Behringer B212D Powered Speaker (550 Watts, 1x12 Inch), Black
Check the delivery time for another location!
- even at extreme operating levels. In addition, all four models feature an Ultra-Low Noise (ULN) Mic/Line input with LEVEL control and a dedicated 2-band EQ (bass/treble) for easy control.
Intelligent by DesignOne of the coolest things about active loudspeakers is the lack of back-breaking racks of amps, crossovers and EQs that are often required to make passive speaker systems sound almost as good. But that comes with a trade-off -
- that extra weight is transferred to the loudspeaker, making it difficult for a single user to heave all that mass onto the top of a speaker stand.BEHRINGER's D Series' "Intelligent-Design" merges the best features of active loudspeakers with significantly lower weight by using switch-mode power supplies and Class-D amplifier topology.Hidden deep inside each enclosure is the equivalent of an active 2-way electronic crossover, graphic EQ, parametric EQ, mic preamp, limiter and two Class-D power amplifiers, yet overall weight is less than comparable loudspeaker systems! These components work together seamlessly to provide optimum sound quality -
- and it all takes place automatically, without you having to touch a single knob.
LightweightClass D Amplifier Technology Delivers High Power With Low Weight. Instead of operating relatively continuously like Class AB circuits, Class D amps switch on and off thousands of times per second, delivering power only when needed. In other words, the amplifier is either fully on or fully off, which significantly reduces the power losses in the output devices. This is easy in theory and complex in practice, which is why there are so many different Class D designs. Without boring you with terms like PWM Generation and Gate Drivers, let's just say that to realize the benefits of a Class D design requires compensating for a lot of potential problems that can cause audible distortion. BEHRINGER didn't invent Class D technology, but their R&D Department has been working for years to perfect their own version with all the benefits of reduced weight and cool running, and none of the drawbacks. That's why they invested over a solid year of research time eliminating pitfalls like quantizing errors and excess dead time, selecting just the right switching frequency (and other equally tech-y terms). And why they spent an equally long time testing individual components to ensure they will stand up to the rigors of the real world.When combined with switching-mode power supplies that replace heavy toroid transformers, their designs provide more dynamic punch since the higher switching frequency reloads the supply's capacitors much faster. And, because they are so much more efficient, the D Series runs cooler and doesn't require huge, heavy heat sinks. The resulting speakers systems are much lighter, making them easy to transport and set up. Their no-compromise design means your D Series active loudspeakers will deliver full power and incredible fidelity all night long, with no need for rest cycles.
Instant PA SystemWith just a single D Series loudspeaker system and a microphone or MP3 player, you can set up an instant sound system. Thanks to the built-in preamp section, you just connect a dynamic mic and raise and lower the volume with the Level control. Plug in your sound source, place the speaker on a tabletop or stand, and power up. It's just that easy. And if you need more coverage, simply use the convenient LINK OUTPUT XLR connector to add more active loudspeakers.
Stereo Music SystemYou can even use two D Series enclosures for stereo playback of your MP3, CD or old-skool cassette deck without any additional hardware. Just plug the appropriate stereo "breakout" adapter into your deck's output jack and run the cables to the 1/4" inputs on each loudspeaker. Set the Level and EQ controls the same on both enclosures. Voila, instant party!
Marvelous MonitoringThanks to their trapezoidal design, these cabinets can be laid on their side providing the ideal angle for onstage monitor wedge applications. Hookup is simple, requiring only a single XLR or 1/4" cable from the monitor send on your mixing console and, of course, power. Additional monitors can be chained together via the XLR LINK OUTPUT jack on the rear panel.
Custom-Designed TransducersLet's face it; the transducers (woofers and tweeters) are the only part of a sound system you actually hear, so they don't cut any corners. While some of their competitors are content to buy off-the-shelf transducers and plug them into their boxes, they custom-design and build their transducers from scratch. Not only do they wind their own voice coils, they process the paper pulp into cones and even machine their own backplates. This enables them to control the quality, and frankly, make better components, like the long-excursion LF transducers and state-of-the-art 1.35" compression drivers they deploy in each and every EUROLIVE enclosure.
Low Frequency ResponseThe EUROLIVE D Series was built with extended low frequency handling in mind. With a tuned port, internally braced, injection molded enclosure, each model's custom-designed LF transducer (woofer) really cranks out tight low end. Keep in mind that bass response varies according to LF transducer size, so the larger the speaker, the more bass you will be able to generate.
Accurate Non-Fatiguing Midrange and TrebleEven if your particular application doesn't include booming bass, you'll love the sheer accuracy of these loudspeakers. Over a year of design went into a exponential horn/aluminum dome compression driver combination that could do justice to loud hard rock or dance music -
- yet could also satisfy audiophiles with its musical timbre and attention to detail. For spoken word, singing or acoustical instruments, they are un-matched for being able to articulate complex harmonic details. In fact, many customers think it's the most natural-sounding speaker they've ever heard at anywhere near the price.
Processor Controlled OutputDynamic processing is one of the best ways to maximize output without sacrificing sound quality. The D Series' built-in circuitry automatically adjusts program content, allowing the loudspeaker to operate at extreme levels. It accomplishes this by reducing bass output slightly as you approach the limit of the transducers. This frees up LF amp and transducer resources, so that higher overall volume can be realized. It's like having a tiny soundman inside each cabinet constantly monitoring and changing output parameters. By making subtle changes to the crossover frequency and the audio content, the system is able to crank out more sound -
- without the slightest hint of distortion.
Massive Power to Size RatioCutting-edge technology and high-fidelity speakers are not all it takes to get your message across -
- you need power, and lots of it. At the heart of each EUROLIVE D Series loudspeaker are two high-current amplifiers with a total output of 550-Watts for the B212D/B215D and 220-Watts for the B210D/B208D. They're capable of driving the speakers to their maximum with no distortion -
- and without speaker damage, thanks to active internal protection circuits. Put simply, they will astound you with their massive punch, smooth mids and articulate top-end!
Which Speaker do I Need?As you've probably noticed, they make these active loudspeakers in four different woofer sizes. Which one is right for you?Well, let's start with your application. Is it spoken word in a hotel ballroom? Hard rock in a park? A folk singer or a drum 'n' bass DJ? Loud enough for an 18-year old or loud enough for your grandmother? A huge auditorium or a tiny club? Physics are physics and a 15" low frequency transducer has almost 40% more surface area with which to move air than a 12". A 12" has 30% more area than a 10", and a 10" has 35% more than an 8". So the easiest answer is "Whether to choose one speaker cabinet over another depends on your bass requirements." If you're addressing a small meeting, or demoing the "slice-o-chop-o-vegamatic" at the swap meet or county fair, the B208D might be all the speaker you'll need. But if you're providing disco to the masses at a standing room only nightclub -
- or you just need to crank it up louder, then the B215D may be a better choice.As you can see, "Bass requirements" isn't quite as easy an answer as it sounds. The larger a room's cubic volume, the more energy is required to achieve a given level of bass. In other words, when playing the same tune in a big room versus a small room, big room = less bass; small room = more bass.
- High-power 550-Watt 2-way PA sound reinforcement speaker system for live and playback applications
- Ultra-compact and light weight system delivers excellent sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Revolutionary Class-D amplifier technology: enormous power, incredible sonic performance and super-light weight
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio, superior transient response and very low power consumption
- Extremely powerful 12 in. long-excursion driver provides incredibly deep bass and acoustic power
- State-of-the-art 1.35 in. aluminum-diaphragm compression driver for exceptional high-frequency reproduction
- Ultra-wide dispersion, large-format exponential horn
- Ultra-low noise Mic/Line input with Volume control and Clip LED
- Dedicated 2-band EQ for perfect sound adjustment
- Additional Line output allows linking of additional speaker systems
- Versatile trapezoidal enclosure design allows different positioning
- Ergonomically shaped handles for easy carrying and setup
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
- LF Driver Size: 1 x 12"
- HF Driver Size: 1.35"
- LF Driver Power Amp: 250W Continuous
- HF Driver Power Amp: 65W Continuous
- Total Power: 550W Peak
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4", 1 x XLR
- Outputs: 1 x XLR
- Frequency Range: 65Hz-20kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.4kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 125dB
- Enclosure Material: Molded Plastic
- Mounting Options: 1-3/8" (35 mm) pole-mount socket
- Height: 21.7"
- Width: 13.6"
- Depth: 10.6"
- Weight: 31.9 lbs.
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.