Behringer X18 XAIR Digital Mixer
Check the delivery time for another location!
- including iPad and Android tablets. It is ideally suited for both live and studio applications, thanks to its 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed mic preamps, convenient integrated Wifi module for wireless control -
- and a lightning-fast, bidirectional USB Audio Interface.The freedom to move around and manipulate all parameters of your mix with the free iOS, Android and PC apps lets you dial in the perfect sound from anywhere in the venue -
- or the tracking room! Advanced engineering and meticulous design deliver stellar sonic performance at an extremely affordable price -
- changing the game once again.\t
MIDAS -Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. Employed by the most famous touring acts and installations worldwide, legendary MIDAS consoles such as the XL4 and Heritage H3000 quickly became industry standards.MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach for audio and build quality and in particular for their award-winning Mic Preamps which are considered by industry experts as the industry's best sounding designs. Building on this legacy, the XL8 and PRO Series of Live Mixing Systems continue this great heritage of award-winning audio quality.Behringer is proud to incorporate MIDAS designed mic preamps for the ultimate in high quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments. Find out more about MIDAS-
- The Legend in Sound Quality
- amazing legacy by visiting their extensive website.
Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi RouterDesigned for the ultimate in mobility, the X18 comes with an integrated Wifi module for direct control of your mixer's functions -
- without the need to setup and configure an external router. The X18 gives you the freedom to focus on your mix, while allowing you to move about the venue to experience what every part of the audience is hearing. Plus you can adjust live monitor wedges from the artist's perspective -
- or better yet, let them mix their own IEMs and floor monitors via their own tablets.Access Point is the easiest way to connect up to 4 clients directly and concurrently (i.e., iPad, Android smartphone/tablet or laptop). This mode should have your remote control up and running in less than a minute.Wifi Client allows you to add your mixer to the existing wireless network where the controlling apps and devices are connected.Alternately, wired connections can be made directly to your PC, to a local area network (LAN), or when connecting to a dedicated Wifi router, e.g., for extended range or 5 GHz applications.
Recording SimplifiedThe incredibly fast and comprehensive 18 x 18 channel, bi-directional USB interface makes the X18 an amazingly powerful digital mixing solution for recording directly to your iPad or PC. Dial in the perfect monitoring mix with effects and zero-latency, while sending up to 16 microphone signals -
- and the keyboard player's MIDI notes to your DAW for recording.Whether you-'e making rock history in the studio, or you want to capture intimate live performances -
- it's never been easier to record stunning tracks with exceptional clarity.
Revolutionary Auto-MixingWhen your application calls for a multiple-microphone setup, such as an onstage panel discussion, press conference or courtroom proceeding, etc., it can become a challenge to maintain so many open mics -
- and preserve maximum gain and priority for the moderator.A major first for compact audio mixers, our revolutionary X AIR Gain Sharing technology can easily manage fully automated mixes with up to 16 live microphones. Based on the legendary Dan Dugan automix system, the X18's gain sharing paradigm automatically controls the levels of all selected microphones in real time, without any gating artifacts or noise modulation.This function dramatically reduces the typical feedback, studio noise and comb filtering challenges that can occur when two, or more mics are in close proximity of each another. X AIR Gain Sharing technology provides a consistent system gain structure, even when multiple speakers are talking at the same time.\t
4 Onboard X32 Effects EnginesEquipped with the very same FX engines as the now legendary X32 Digital Mixing Console, the Onboard virtual FX Rack provides access to four true-stereo (8 mono), multi-effects processors including delay, chorus, dynamics -
- plus the X18 can run production-quality, true-stereo reverbs concurrently with 31-band EQ on the main and aux buses, all without the need for any additional hardware.You can select any combination of high-end simulations of legendary studio effects, such as the Lexicon 480L and PCM70, as well as the EMT250 and Quantec QRS reverbs. Onboard processing means your computer doesn't have to do the heavy lifting during a mixing session with DAW plugins as the X18 has a whole studio of FX under its hood.Custom-designed, and physically modeled after some of the most iconic and sough tafter processors, all effects run inside the low-latency environment of the X18 mix engine, ensuring flawless performance, flexible routing and the end of cable faults forever!
100-Band RTA for all Channel/ Bus EQ'sThe X18 includes a high-resolution 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA), with full Bar and Spectrograph views. This high-resolution RTA displays the audio energy distribution in 100 frequency bands over time -
- capturing a sonogram window of a full 10 seconds.Switch between the Large RTA view, displaying any available signal in full screen resolution, or the Combined RTA view shown above each of the channel and bus EQ curves -
- and see the results of your filtering choices. Additionally, the RTA can be displayed on top of the 31-band graphic EQs in the Main LR or Aux buses. Monitoring and controlling frequencies has never been easier!
16 Channels of Personal MonitoringThe easy way to send sound, our ULTRANET connectivity allows you to send 16 digital sources over a lightweight and easy-to-deploy Cat 5 cable to P16-D Digital ULTRANET Distributors, or directly to P16-M Personal Monitor Mixers. This powerful and advanced technology makes it easy for individual performers to create their own "more me" mix -
- and frees you up to put on your best show. ULTRANET also provides the perfect conduit for sending your mix to the TURBOSOUND iQ Series loudspeakers, which can tap into the 16-channel digital bus directly.
Launch Pad for Every PlatformWhile the tablet mixers made by our competitors only work with iOS-compatible tablets, the X18 is an equal-opportunity launch pad for your dreams thanks to its ultra-wide tray that accepts PC/Mac*/Linux* mini-notebooks and tablets, Android* devices -
- and yes, even iPads of all sizes. By using an internal Wifi router and a suite of ultra user-friendly dedicated apps, the X18 is the one tablet mixer on the market that accommodates the world's most popular operating systems!
Uncompromised Channel ProcessingThe X18 allows you to achieve the same incredible level of EQ finesse as the award-winning X32 thanks to its 100-band Real Time Analyzer, which is built into every input channel and bus EQ. Visual feedback built into the control app allows you to see and make fast, surgical adjustments to frequencies in need of a boost or a cut. You'll wonder how you ever EQ'd without it!Every input channel also features Low-Cut, 4-band fully parametric EQ and the same Gate and Compressor dynamics suite found in the X32 -
- with one very special addition; you can choose either Expert or Simple functionality. In Expert mode, you can drill down and get your hands on every nuance of your dynamics. Or, if you're more of the "plug and play" type, Simple mode lets you either select from one of our 4 carefully-optimized presets -
- or load your own channel templates. Add to this 40-Bit, floating-point DSP and you'll experience virtually unlimited dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency.In addition to the Main L/R bus for Front of House, 6 Aux buses are provided for dialing in the perfect monitor mixes, complete with inserts, dynamics, and either a 6-band parametric EQ or 31-band graphic EQ. And if all these outstanding EQ options put a smile on your face, you'll love it even more when we tell you that 100-band RTAs are available for these, too!
MIDI In/Out for Live Performance ControllersThe physical MIDI I/O port on the X18 mixer can also be used for connecting external MIDI controllers, such as our X-TOUCH or B-CONTROL products, for dynamically controlling channel level, muting and panorama adjustments during your performance. And since the full-featured X18 also supports the Mackie Control protocol, you easily apply comprehensive remote editing and parameter adjustments via any compatible MIDI devices.Dedicated Apps and Software -
- All Platforms CoveredSince we realize that one size doesn't always fit all, we went the extra mile and provided apps for all the most popular devices and operating systems. So we engaged dedicated (and highly caffeinated) development teams for our iOS*, Android*, PC/Mac* and Linux* based applications for the X18 mixer. When you download an X18 app for your OS, you can rest assured that you will get the fully optimized experience we intended.
X AIR EDIT (PC/Mac/Linux)If your application requires a computer for Behringer X AIR mixer remote control, the X AIR EDIT was made just for you. Simply copy and launch the free software with your computer, connect to the mixer via its built-in Ethernet (LAN) connector using a Cat 5 cable (max. 100 m length) -
- and all X AIR mixer functions are instantly mirrored on your computer screen. Since your PC screen is larger than the one on your telephone, X AIR EDIT allows you to open and scale more app windows, such as for routing or FX editing -
- letting you decide how much information you need at a glance. All touch screens are supported, or you can use a mouse to adjust your physical mixer--s settings. You can even control multiple mixers remotely from a single computer, or create several strategically placed computer stations to control the same mixer. With X AIR EDIT, your PC, Linux or Mac computer becomes your virtual mixer -
- both live and in the studio.
X AIR for iPadFront of House is wherever you and your iPad are -
- thanks to the X AIR app for iPad. Simply download the free app to your iPad, set the Behringer X AIR mixer to Access Point mode and connect your iPad to the X18 network that will show up. After launching the X AIR app, select the mixer image, and all of your X AIR mixer--s settings can now be adjusted directly from your iPad. You can save your favorite scenes, and load previously stored scenes and presets to/from your iPad or customize your channel layout -
- all with the support of innovative drag "n" drop functionality.
X AIR for AndroidDesigned specifically for all Android mobile devices (4.0 or higher), which includes tablets and smartphones, the app can be used in one of two modes: full access mixing mode; or bound to a specific aux bus for creating personal monitor mixes remotely on BEHRINGER X AIR mixers. Using this free and easy to learn app, each performer can use their Android device to dial-in the perfect personal IEM or wedge monitor mix, without having to consult the audio engineer for assistance. With the X AIR App for Android, personal monitor mixing just got a whole lot more personal -
- both live and in the studio! But it doesn't stop there -
- in full access mixing mode, the app provides control over all channel processing including the RTA overlay, effects editing, storing/loading scenes or presets, and much more -
- whether you're running a 12" tablet or a 5" smartphone.
Compose. Record. Mix. Share.Tracktion is one of the world's fastest and easiest Digital Audio Workstations (DAW) for composing, recording, editing, mixing and sharing your music with the world. Featuring a single-screen interface, and pushing the envelope in design elegance, Tracktion brings together outstanding Pro DAW features, such as dynamic automation, unlimited track count, MIDI recording and support for VST and AU plug-ins. This powerful music production software gives you all the tools of an entire professional-grade recording studio. Learning a DAW has never been easier, thanks to their vast and readily available library of resources.As our way of saying Thank You, when you register your X18 mixer at behringer.com, we'll reward you with a complimentary download code for the full version of Tracktion 4 -
- or for a 50% discount on Tracktion 5. Recording and editing couldn't be easier.
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.