Boss BR-800 Multi-Track Digital Recorder
Check the delivery time for another location!
- a battery-powered studio to go. The sleek design is made possible by touch-sensor switches and SD-card recording media. Up to four tracks can be recorded simultaneously with eight tracks of simultaneous playback plus an additional stereo track dedicated to the built-in rhythm generator. The BR-800's powerful onboard effects processor includes GT-10/10B effects, VE-20 vocal effects and harmonies, and COSM(R)-based acoustic-guitar body modeling. EZ Recording feature interactively guides through the recording process. A stereo microphone is also built into the BR-800 for instant "Song Sketch" recording. No matter where you roam, you'll never miss a moment of musical inspiration with the BR-800.
Features- 4-track simultaneous recording, 8-track simultaneous playback plus dedicated stereo rhythm track playback
- EZ Recording interactively guides through the recording process
- Powerful guitar, bass, and vocal effects derived from BOSS's flagship processors
- Song Sketch recording for quick stereo capture in WAV format
- Built-in advanced drum machine with editor software
- Functions as a USB audio interface and DAW control surface
- Built-in stereo condenser microphone for instant recording
- Sleek interface based on touch sensors
- 1GB SD included (supports up to 32GB SDHC card)
- Runs on six AA batteries/USB bus power/AC adaptor (included)
EZ RecordingWhether you're creating intricate, multi-layered songs or point-and-capture field recordings, the BR-800 makes the recording process fast and easy. Beginners will love the EZ Recording mode that interactively guides you through the recording process. Other helpful features include the convenient Retry function, which recues automatically to fix mistakes, and Song Sketch recording for instant, one-touch capture. There's also a built-in stereo condenser microphone plus a DR-880-quality rhythm generator for adding drum and percussion tracks to your songs.
Pro EffectsEnhance your recordings with the powerful BOSS effects onboard the BR-800. Many of the effects are derived from BOSS's flagship processors, including vocal effects from the VE-20, COSM(R) guitar/bass amps and effects from the GT-10 series, modeled acoustic-guitar body effects from the AP-1 preamp, which imparts pro-quality miked-up sound and rich body tone to line-recorded acoustic guitar. You'll be amazed at how much processing power is built into this little recorder, and how excellent the effects sound.
MobilityYou can power the BR-800 from the included AC adaptor, or, for ultimate mobility, it can be powered from six AA batteries. Record anywhere! Stereo microphones are also built into the BR-800 for instant "Song Sketch" recordings -
- great for capturing song ideas (acoustic guitar and vocals, for example) from any location.
USB EnhancedThe BR-800's USB compatibility enables a variety of functionality with computers. Connected to a PC, the BR-800 will function as a USB audio interface for recordings that utilize the internal effects. The BR-800 can also function as a control surface for DAW software.
Optional Recording Package Contents:- 2 x KRK RP5G2 Rokit G2 5-Inch Powered Studio Monitors
- 1 x MXL 440/441 Dual Studio Microphone Pack
- 1 x On-Stage 7701B Tripod Boom Microphone Stand
- 2 x CBI MLC20 XLR Microphone Cable (20 Foot)
- Track: 8
- Simultaneously recording track: 4
- V-Track: 64 (8 V-Tracks per each Track)
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+1/-3 dB)
- AD Conversion:
- 24 bit
- 24-bit + AF method (GUITAR/BASS input)
- *AF (Adaptive Focus) method is a proprietary method from Roland that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (S/N) ratio of the A/D and D/A converters.
- DA Conversion: 24bit
- Compatible Card Capacity:
- SD Card: 1 GB to 2 GB
- SDHC Card: 4 GB to 32 GB
- Data Type:
- HiFi (MT2) Roland/BOSS original format
- 16 bit linear stereo WAV format(*)
- *SONG SKETCH only
- Recording Time:
- (for multi-track recording)
- *Conversion in one track
- 1 GB: 8 hours 40 minutes
- 2 GB: 17 hours
- 4 GB: 34 hours
- 8 GB: 68 hours
- 16 GB: 136 hours
- 32 GB: 272 hours
- * The above-listed recording times are approximate. Times may be slightly shorter depending on the number of songs that were created.
- * The above number is the total for all the tracks that are used. If each of the eight tracks contain an equal amount of data, the length of the resulting song will be approximately 1/8 of the above.
- Recording Time
- (for SONG SKETCH)
- *Stereo recording
- 1 GB: 90 minutes
- 2 GB: 3 hours
- 4 GB: 6 hours
- 8 GB: 12 hours
- 16 GB: 24 hours
- 32 GB: 48 hours
- Nominal Input Level:
- GUITAR/BASS jack: -10 dBu
- INPUT 1 to 4 jacks: -50 to -20 dBu (XLR type), -26 to +4 dBu (1/4" TRS phone type)
- LINE IN jack: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance:
- GUITAR/BASS jack: 1 M ohm
- INPUT 1 to 4 jacks: 3k ohms (XLR type), 47 k ohms (1/4" TRS phone type)
- LINE IN jack: 10 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level:
- LINE OUT jacks: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance LINE OUT jacks: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance:
- LINE OUT jacks: 20 k ohms or greater
- PHONES jack: 32 to 100 ohms
- Residual Noise Level: LINE OUT jacks:-85 dBu or less (IHF-A Typ.)
- Display: 128 x 64 dots (Backlit LCD)
- Connectors: GUITAR/BASS jack (1/4" phone type), INPUT 1--4 jacks (XLR type / 1/4" TRS phone type), LINE IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type), FOOT SW/EXP PEDAL (1/4" TRS phone type), LINE OUT jacks (RCA phono type), PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4" phone type), USB connector, DC IN jack
- USB Function: Audio Input/Output, MIDI Input/Output, File Transfer, BUS Power operation
- Power Supply:
- DC 9V: AC Adaptor
- Size AA Dry battery x 6 (alkaline batteries recommended)
- USB Bus Power
- Current Draw:
- 280 mA (DC IN)
- 480 mA (USB Bus Power)
- Battery Life for Continuous Use:
- Approximately 5.5 hours
- (Alkaline dry batteries, with continuous playback of 8 tracks, phantom power off)
- * May vary according to usage conditions, phantom power used, batteries used, and type of SD card used.
- SD Card (1 GB), AC Adaptor, USB Cable, BR-800 DVD-ROM, Owner's Manual
- Footswitch: FS-5U, Pedal Switch: DP-2 (Roland), Expression Pedal: EV-5 (Roland), FV-500L/FV-500H, Soft Case: BA-CB1
- Size and Weight
- 289 mm
- 11-7/16 inches
- 184 mm
- 7-1/4 inches
- 58 mm
- 2-5/16 inches
- 890 g
- 2 lbs.
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms* USB Driver for BR-800 requires Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.4 or later. For more detail, please refer to the documents attached with the drivers.
- In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice.
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.