
- Pressure gradient transducer
- Cardioid pickup pattern -- ideal for vocals, acoustic instruments, drum overheads, and more
- Integrated elastic shock mount
- Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Rated source impedance: 50 ohms
- Recommended load impedance: not less than 1,000 ohms
- Sensitivity: 20mV/Pa
- Signal to noise ratio: 69 dB (related to 1 PA at 1 kHz) max.
- Sound Pressure Level for 0.5% THD: 132 dB
- Requires 48V phantom power
- 3-Pin XLR-type connector
Bring BLUE's signature style and mellow, warm tone to your studio with the Dragonfly!