Nord Drum 3P Modeling Drum Synthesizer
Check the delivery time for another location!
Integrated Multi-padThe ultra compact Nord Drum 3P features an integrated super responsive multipad and external kick input and weighs under 2 kg (4,1 lbs)!
Delay and Reverb EffectsThe great sounding global Stereo Reverb and Delay effects lets you add a whole new dimension to your drum sounds and the effect amount is easily adjusted for each drum channel.
Simplified Sound Selection and Sound Bank- The Drum Select feature lets you browse a wide selection of great sounding drums sounds, simply assigned to each pad individually. Easily replace toms, cymbals or kicks in seconds by selecting from our preset library.
- The Drum Select banks feature 9 categories of great preset sounds that can be easily assigned to any of the six pads/channels
- and is a great starting point in rehearsal situations when you need to find the right sounds in a matter of seconds.
- The categories include Bass drums, Snare drums, Toms, Hi-hats, Cymbals, Percussion, Bells, Tuned Percussion and Effects.
Sound CreationThe Sound generation takes place in the three sections Tone, Noise and Click. The sounds of the Nord Drum 3P are all synthesized in real-time -
- allowing you to both sculpt and play sounds with a unique dynamic response, regardless if you prefer to play with drum sticks or from a sequencer.
Tone Section- The Tone Section is specialized for creating tonal and harmonically complex sound spectras and has four synthesis modes
- Resonant synthesis, Subtractive Synthesis, Frequency Modulation and Ring Modulation synthesis.
- The Resonant synthesis mode offers a wide range of complex spectras inspired by materials like drum heads, marimba, vibraphone, tines and cymbals. A unique feature includes the possibility to tune harmonic spectra.
- The Subtractive Wave types include Sine, Saw, Square, Pulse waveforms and T-Bridge Oscillators and are brilliant for creating classic synth-type drum sounds and effects.
- The FM Synthesis mode features 6 different FM algorithms where the Frequency parameter controls modulation amount and Spectra controls modulation frequency.
- The Ring Modulation mode features 2 different types of Ring Modulation.
Extreme Dynamic ControlThe Nord Drum 3P offers great control over the dynamic response of the harmonic spectras. When using Resonant synthesis waveforms the upper parts of the harmonic spectra be controlled with velocity, giving it a brighter timbre when played hard.When using the Subtractive synthesis mode, the Frequency parameter controls the cut-off frequency of a Low-Pass filter and the Dyn Filter controls how much the filter should respond to velocity.The Decay controls the decay of the whole spectra, with a choice of Linear and Exponential decay envelopes. A Dynamic Decay mode lets you set different Decay lengths for soft and hard strokes. The Punch Decay adds more attack to the Tone by giving the fundamental pitch an ultra-fast envelope at the very beginning of the sound.The Bend parameter provides a powerful, velocity sensitive pitch envelope. Use it to create attack-like effects but also more radical bending sounds that travel up or down when played such as the sound of a raindrop, tablas or the classic 80's "pioouw" tom-sound.
Noise SectionThe Noise section is all about producing noise and is very powerful. Create anything from silky smooth hiss to gritty gravel to give the Tone part of the sound more texture.The Noise can be sculpted with Low-Pass, High-Pass or Band-Pass filters with Cut-Off and Resonance controls. Once you've found the noise of your choice, it can be adjusted to respond dynamically to velocity in the same manner as with the Tone section with the Dyn Filter control.The Decay control is just as powerful, with a choice of Linear, Exponential and Gated decay types. A Dynamic Decay mode lets you set different Decay lengths for soft and hard strokes.Combine this with the equally powerful dynamic controls of the Tone Section and it won't take long before realizing the potential for creating complex sounds with fascinating material-like behaviors!
Click SectionThe Click-section is a specialized section for an ultra-short attack to the sound. A wide range of different click types are available as well as a level control for finding the sweet spot where the Click merges with the other elements and becomes one coherent sound.
EffectsEach of the 6 channels of the Nord Drum 3P has its own powerful effects -
- Drive, EQ and Ring Modulation. Adding just a touch of Drive to your sounds can make a huge difference in terms of realism, while the Sample-Rate reduction is perfect for Lo-fi crackling effects. Ring Modulation can be used for slow tremolo-like effects to total atonal mayhem.A flexible parametric Equalizer with selectable band and amount is also available for each channel, brilliant for adding some finish or attitude to your sounds.The Nord Drum 3 features two new Master Effects, Reverb and Delay. The Reverb features 5 room algorithms (Tiled Room, Room, Plate, Stage and Hall) with controls for tonal color. The Delay effect features a Tap Tempo-mode and adjustable feedback amount. The amount of Reverb and Delay can be set individually for each of the 6 channels of the Nord Drum 3P
Special Features:Edit AllThe handy Edit All mode let's you edit all 6 channels simultaneously, for example reverb, distortion or delay.Scale PresetsTuned Percussion kits can be created instantly by selecting one of the Scale Presets, which include Chord Scales, Pentatonic, Hang Tunings and Hexatonic.Mute GroupThe Mute Group gives you the option to create sounds that can cancel each other out. Only one of the members of the group can sound at a time, and can be used for creating a close/open hi-hat behavior and emulating muting techniques from hand percussion.
MIXERThe Channel Mixer sets the level for each channel and also features a Pan control for creating a lush stereo image. If you like to send the kick to a separate output, just pan that channel all the way to the left and the other channels to the right.
MIDIMIDI in/out is also available for using the Nord Drum 3P with any kind of MIDI pads or sequence it from an external MIDI Sequencer. All of the Nord Drum 3P sound parameters can be controlled via CC-controls over MIDI. If you own an iPad don't miss our free iPad app Nord Beat, specifically designed for sequencing the Nord Drum 3P via MIDI.
TRIGGER INTERFACEEverything you play when using the multipads and external input is automatically output to the MIDI output, making the Nord Drum 3 a brilliant controller for other sound sources via MIDI.
Features:- 6-channel Modeling Percussion Synthesizer
- Integrated multipad, kick pad input and MIDI
- Simplified user interface with easy sound selection
- Preset 'Drum Select' library for kicks, snares, toms and more
- Advanced sound engine with Resonant Synthesis, Subtractive synthesis and FM-synthesis
- Reverb and Delay Effects
- adjustable amount for each pad
- Drive, Sample-Rate reduction, Ring Modulation and EQ-effects for each pad
- MIDI in/out and full CC-control
- Stereo Output with improved output level
- Headphone Output with improved output level
- 4 Character LED-display
- 4 Banks x 50 Programs for Drum Kits
- 9 Drum banks for single drum sounds - Bass Drums, Snare Drums, Toms, Hi-Hats, Cymbals, Percussion, Bells, Tuned Percussion, Effects
- 8 User Banks x 50 sounds for single drum sounds
- Free OS updates
- Sound Generation:
- 6-channel Percussion Modeling Syntesizer
- Tone section - Resonance modeling, Subtractive, Ring Modulation and FM-synthesis
- Noise section - Low Pass 12dB/24dB, High Pass 12db/24dB, High Pass High Cut and Band Pass 6dB/12dB filter. Adjustable resonance and filter envelope response
- Click section - 12 click types, Noise Waveforms, Short Pulses, High Pass Filtered Pulses and Chirps. Adjustable level.
- Global Stereo Reverb with 5 reverb modes (Tiled Room, Room, Plate, Stage and Hall) and Color highpass/low pass. Reverb amount can be adjusted per channel.
- Global Delay with Rate (Milliseconds), Feedback and Tap Tempo mode (BPM)
- Drive, Sample Rate Reduction and Ring Modulation Effects per channel
- EQ with Gain and Frequency controls per channel
- PADS AND TRIGGER INPUT
- 6 integrated rubber pads with adjustable Input Threshold/Sensitivity
- External Trigger input with adjustable Input Threshold/Sensitivity for Kick drum pad or similar
- Adjustable Dynamic Response Curves
- Channel Peak/Activity indicator
- MIDI Note ON/OFF
- MIDI Program Change
- MIDI CC parameter control
- 2 Audio Outputs \\0xBC", 6,35 mm (unbalanced)
- Stereo Headphones Output - 1/8", 3,5 mm
- MIDI in & out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- 1 generic trigger input - \\0xBC", 6,35 mm
- DC input - 12V, 250mA
- L x W x H: 29,9 x 4,85 x 28,1 cm (11,78" x 1.9" x 11,2")
- Weight: 1,85 kg (4,1 lbs)
- Included Accessories:
- User Manual
- Universal Module Mount
- Universal Power Adapter
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.