Akai Professional packs serious power into its APC mini controller. With full Ableton compatibility, eight assignable faders with one master, and USB-powered plug and play setup, it's ideal for electronic musicians on the go.
Big Surprises Come in Small PackagesDexterous, versatile, and powerful, the only thing "mini" about this Ableton controller is the size. Engineered specifically for the mobile musician and the desktop producer, APC mini concentrates the essential features of the APC40 mkII, Akai Pro's flagship Ableton controller, into a compact design that fits in your backpack. The result is a dynamic instrument that empowers you to make music with Ableton Live -
Get On The GridAPC mini features an expanded 8x8 multicolor clip-launching grid that's built for hands-on exploration: launch clips and create or perform your song from the ground up using 64 responsive triggers. Tri-color lighting provides visual feedback and displays three clip statuses -
- loaded, playing, and recording -
- so you can perform without looking at your computer. Plus, you can use the Shift button and directional arrows to manipulate the scope of the 8x8 grid.
Fade In, Fade OutNine channel faders allow you to mix with a reinforced fader design. Users can change channel-fader functionality with the dedicated buttons for volume, pan, sends, and device control: fade clips in and out of the mix; pan instruments to the left, right, or center; raise the level of reverb or other effects to create fluid transitions; open and close filters for lush sweeps; and much more. Additionally, each fader is completely assignable for flexible mixing and mapping options.
Seamless IntegrationAPC mini comes pre-mapped to Live for an instant performance and production setup. When APC mini is plugged into your computer, its hardware controls correspond 1 to 1 with Ableton Live's interface -
- no additional configuring required. For APC veterans, all of APC mini's controls can be re-assigned on the fly for customized setups that change with your performance or production style. Whether you are an electronic music artist and Live is your canvas, a DJ using Live for performance and real-time mixing, or a more traditional musician using Live on stage or in the studio, you will find the APC mini to be the intuitive, powerful instrument that directly links your inspiration with Ableton Live.
USB Power & Class ComplianceFor maximum portability, APC mini is powered over USB and supports plug-and-play connectivity. APC mini also offers a smaller footprint than its APC counterparts, enabling musicians to use APC mini alongside effects controllers and other devices. Users can even run multiple APC minis in parallel for more versatility.
Production Content IncludedAPC mini comes packed with a version of Ableton Live, a high-definition virtual synthesizer, and professional samples and loops for immediate out-of-the-box music creation. Ableton Live Lite enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas in a fluid audio/MIDI environment. Hybrid 3, by AIR Music Tech, is a virtual synthesizer for electronic musicians, DJs, sound designers, and music producers who love to get their hands dirty. Create anything from fat, retro synth sounds to edgy, modern leads and everything in between. Toolroom Records artist launch packs bring you the coveted sounds of electronic music with a premium collection of sample packs, produced exclusively for Akai Professional.
Features:- Ultra-portable all-in-one Ableton Live controller
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
- 8x8 clip matrix with tri-color lighting displays current clip status
- 8 assignable faders + 1 master fader
- Shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the grid
- USB-powered and plug-and-play setup for Mac and PC
- Compact, durable design for mobile performers and producers
- Production package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, and Toolroom artist launch packs (downloads)